Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Your first time to get drunk

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 274 ✭✭Wolfruin

was 17 years old being a hairy fella i looked older got sea dog to impress my mates they all took a swig thought it was foul so i was left with a bottle with no mixers so i drank it woke up two days later feeling like i was beaten by hammers to this day i love sea dog its the only drink that gets me truly legless

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,033 ✭✭✭✭Richard Hillman

Bought 8 cans of Bulmers. Flashed some girls after 4 cans, vomited and trundled off home :cool:

13 years later i still wouldnt get near drinking 8 cans of Bulmers :pac:

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 573 ✭✭✭Syllabus

13 - on a 2 litre bottle of cider

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,835 ✭✭✭✭cloud493

Never :cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭Keano!

I've been told of it a fair few times... 2nd year... me and about 5 or 6 mates decided we'd be 'cool' and start drinking. I'd say I stomached 3 cans of Heineken and was bladdered.

Couldn't go home so my mate took me back to his and his mum rang mine and gave me the perfect allibi saying that I'm going to stay the night and alls fine. To this day I'm not aware of her telling my parents the real story in the end, and she's made off the cuff digs at me for it ever since :p

First time ever sick drinking though was when I learned that Vodka existed! :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,745 ✭✭✭eyeball kid

Think I was about 14/15 and went night fishing with my brother and his friend. Had 2L of some cheap rotten cider. Duly puked my guts up. Took me nearly 17 years to ever touch a cider after that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,102 ✭✭✭DylanII

New Years Eve when I was about 15 I think.

I had about 4 cans of some cheap **** that my cousin had. (It was manky)
    They had just moved into a house and there was a dead animal out their back garden. I opened their back door to look light a Chinese lantern. And I fell into the animal, I jumped up and screamed for about an hour as I was covered in maggots and tiny red worm like things.

I didnt drink after that until I was 17. Not really big into drinking.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

DylanII wrote: »
    New Years Eve when I was about 15 I think.

I had about 4 cans of some cheap **** that my cousin had. (It was manky)
    They had just moved into a house and there was a dead animal out their back garden. I opened their back door to look light a Chinese lantern. And I fell into the animal, I jumped up and screamed for about an hour as I was covered in maggots and tiny red worm like things.

I didnt drink after that until I was 17. Not really big into drinking.

WTF , you sound like you should be in that film Deliverance

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wcZlxCNzQqw

• Registered Users Posts: 16,500 ✭✭✭✭DEFTLEFTHAND

I remember it well. It was in 2004 and I was 15. I was babysitting for my aunt. When she and her husband came home by taxi, he was too drunk to drive me home. She then suggested that I stay and drink with them. Bottles of Miller was what I was given followed by wine as the night wore on, we stayed boozing until daybreak, I remember thinking it was so funny because she started bad mouthing my mother as she got drunker. They never liked each other. :pac:

I loved the feeling though instantly, I dabbled in alcohol previously but had never truly gotten drunk before.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 164 ✭✭EdanHewittt

contrived thread is contrived

My first time getting drunk was mystical. Not in a watered-down Harry Potter type mysticism.

Proper Alan Watts style mystic journeys into the purpose of life type deal. Wonderful. Like an elixir had been granted upon my soul. Liberating.

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭Fight_Night

Stupid story really. I was probably older than most, 16 I think. I stupidly went drinking in Ballymun with a few friends and after three cans I was gone, got chased by a bunch of scumbags for 20 minutes, threw up and went home.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,432 ✭✭✭df1985

at a mates sisters 21st when I was 13, had 3 pints snuck down to me in the corner....i left with the balloons of the table tied to me.

Was 14, Christmas Eve. My brother, then 17, came home from his friends place with a six pack of Fosters, obviously drunk, and started handing them out as Christmas presents. My parents were very liberal about this sort of thing and allowed me to drink the two he gave me, I'd often drank beers with them before, they let us start drinking around 12 or 13 but monitored us pretty closely. Then unbeknownst to them I started mixing Hennesseys and Coke, my two brothers were freaking out cause I was obviously pissed drunk, but my parents didn't even notice. Vomited on the kitchen floor, went out to the washing machine and took a dishcloth that was in the wash basket and cleaned it up, then chucked it back in the wash. My mother told me afterwards the stuff in the basket had been clean stuff. My da couldn't stop laughing saying "Knocked sideways by two cans of Fosters!" and my mother was saying "It's ok, we all did it when we were young"... they never found out about the Hennesseys!

My little brother, first time he got drunk, was classic. It was New Years Eve and he was 12, I was 15. We were having glasses of champagne, I hated the stuff so gave my glasses to him when no one was looking. My uncle and parents were well oiled and didn't notice. If anyone remembers it snowed heavily NYE 1996, I was downing cans of lager and he was on the champagne, we went out around 1am and started sliding down the driveway on coal sacks, my da came out and joined in (singing Wannabe by the Spice Girls the entire time), then my brother went inside, fell over, and sat in the hallway crying his eyes out shouting "I'll never walk again!! I've messed myself up!" My parents and uncle just pissed themselves laughing, I had to explain to him that he was drunk, plain and simple, and if he just crawled into bed he'd wake up in the morning with the full use of his legs. Poor guy, doesn't remember any of it and doubts the veracity of the story.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 579 ✭✭✭cartell_best

Kept my pledge until I was 18, I didn't get completely and "nutterly" locked till I was 21. Then for some reason, after my 21st...I made up for it all!....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

I was drinking sherry glasses of Budweizer at the age of seven.

• Advertisement

First time drinking? 1999, new years eve, 6 dutch gold. Only drank two or three of them. Was 14 at the time. But first time drunk was about two months later, I was drinking schnapps and probably something else. Had a great night that night! Was quite locked.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,080 ✭✭✭McChubbin

First time I was so hammered I barfed? Two years ago, Halloween party in Fibbers Magee. Drank about 15 Jagiermeisters and blue WKD cocktails and ended up puking my guts up the following morning after a hasty decision to eat pineapple for brekfast. I prayed to a deity I don't believe in to end my life quickly.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,071 ✭✭✭TheStook

Paddys day when I was 15 a few years ago. Drank vodka in a field at 10am before the train to Dublin, My last memory was getting on the train.

I passed out in amongst weird fits so the story goes, was left with the security at Heuston and brought to the hospital. My stomach was sound though and puked it all out so I didnt need a Stomach Pumping thank Christ.

Couldnt even use the hand sanitizers for Swine Flu after it cause they smelt like Vodka, still cant touch it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,798 ✭✭✭Local-womanizer

Think I was 14-15, at some function full of extremely boring people. They had free wine, so me and my mate had a glass or 2 then decided to hit the offy, got someone to buy tins of heinken and a litre bottle of bulmers for us.

Back to the function and drank the stuff outside, and I shifted a girl I liked in a bush.

I thought drink was class, then we got caught by some parents who ratted us out to my parents.

A learning experience no school will ever provide, that's for sure.

First time I got drunk I drank pernod and dry cider, smashed a window in as the police came round the corner, didn't have no time to run.... but my dad stood up for me as the judge said "you're a fool".

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

Around 14 on the way to Wesley.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,456 ✭✭✭astonaidan

6th of march, 26th birthday, ah girl in my bed who were you? how did we get past security, if only i had got your number, looking back its best i didn't those pack of condoms wasnt opened :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Smidge

About 7 years old.

But before you judge......:D

It was xmas and there was a bit of a hooley in the house.
    It was a small glass on the mantlepiece and I thought it was red lemonade.

Nope

Whiskey.

In fairness it was only a measure but still fair too much for a kid to drink:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,497 ✭✭✭ArnoldJRimmer

I'd drank many times before this, but first time I got really trashed, I was trying to play the big man by downing a nagin of whiskey in the car park of a nightclub before we went in. Then proceeded to drink a few manky pints of Guinness.

Next thing I remember is two strangers seeing if I was okay as I was crouched over a table. I then stood up and launched a nice black projectile vomit across the floor of the nightclub. To this day, I'm convinced that I defied the laws of physics that night. People gave me a round of applause for it. Actually felt ok for the rest of the night, but the hangover the next day was horrendous

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,787 ✭✭✭✭Charlie19

12 or 13 After a school raffle, I won 6 cans of Bass that some woman claimed for me after a small bit of persuasion. Think I drank four of them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,190 ✭✭✭✭IvySlayer

smash wrote: »

Awwww

Did you sleep with him? :pac:

• Site Banned Posts: 563 ✭✭✭Wee Willy Harris

No...

can remember my first drink tho I had this one can, of bulmers n I remember sitting on the bed running my finger around the ring pull, contemplating for hours like I was about to lose my virginity!

and *kssk* it was.. still intact, actually.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 132 ✭✭SunDog

One of the first, was dared to drink a glass of "milk" off the table when I was 3 or 4. Took the challenge, half an hour later I was somewhat "happy". Ended up being a big glass of eggnog.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 13,080 ✭✭✭✭Maximus Alexander

I remember when I went on my first family holiday to Portugal, at the age of 5 or 6. My older sister won a bottle of champagne somewhere for telling a joke (I don't remember the details).

Anyway, we were on the balcony one evening getting ready to head out for dinner, when my parents decided to open the bottle. They gave my sister a small glass, and I got literally a mouthful in a class to keep me from feeling left out.

I liked it so much (and I was a little brat!) that when everyone went off to doll themselves up for dinner, I went around and finished the left-overs in their glasses before downing a bit more from the bottle.

I don't remember much after that, but apparently I was dancing down the street singing the "50-50 cash back" song from the Bord Gais ads that were on at the time, and there are photos of me passed out at the dinner table later that night.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 34,809 ✭✭✭✭smash

IvySlayer wrote: »
    smash wrote: »

Awwww

Did you sleep with him? :pac:
    I don't like to talk about it

• Advertisement
Advertisement