Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Jeffery Power memorial 2012

• 11-08-2012 10:03am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭

Mentioned this on here last year, and totally forgot to mention it for this year.

Basically it is a memorial for Jeffery Power who died, along with his friend, whilst driving to work a few years back.

Each year there is a memorial held at Summerville Rovers ground at Portland Park in Ballinacurra Gardens. It is a 7 a side tournament and the proceeds raised go to the Share A Dream foundation.

Hundred and hundreds of people attending last year with Ray Houghton also giving his time to get involved, so if anyone is out and about and wants to watch a few games and maybe give a few euro to the charity, then please drop down to Portland Park at some stage today. It will be running for most of the day, and there will be the added attraction of the mighty Kess tearing up the pitch during one of the 7 a side games. :pac:

Comments

3rd tournament already. Fair play to mark and jeffs family and everyone else involved in this. May the best team win. Have a great day lads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,560 ✭✭✭✭Kess73

Great turnout again this year, and massive kudos to Jeff's family and friends who had to have put huge amounts of work in again. Fantastic tribute to their lost family member/friend, and the funds raised go to a great cause.

Glad to hear it kess. I'm sure the session will go on til all hours. Will be in BCG myself later so I'll see how the lads I know got on. Im sure my cousins played too. Any famous faces this year?

shaaane wrote: »
    Glad to hear it kess. I'm sure the session will go on til all hours. Will be in BCG myself later so I'll see how the lads I know got on. Im sure my cousins played too. Any famous faces this year?

Keith Andrews was meant to be there, but afaik he cancelled or did not show.

I was there if by famous you mean not famous at all :D

Loads of familiar local and not so local faces of all ages there that I knew from years gone by so it was fun to catch up with a few of them.

Kess73 wrote: »
    shaaane wrote: »

Keith Andrews was meant to be there, but afaik he cancelled or did not show.

I was there if by famous you mean not famous at all :D

Loads of familiar local and not so local faces of all ages there that I knew from years gone by so it was fun to catch up with a few of them.
    I'm sure you're famous in your own way around those parts kess! Haha! We may even know each other! Was at it the last 2 years but couldn't make it in today. Won't be long til mark starts planning next years tournament.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭The Snipe

Well done to the Moyross team that won!

The Snipe wrote: »
    Well done to the Moyross team that won!

Pity there was not a Team Snipe. :pac:

We could have had a friendly* midfield battle

*Aftermath may involve legs and arms being put in casts

Haha, True, but they would be yours ;)

I would have went down, and even shot it - but I've been busy all day so I couldn't!

Haha, True, but they would be yours ;)

I would have went down, and even shot it - but I've been busy all day so I couldn't!

So you missed out on the chance to capture me on film :D

A photo of the Kessious Kesstrosaur in full flight is a shot that would have made your shutterbug career. :p

Kess73 wrote: »
    So you missed out on the chance to capture me on film :D

A photo of the Kessious Kesstrosaur in full flight is a shot that would have made your shutterbug career. :p

I'm fancy... I use Digital.. ;)

• Advertisement

I'm fancy... I use Digital.. ;)

I'm too fast for digital :D

This is the best shot that modern technology could get of me running :pac:

RawWhoosh.jpg

I shoot using a 1D; 1/8000 of a second... You wish ;)

Edit, and the speeds that digital shutters can reach are faster then film! :P

I shoot using a 1D; 1/8000 of a second... You wish ;)

Edit, and the speeds that digital shutters can reach are faster then film! :P

1/8000 of a second? Damn you won't even be able to pick up a blur with that Canon if I am going flat out.

Advertisement