Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I got a huge lump of corned beef... what to do with it?

Options
  • 11-08-2012 10:59am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 169 ✭✭

I bought a massive lump of corned beef for very cheap in the Tesco gone-off fridge. It was a pure opportunist purchase and I don't have a clue what to do with it. Any ideas? (I'm not talking about the crappy sanguidge stuff!).

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,044 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Corned beef, spuds, cabbage, parsley sauce.
    Traditional but very nice.
    You could put a bit of horseradish in the sauce too.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

Corned beef, spuds, cabbage, parsley sauce.
    Traditional but very nice.
    You could put a bit of horseradish in the sauce too.

Mmmmmmm, nom, nom, nom

• Registered Users Posts: 3,953 ✭✭✭aujopimur

skoomi wrote: »
    I bought a massive lump of corned beef for very cheap in the Tesco gone-off fridge. It was a pure opportunist purchase and I don't have a clue what to do with it. Any ideas? (I'm not talking about the crappy sanguidge stuff!).

Tell me where you live, I'll call and show you how to cook and eat it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭livinsane

Weird, I have the exact same predicament (although my piece was won in a game of cards). I don't want to boil it.

After looking around online, I have decided to cook mine in the oven. I plan on putting water in the base of the dish, covering with tin foil and cooking low and slow for three hours. I suppose the water will create a steaming effect. I cooked pork belly like this recently and it was to die for.

• Registered Users Posts: 144 ✭✭Chris.Buckley

livinsane wrote: »
    Weird, I have the exact same predicament (although my piece was won in a game of cards)

You won a lump of corned beef in a game of cards?

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 18,300 ✭✭✭✭Seaneh

Boil it low and slow and then slice super thin and make these.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Reuben_sandwich

Advertisement