Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Economics Course In Less Than A Year?

• 11-08-2012 1:38am
    Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭

I'm entering Leaving Cert in two weeks and the course I want to do next year involves Economics. I've missed alot of the Religion course and I am dropping it. I've heard Economics for Leaving Cert is a short course. Is this true and would I have enough time to get it all covered at higher level starting from Halloween? Economics isn't offered in our school unfortunately or I would have taken it at the start of fifth year. Would I need grinds for it and what books do you suggest? Thanks in advance :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,572 ✭✭✭Canard

A repeat in my year took it up with the people who'd been doing it since 5th year and it's definitely one of the subjects a lot of people do in a year. :)

When PictureFrame smells this thread he'll tell you all about it - he's an expert and self teaching it. :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 948 ✭✭✭Muir

When I was doing it I know our class went to this seminar thing in DCU (I think) and they gave you a book and stuff. It might be helpful if you're self teaching. I can't seem to find it online but maybe someone else might recall going to it & have more info, and if I manage to find it I'll post it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Lena137

Muir wrote: »
    When I was doing it I know our class went to this seminar thing in DCU (I think) and they gave you a book and stuff. It might be helpful if you're self teaching. I can't seem to find it online but maybe someone else might recall going to it & have more info, and if I manage to find it I'll post it here.
    That would be really helpful if you find out, Thanks! : ) What book did you use in class?

• Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭Lena137

Patchy~ wrote: »
    A repeat in my year took it up with the people who'd been doing it since 5th year and it's definitely one of the subjects a lot of people do in a year. :)

When PictureFrame smells this thread he'll tell you all about it - he's an expert and self teaching it. :P
    Thanks it's good to know it doable in a year! :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,391 ✭✭✭Mysteriouschic

I repeated last year and picked up economics and most of the class was taking it up as their new subject.
    It's doable in a year , the micro section is confusing at first with the graphs after a few grinds I was fine.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭HeaneyBabe

Just because it's short, doesn't mean there isn't a lot in it. I did it and I really felt I need both 5th and 6th year. The macro section will be easy enough for you, but you will need to spend more time on the micro.. and probably need someone to explain a few bits and pieces to you. It can be hard to get your head around.

Advertisement