Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

selling house, purchaser wont sign!!!

Options
  • 11-08-2012 11:18am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi, Just looking for some advise please. we are in the process of selling our house and buying another, the purchaser went in to sign contracts for our house last week, after a long period !! so we were delighted when she went in, we then get a phone call from our solicitor saying that her solicitor is looking for planning permission forms , and cert. of compliance( we have built side ext. and porch)luckly we have everything we sent everything over to our sol. straight away, but the next day we get phone call her sol. is looking for more information, we have a build shed in our back garden, he wants some cert for that, when we bought the house about 8 years ago there was a bedroom down stairs but we put it back to the original sitting room but he is looking for the original surveyor who we dont even know as it was before we bought the house, to come back up and give his opionion on the room now. the purcharser can see there is no bedroom she can see its a sitting room, she had her own surveyor up and the banks surveryor, so surely to god that should be enough. i under stand about the planning permission, of course she wants to make sure all is in order. the solicitors should have had all this sorted ages ago, i think its disgraceful. anyway it now turns out the porch is 12 inches out so it now looks like we will have to go for retention, we are in such a panic as we dont want the vendors of the house we are buying to pull out or the purchaser of our house i feel sick with worry! our architect was saying that when this happenns what normally happens is that we can still go ahead with sale, purchaser can still sign but her sol. will hold a bond untill the planning goes through, is this correct. im so afraid that they will not go with this as it appears to me they are a little bit over the top. is there anyway we can let the vendors of the house we are buying be assured that we are still good to go but there is just a slight delay, we cant sign untill our contracts are signed, the house we are buying is an executors sale so nobody in the house, should we offer more deposit?. sorry if i dont make any sense but any advise would be so much appreciated, i am in such a state of panic now! please say this is all normal and just a learing curve and it will all work in the end!

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Talk to your solicitor, legal advice isn't allowed.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Belemchar3

not looking for legal advise, just wondering has anyone else gone through the same thing or something similiar. dont need any legal advise !!

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,309 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 4,991 ✭✭✭mathepac

If you took time to break the post into readable paragraphs someone might respond with non-legal input.

All I can see is this daunting 'splodge' of text that seems just too daunting to tackle.

I'm sorry if you're having problems but trying to read your post would need too much effort by me to find out.

no need to im be so rude, im new to this site ! didn't join to be insulted, all i was looking for was some piece of mind and maybe some reassurance from anyone else who just might know a little bit about my issue:(

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

Belemchar3 wrote: »
    no need to im be so rude, im new to this site ! didn't join to be insulted, all i was looking for was some piece of mind and maybe some reassurance from anyone else who just might know a little bit about my issue:(

Welcome to the site. :D

As you can see, we have a certain etiquette when posting. We tend to be quite strict on text speak, punctuation and general readability, so if you would like to discuss a topic, please bear this in mind.

Also, as Spear has pointed out above, each topic typically has a suitable forum. This is the Newbies forum, so a topic on houses is not considered appropriate.

So, start a thread in the Property forum and see how you get on.

Thanks ! i'll get the hang of it soon ;)

Advertisement