Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Irish women on the beach

• 11-08-2012 12:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 18

Has anybody noticed that most irish girls, even on the hottest day of the year dont show as much skin on the beach as girls from mainland europe ?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 777 ✭✭✭boogle

Blah blah blah Irish women are not as good as foreign women.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

Has anybody noticed that most irish girls, even on the hottest day of the year dont show as much skin on the beach as girls from mainland europe ?

Well, they show much more year-round to make up for it, I guess.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

Uh oh...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,692 ✭✭✭Jarren

This thread won't end well .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,635 ✭✭✭eth0

Yep. Beaches in europe are full of massive free to join orgies while in Ireland they are full of prudes with their jacket on.

No doubt its the church's fault. Not the fact that the hottest day here isnt that hot

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Nova forever

No i never said that, its just i have noticed on the beach the last few days that alot of irish women wore shorts and a tank top

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,674 ✭✭✭aaabbbb

....even on the hottest day of the year, it's still not as hot as Europe.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

boogle wrote: »
    Blah blah blah Irish women are not as good as foreign women.

I don't think he's saying that.

But I do agree with the OP. It's different setting. I think an irish girl in spain that might feel ok wearing a skimpy bikini would think twice about doing it in ireland. On beaches here, the dress does seem to be more conservative. Although not as bad as it was. there was a time when all you'd see was a one piece.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,299 ✭✭✭✭later12

Maybe because Irish people have a tendency for fairer skin, and burn easily.

But no, I'm sure it's because they're all fussy, man teasing bitchez.
    Not like them rides in Lidl.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,819 ✭✭✭✭peasant

two words:

wind, cold

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,464 ✭✭✭✭kneemos

The less revealed the more perceived.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,075 ✭✭✭OU812

No i never said that, its just i have noticed on the beach the last few days that alot of irish women wore shorts and a tank top

Covers more cellulite & flab

Don't look at me like that, you were all thinking it, I just *voiced* it

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

I was at the beach yesterday afternoon. The temp gauge in the car showed 26. Mist of the girls on the beach had their coats on for fear someone might see a vague outline of an aul boob or bum. Fridget Bridgets.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Its a lot to do with how Irish girls view themselves though tbh.

Head to South America, (Brazil or Colombia) for example, and the ladies dont particulary give a crap about a bit of a belly hanging, or chubby thighs, obviously they get the weather for it, but it has to be said very few people actually be staring at a woman on the beach in Rio with a booter belly and start slagging her?

Maybe its the latino look or whatever, but chubbiness on some of them girls is actually very sexy (imo)

Whereas, in Ireland I think most girls have been brought up in a society where they believe they must resemble a stick thin, Kate Moss, inspired figure before they dare to bare a glimpse of a thigh, or a flash of the mid torso.

I for one find nothing sexy in stick thin women, with no hips, no boobs, no curves, nothing womanly about them whatsoever.

Let it all hang out Irish girls, be proud of what God gave ye!

(I've said too much, perv accusations await me)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 41,104 ✭✭✭✭Annasopra

No

It was so much easier to blame it on Them. It was bleakly depressing to think that They were Us. If it was Them, then nothing was anyone's fault. If it was us, what did that make Me? After all, I'm one of Us. I must be. I've certainly never thought of myself as one of Them. No one ever thinks of themselves as one of Them. We're always one of Us. It's Them that do the bad things.

Terry Pratchet

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,304 ✭✭✭SCOOP 64

OU812 wrote: »
    Covers more cellulite & flab

Don't look at me like that, you were all thinking it, I just *voiced* it

Oh god , a mind reader on here!

Some Irish women are probably sick of these threads.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement