Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Calling all the heroes.

• 11-08-2012 11:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭

Well what is the most heroic thing you have done in your life? For me it was threatening to kill three slappers who were bullying my twin sister in college.

Number one slapper I had gone to school with and bumped into her in the toilet of the local disco. I let on I was off my head on yokes and put my arm around her, the stupid cow didnt have a clue I knew what was going on and was all smiles until I told her I would rip seven shades of ****e out of her if she ever went near my sis again. Oh the pleasure of watching her that s**thead squirm.

Number two bully was about ten years older than me and the ringleader but when I met her and told her my plans for her face she got real thick and threatened to go to the gardai. I called her bluff and offered to accompany her to the station. The silly cow ran away and tried to get her loser of a brother to threaten me. Big mistake bitch, my boyfriend now hubby stepped in and told the knobhead what he would do to him. Turns out her brother was as much of a coward as she was.

Well number three didnt even need a threatening, she just turned on her heels everytime she saw me after that.

My twin sis never got hassle again off the slags, but did I even get a thanks, did I f**k.:( So do share your hero moments folks, I am sure they are much more heroic than mine.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Well what is the most heroic thing you have done in your life? For me it was threatening to kill three slappers who were bullying my twin sister in college.

Number one slapper I had gone to school with and bumped into her in the toilet of the local disco. I let on I was off my head on yokes and put my arm around her, the stupid cow didnt have a clue I knew what was going on and was all smiles until I told her I would rip seven shades of ****e out of her if she ever went near my sis again. Oh the pleasure of watching her that s**thead squirm.

Number two bully was about ten years older than me and the ringleader but when I met her and told her my plans for her face she got real thick and threatened to go to the gardai. I called her bluff and offered to accompany her to the station. The silly cow ran away and tried to get her loser of a brother to threaten me. Big mistake bitch, my boyfriend now hubby stepped in and told the knobhead what he would do to him. Turns out her brother was as much of a coward as she was.

Well number three didnt even need a threatening, she just turned on her heels everytime she saw me after that.

My twin sis never got hassle again off the slags, but did I even get a thanks, did I f**k.:( So do share your hero moments folks, I am sure they are much more heroic than mine.

Slags & slappers... fights in toilets... taking yokes... "big mistake, bitch"

Did this all happen in prison?

You're one of them scissor sisters aren't you.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,145 ✭✭✭LETHAL LADY

later12 wrote: »
    Slags & slappers... fights in toilets... taking yokes... "big mistake, bitch"

Did this all happen in prison?

You're one of them scissor sisters aren't you.

happy days.png close but no cigar.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 2,952 ✭✭✭Lando Griffin

with me being the captain of the local and schools teams and while doing engineering in college led that team also I suppose my most heroic moment came shortly after the village festival beauty patent. I was in the pub and in walked the most fantastic looking woman with one of the local ruffians who never played football and was a bully in the school. After the while I spotted him pushing her out the back in the sheds and I went out and gave him a stern talking to before I gr abbed the girl and dragged her away to the cinema I think Men in Black was on. It turned out she had won the beauty contest so within weeks we were engaged and a few months later we had the biggest wedding in the village ever. To this day she thanks me for dragging her away and every time we see that scumbag falling round the place drunk we jeering at him. Anyway we are very happy now and have a lovely house and two wonderful talented children both sport wise and intellect; a bit like their father.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 annoyed_grunt

I once reunited a kitten with its mother...does that count? :confused:

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I saved an old dears life before, think thats one of my proudest moments!!!!!

I flew to Florida last year with aer Lingus.
    In dublin airport, walking down from a coffee shop, down a long corridor. There was 4 of us and a family behind us.
    I noticed an old man standing up crying, down the end of the corridor. I thought he had bags on the ground beside him but as I got closer I realised it was his wife. I ran over. He said she just collapsed and she's dead.
    SHe was sitting on the floor slumped over, chin on her chest, not breathing.
    I lay her down, check if she's breathing and perform cpr.
    Next of all I hear this noise, and I realise she's after letting her bowels go. I remember someone told me years ago you do that after you die. My heart sank.
    The smell was unreal, the noise was worse, and there were loads of people around crying and shouting for someone to get help etc.
    I must have been going for at least 5 minutes, when she starts coughing.
    I asked her if she knew what had happened? She said she must have fainted because of the smell. Wasn't at all funny at the time, but makes me smile now to think about it.
    When she realised what she had done She was mortified. BRought her in to the bathroom, got her cleaned up as best I could. I left and later found out she had been checked over by medical staff, allowed have her case back so she could change clothes and let on the flight.
    Would have ruined my holiday if she had died. Lovely lady she was and her husband cried happy tears then.
    Aer Lingus, great bunch of lads.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

I rescued a poor defensless hat from a tree once.

Made the local papers and everything!:cool:

syndeyfife wrote: »
    I saved an old dears life before, think thats one of my proudest moments!!!!!

I flew to Florida last year with aer Lingus.
    In dublin airport, walking down from a coffee shop, down a long corridor. There was 4 of us and a family behind us.
    I noticed an old man standing up crying, down the end of the corridor. I thought he had bags on the ground beside him but as I got closer I realised it was his wife. I ran over. He said she just collapsed and she's dead.
    SHe was sitting on the floor slumped over, chin on her chest, not breathing.
    I lay her down, check if she's breathing and perform cpr.
    Next of all I hear this noise, and I realise she's after letting her bowels go. I remember someone told me years ago you do that after you die. My heart sank.
    The smell was unreal, the noise was worse, and there were loads of people around crying and shouting for someone to get help etc.
    I must have been going for at least 5 minutes, when she starts coughing.
    I asked her if she knew what had happened? She said she must have fainted because of the smell. Wasn't at all funny at the time, but makes me smile now to think about it.
    When she realised what she had done She was mortified. BRought her in to the bathroom, got her cleaned up as best I could. I left and later found out she had been checked over by medical staff, allowed have her case back so she could change clothes and let on the flight.
    Would have ruined my holiday if she had died. Lovely lady she was and her husband cried happy tears then.
    Aer Lingus, great bunch of lads.

Bet she had a real crap time on her hols though.

(sorry)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,061 ✭✭✭keith16

Ghandee wrote: »
    I rescued a poor defensless hat from a tree once.

Made the local papers and everything!:cool:

You're real name is Sharon? Sharon Bromance?

keith16 wrote: »
    You're real name is Sharon? Sharon Bromance?

Or as I'm known to my Friends 'Shazza'.;)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,914 ✭✭✭✭tbh

In before the "I have many tales of heroic deeds, all of which would amaze and impress you, but I can't talk about them for security reasons" post.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 18,159 ✭✭✭✭phasers

OP sounds like something off Jeremy Kyle

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

You sound like a lovely person...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 270 ✭✭geneyuss

phasers wrote: »
    OP sounds like something off Jeremy Kyle

There are many like her sadly.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,516 ✭✭✭Outkast_IRE

Whilst walking home with a friend from school one day we came to a crossing, he was on his phone and didnt look left or right, or stop walking.

It took me a second to cop he was walking out into the middle of traffic speeding by. I quickly jumped out myself and grabbed him by his backpack and pulled him back just as a artic lorry whizzed by where he had just been standing.

Moral of the story look up from your phone when you come to road crossings.

Ideo wrote: »
    You sound like a lovely person...

I wouldnt normally stoop that low but my sister was going to quit college over them, something had to be done and this was the only language they understood. I should have mentioned that they were threatening her with violence aswell. Why what would you do?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,618 ✭✭✭Ideo

I wouldnt normally stoop that low but my sister was going to quit college over them, something had to be done and this was the only language they understood. I should have mentioned that they were threatening her with violence aswell. Why what would you do?

I wouldn't come on boards to boast about it for a start

Well thats helpful, thanks.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 235 ✭✭LoYL

Was there a song about you Lethal Lady? I don't mean a song and dance. There's a tune Isn't there? Lethal, you're a lady...did it go like that?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

True heroes don't brag.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

I do not think the OP was boasting about it, you can see from the choice of words she chose to use and the way she put her sentences together that this was no easy thing for her to do,

I felt the uneasiness with which she finished her post, while it might have been somewhat traumatic for her 3 slapper's, I got the feeling it was more traumatic for the OP,

plus their is two of her, (the main reason to be nice)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

for myself it was stopping my sister getting a bit of a kicking at a nightclub, a girl who lived in a house with wheels decided to slap her around the place (probably because she was blingier)

but she was told not to, as I was her brother,(it would not of been worth the back lash for them) she then decided to pick on the next blingier girl there who turned out to be a black belt in karate, she kicked seven types of shiet out of her, only stopping when she was sure there was not an eight,

it was more of a feeling of being heroic (my sis has died since) so when I think about it I get that good feeling.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,004 ✭✭✭jimthemental

I came along a crash in Tasmania where a car was wedged against a tree at the side of the road over a very steep drop into a valley. I got the woman out of the car and then recovered her car with a tractor using the front loader. I wasn't the hero she deserved but the one she needed right then. I was a silent guardian, a watchful protector. A backpacker with a tractor.

Advertisement