Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Renting in Portlaoise

Options
  • 11-08-2012 7:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭

I'm probably moving to Portlaoise at the end of September and I'm searching for a 1-2 bed apartment/house.

Do you know what the expected cost for the above would be? I mean the "real" cost, not what's advertised on daft ;)

Or is there anyone here even, who's renting property in Portlaoise?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭tokenv

So nobody is renting in Portlaoise that could give some guide price? ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭the_barfly1

Hey mate. Expect to be able to get somewhere for anywhere between €400-€500 per month. Thats about the norm here for apartments at the moment. Sadly the rents haven't really dropped all that much from the Celtic Tiger years

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭tokenv

Thanks for the info. 400 doesn't sound too bad, I'll see if I find anything I like. My major concern at this point is doing the viewings, it boggles my mind why they don't put all necessary details and photos on daft. I also already know I'll get lost :P

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭Storming

I've heard the apartments at Rinnucinni on Dublin Road are being well managed and are about 550 per month. They are new and first lettings which might be attractive. If you're in Portlaoise there's a contact mobile number outside the estate which might get you to the owner to negotiate a cheaper rent?? Might be worth a look.

Advertisement