Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Repeat exam question

Options
  • 11-08-2012 2:26am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 91 ✭✭

Have a repeat exam coming up in september.Got a problem though.Basically I didn't do great in all the small tests over the year and the summer exam was worth 60 percent of the overrall grade.So I'm just wondering if I do pass this repeat exam can I still go forward at all.Because the issue would be that I don't have enough percentage in my overrall grade 2 get by even if I do very well in this repeat.What are my options? obviously very against repeating one module.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,599 ✭✭✭✭CIARAN_BOYLE

chrissb7 wrote: »
    Have a repeat exam coming up in september.Got a problem though.Basically I didn't do great in all the small tests over the year and the summer exam was worth 60 percent of the overrall grade.So I'm just wondering if I do pass this repeat exam can I still go forward at all.Because the issue would be that I don't have enough percentage in my overrall grade 2 get by even if I do very well in this repeat.What are my options? obviously very against repeating one module.
    First no matter what overall grade you get it will be listed in your transcript as 40% since its a repeat.

You need to talk to your lecturer or the course office. Some courses require you to pass to CA, some courses make the repeat worth 100% There are different policies in different schools/courses

Advertisement