Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your first time to get drunk

• 11-08-2012 3:25am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,677 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

Drank a half bottle of wine when I was 10 and couldn't understand how I was falling around the place.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,346 ✭✭✭✭jimmycrackcorm

Right now. I'm assuming you mean since yesterday.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,364 ✭✭✭✭Kylo Ren

My mom was a raging alcoholic so I was probably drunk in the womb.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

Got drunk, had to pull a friend off the road to avoid a car hitting him. Then had to help a second friend not pick a fight.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,572 ✭✭✭✭brummytom

Probably 15-ish. Drinking cans of cider (ugh) on my mate's roof. Good times...

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,184 ✭✭✭✭Lapin

Drank a half bottle of wine when I was 10 and couldn't understand how I was falling around the place.

Wuss.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,825 ✭✭✭Mikeyt086

Junior Cert results night.

2 bottles of Smirnoff Ice and 2 cans of Heineken.

****ed.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Covered my trousers, shoes and anything else that was within a five foot radius with guinness and diced carrots :( I've learned not to eat diced carrots since lol

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

Not sure exactly. I remember my first time getting caught. Finished work at 10:30, showered and changed and in the pub by 11:15. Totally hammered by 12 and got myself a taxi home. My mum was still up and I couldn't stand. Had to get her to book me a taxi for work at 5am because I wasn't going to be driving.

2nd time was xmas eve. Again my downfall was coming home early (pubs closed at midnight). 2 of us downed all drinks that were left and headed home. Arrived into the house with the room spinning and wanting to get into bed. Kicked my sister out of my room as she was watching a DVD. In bed 2 mins when I'm asked to go to cousins house to set up a Wii.
    Agreed to avoid talking and giving away my drunkeness... got there and didn't have a clue what I was at. Looked at the instruction book and couldn't read the small letters!
    Then I felt sick and made a run for the door, all I remember was making an excuse and dashing off and being sick on the way home.
    What actually happened was I let out a belch, my face went red and I ran out the back, threw up in the kitchen, left the back door open and arrived home 20 mins later (5 minute walk).
    That made for an awkward xmas dinner.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,652 ✭✭✭fasttalkerchat

FanadMan wrote: »
    Covered my trousers, shoes and anything else that was within a five foot radius with guinness and diced carrots :( I've learned not to eat diced carrots since lol

Still needing to learn a lesson about the Guinness then?

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,916 Mod ✭✭✭✭Insect Overlord

Shortly before I turned 20. On a beach in Kerry. Spent 2 hours crawling home. It should have been a 30 minute walk. Fuck yeah. :cool:

Warm cans of cider don't mix well with Southern Comfort and red lemonade, kids.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 7,941 Mod ✭✭✭✭Yakult

12. Week before the confirmation at a friends house. Got 6 cans of some ****e beer I cant even remember the name of and only remember throwing up on a new t-shirt. The rest is blank.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

Still needing to learn a lesson about the Guinness then?

Oh god no - learned to drink it in in a pub that serves good stuff. And that it's not a good idea to drink it on an empty stomach (there would still be diced carrots there). But most importantly I just learned how to drink properly :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I drank half a litre of vodka, the girls told me that if I ate dry leaves I'd sober up before we went home and my mam wouldn't notice.

About 15 leaves later I started getting sick and collapsed, the lads stopped a passing garda car cause they thought I was dead, had to get my stomach pumped and my mam found out.

Great night :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,293 ✭✭✭✭Mint Sauce

Cant remember. I was drunk.

Although I do remember getting slightly giddy after eating a load of Jamican rum cake as a young-un, made with a load of rum by some crazy jamican woman.

:D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 586 ✭✭✭Mickey Dazzler

Drank six cans of Ritz and woke up in a puddle of my own piss, **** and vomit.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 29,089 ✭✭✭✭LizT

Was 17, did a crouching tiger, hidden naggin with a friend in the toilets of the local nightclub (class personified). Got very drunk and said some very embarrassing things to a friend :o

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

I remember I was playing an under sixteens hurling match then went to the local and had 5 or six pints. Wasn't too bad but nonetheless the folks copped it as soon as I walked in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,533 ✭✭✭Jester252

Got pissed and decided to repeat the jack rabbit slim dance scene and sing 99 problem perfectly

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,944 ✭✭✭✭4zn76tysfajdxp

Few cans of Bulmers on the beach when I was seventeen. Classy.

• Registered Users Posts: 825 ✭✭✭Kev.OC

4 cans of Bulmers *shudder* about 6 months before my 18th at a house party. Was nicely. Myself and a friend serenaded a young couple with 5+ minutes of Hotel California, if I recall correctly.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I dont know which came first, but I was around 14 and I drank 2 naggins straight. Ended up peeing my pants 7 times (which I found hilarious), going back to my house, changing my trousers and leaving again :) Didnt get caught

Again, around 14, drank a bottle of gallo on an empty stomach. Spent the night on my bathroom floor puking my ring up. With my mum shouting at me the whole time, and me saying 'ill never drink again, i promise, but I honestly think Im about to die'

I think I was maybe 11/12 or so and had some vodka and a can of Budweiser. Hardcore, I was.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 843 ✭✭✭Whatsernamex33

Besides being tipsy after a few cans, my first time was my 18th. :)
    6 cans of Heineken and a naggin of vodka... Haha I was madtt. :L

• Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭omgitsthelazor

I was a good girl and didn't get drunk underage, by the time I was an adult and growing up hearing all the "jayz lads I was on a mad lash der" kind of stories of drunken stupidity that are throughout this thread I was too old to find them impressive or interesting.

I drank for the first time with friends at 17 but didn't get drunk, got drunk a few times in the coming years but always had my limits so never badly. Most interesting drunk story is probably that I fell asleep in a bar once. Sorry for being boring. :)

• Registered Users Posts: 337 ✭✭CavanCrew

15 in france, trying to be cool in front of my new found friends, vodka and white as well, classy bitch I was.

• Registered Users Posts: 41 MerryLegs

I was about 15, my friends 16 bday we all decided to share the vodka in her press in her parents house so we stole it and went hiding to drink it, i didnt really feel any effect at first but eventually i dont remember anything. Unfortunatley I had my dog with me and I kept standing on him and fell into a ditch LOL, accused my friend of robbing my fags and they were in my pocket :/ ..then walked the whole way up to my mam perfectly straight and just wobbled when I got up to her, she killed me LOL grounded for months and woke up the next moning to the horrible hangover, and had to clean my carpet...Need i say more :O

• Registered Users Posts: 41 MerryLegs

Not actually my story, but I remember my aunt comin in from a teen disco in my nans house before and she was trying to act sober and ended up picking up and reading the newspaper upside down, I remember her sayin, 'oh look the pope died today' hahaha

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

New Years Eve 1999. All that Milennium crap was about. I was 16 and spent the night in a friend's house. Drank 4-5 bottles of Smirnoff Ice and 4-5 bottles of Bacardi Breezer along with vodka.

I was very drunk but thankfully didn't do anything stupid - was just silly. I felt so sick the next day and had to be in work at 8am. :mad:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 36 Fr Jessup

17, school graduation night. Blacked out after 3 pints.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,938 ✭✭✭mackg

Naggin of Nostrova and one or two dutch in a soccer pitch near my friends house. I still remember thinking "this is weird" as the drink began to take hold. Still really good friends with everyone that was there that night, good times.

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭littlelulu

I had my first drink the night i got my pioneer badge :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,259 ✭✭✭downwithpeace

When I was about 7 my cousin gave me a bottle of Heineken, I ate almost everything in the fridge afterwards leading to a very bad confrontation between my mum and aunt.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,009 ✭✭✭✭Run_to_da_hills

First time I got drunk was the weekend Red Rum won the Grand national. Bottle of red wine, nasty hangover, kept away from drink for several years after.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,563 ✭✭✭dd972

shame you have to spend so much time and money to get drunk the older you get, I remember feeling drunk at 15 on two cans of Guinness

• Registered Users Posts: 49 FreeasmyHair

Drank some crappy wine when I was 12. We were walking down by this road and I fell 3 times.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

15, on a karate club trip to Jersey. Started drinking at around 3am once I realised that the bar was going to keep serving as long as people kept going up, drank enough Smirnoff Ice (*blush*) in the 2 hours before we headed to the airport, and was still drunk enough by the time we got to our stopover at Heathrow that I came close to picking a fight with someone in a shop for not taking Jersey pounds.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,761 ✭✭✭pappyodaniel

The first time I got drunk was when I drank a mixture from my parents drink cabinet. Got an empty 500ml coke bottle and poured in some Vodka, Whiskey, Brandy, Gin and the piéce de resistance, Baileys.

The Baileys seemed to curdle the rest of my cocktail and it looked like a cup of tea with sour milk added. Anyway myself and a friend cycled out to the back of the airport where there were no houses or people, just cows and proceeded to down the contents. To this day I don't know how I didn't puke my guts up but I kept it down. In fairness though, the drink was so bad I was only taking small sips, my friend John probably drank a third more than I did when we finished.

Cue loads of shouting at flying overhead planes and other types of messing. At one stage my friend John hilariously slipped and fell on some cowshit. He chased after me and managed to rugby tackle me covering me in cowshit. The worst part of the experience was the cycle home, John was swerving in and out of traffic and cars were whizzing by beeping.

I'm only a slightly classier drinker nowadays :o

• Registered Users Posts: 267 ✭✭littlelulu

The first time I got drunk was when I drank a mixture from my parents drink cabinet. Got an empty 500ml coke bottle and poured in some Vodka, Whiskey, Brandy, Gin and the piéce de resistance, Baileys.

The Baileys seemed to curdle the rest of my cocktail and it looked like a cup of tea with sour milk added. Anyway myself and a friend cycled out to the back of the airport where there were no houses or people, just cows and proceeded to down the contents. To this day I don't know how I didn't puke my guts up but I kept it down. In fairness though, the drink was so bad I was only taking small sips, my friend John probably drank a third more than I did when we finished.

Cue loads of shouting at flying overhead planes and other types of messing. At one stage my friend John hilariously slipped and fell on some cowshit. He chased after me and managed to rugby tackle me covering me in cowshit. The worst part of the experience was the cycle home, John was swerving in and out of traffic and cars were whizzing by beeping.

I'm only a slightly classier drinker nowadays :o

ahhhh raiding the drinks cabinet..... fond memories! :D

If i drank it now I would be in bits! :(

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,985 ✭✭✭✭dgt

14. As a young and stupid chap in the Jackass era, during lunch I sneaked off school and went to a friends house, where we thought of a great idea: I mixed a king pot noodle and vodka to make a real stomach turning mess. It was rancid... Went into double latin, told I was laughing my tits off and making all sorts of sexual remarks/innuendos towards the teacher.

Lovely!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,477 ✭✭✭✭Knex*

17 at the afters of a work colleague's wedding. Drank 10 pints and got sick on myself during the bus journey home, all while making a tit of myself in front of a girl I was meant to be getting with.

:o

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,435 ✭✭✭wandatowell

16 years old, I went to my sisters house party. Mother of god the shame

• Closed Accounts Posts: 689 ✭✭✭Mr Whirly

I was about 10 at my primary school fair. They had a spin the wheel thing. I won 4 bottles of some alcopop. My mam didn't realise there was alcohol in it. I had downed two before it became obvious. I still remind them of it on a regular basis.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭montyrebel

working in a wee spar shop from before i left school, was near 17 and had a works do in a pub :D had a few orange/iron brew flavoured WKD's. then someone says do you want a doubleshock (the red and blue aftershock mixed), I says me not knowing what it was.

Had that and all was grand, went up to the bar again afterwards for another WKD with an older female workmate, no idea how but we got talking about how she had pierced nipples :D, asked her to show me and she did, right at the bar :D;)

went and being the big lad asked the barman for another doubleshock, took all the drinks back to the table, had this workmate sitting on my knee now :cool:
    Downed my doubleshock in one (trying to impress her obviously) and it promptly came back up around me and all down the back of her :eek::(:o

Was not a happy bunny the next shift we worked together and i never got the ride either :mad:

LC results night
    myself and two friends and a bottle of vodka in one of their houses
    fun times

• Registered Users Posts: 329 ✭✭Smeggy

Drank about 6 pints of Bulmers when I was 16 at a 21st, vomited for about an hour... havent touched Bulmers since and never will! :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,568 ✭✭✭candy-gal1

my 18th, 6 cans of budweiser (yeah classy i know) :o:pac: and I was practically on the floor! I remember thinking first "hehe being drunk feels great, i can handle beer" then about an hour later or less thinking " oh crap, need bathroom now!"
    Then walking to the bathroom, trying to hold my self upright as in my head the floor and ceiling were becoming one before my eyes and i was VERY DIIIZZZYYY!
    Wasnt much fun after that :pac:

Wierd thing was, saw my mate who was there with me that night, the next day and i remember her commenting saying "your fresh as a daisy today, was that really your first time drinking?" looking bewildered

• Registered Users Posts: 20 Voice of the Ages

I felt a very numb feeling. That's all really.

• Registered Users Posts: 31 Jennifer Parker

Probably was my confirmation...
    had a three glasses of sparkling wine and being as tiny as I was back then, I got dizzy quite fast....

the first time I was loaded, was in the november of 6th year...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,123 ✭✭✭stepbar

16... drank a half a bottle of whiskey (straight)... thought it was a great idea to cook myself up some rashers and sausages afterwards.... At some stage during the night it all ended up on the walls, the floor, the bed.....

That was 14 years ago and I havent drank straight whiskey since.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,836 ✭✭✭Colmustard

I am more concerned with the last time I got drunk, a week ago, to long a space in between.

• Advertisement
Advertisement