Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Viber

• 11-08-2012 12:29pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭

I read the year old thread regarding Viber & the proposed Android app. Obviously the app arrived as I have it on my Android phone.

So what are people's experiences with it ? Does it work well with Android ?

Sype sign in takes ages, like 5 mins on my phone, via wifi yet my computer signs in in seconds - anyone else getting this ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,019 ✭✭✭ct5amr2ig1nfhp

Pretty active large thread on viber here. It contains lots of comments from Android users.

What phone do you have?
    Skype on HTC One S, S2 and S3 only take a couple of seconds to sign in.
    5 mins doesn't sound normal.

I found Viber very good at times. It has much improved over the past year.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,922 ✭✭✭✭Discodog

I sometimes get a message that my password is incorrect even though it isn't. I also get a message to say that the service is unavailable & to check my network settings. At the same time I can log on instantly via the computer & the same wifi.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 326 ✭✭confusedquark

I find viber sometimes doesn't ring when somebody tries calling me n I later get a miss call notification - even tho I'm connected to wifi the whole time.. whatsapp messages i receive also can be delayed by a few minutes tho, so it might be more to do with my phone.. do find viber call quality very good in general, n it certainly doesn't suck the battery like skype

• Closed Accounts Posts: 513 ✭✭✭Viber

Hi,

This is a member of the Viber R&D Team!
    We are delighted to see this discussion about our app, and we are here to provide you with direct help :)

If anyone has any questions/suggestions for Viber, please feel free to let us know, and we will address them shortly.
    Thanks,
    Viber Team.

Viber wrote: »
    Hi,

This is a member of the Viber R&D Team!
    We are delighted to see this discussion about our app, and we are here to provide you with direct help :)

If anyone has any questions/suggestions for Viber, please feel free to let us know, and we will address them shortly.
    Thanks,
    Viber Team.

When is a desktop version going to be available so that one could call a mobile from one's laptop ?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

Discodog wrote: »
    When is a desktop version going to be available so that one could call a mobile from one's laptop ?

You can use buestacks for that purpose, you will need a spare phone number though

Viber for Desktop is a project we're continuously working on, but unfortunately we still don't have any official news or release dates.

We promised to keep our fans posted once we have any substantial progress :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,274 ✭✭✭_feedback_

I'm continuously getting messages saying "Viber has crashed, we will assign our best engineer to look in to it" or something along those lines.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled. It stopped for a while but is back again now.

Samsung Galaxy

I'm continuously getting messages saying "Viber has crashed, we will assign our best engineer to look in to it" or something along those lines.

I have uninstalled and reinstalled. It stopped for a while but is back again now.

Samsung Galaxy

Same here on my Huawei

@elviscostello -
    This issue should be resolved in the new 2.2.2 update. Have you tried it out? Does the problem persist?

@Discodog -
    Please note that Viber does not officially support your device yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: http://bit.ly/Hm5k9p
    We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to attend to the problems with your device soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.

• Advertisement

@elviscostello -
    This issue should be resolved in the new 2.2.2 update. Have you tried it out? Does the problem persist?

@Discodog -
    Please note that Viber does not officially support your device yet, and that may be the reason for the problems you are experiencing. Here is the full list of officially supported devices: http://bit.ly/Hm5k9p
    We are continuously working to adapt Viber to more and more devices, and we hope to attend to the problems with your device soon. We apologize for the inconvenience.

It is according to the Play store. The Huawei Ascend is very popular phone.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kristi210

How can i know if a viber contact is online?

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Kristi210

How can i know if a contact is online on viber?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,731 ✭✭✭Red Silurian

It is according to the Play store. The Huawei Ascend is very popular phone.

I downgraded to Viber 2.1.6.632 (download here) on my G300 and it stopped crashing on me...

Seems to happen when I download 2.2 and then my phone is turned off and on it kept "force closing"
    Kristi210 wrote: »

3 Ways to know this

1) If a contact calls/messages you they must be online (Most obvious one but still a way of knowing)

2)If you call a contact the display on your phone will first say "Calling" followed by "Ringing" these words speak for themselves and the word "Ringing" will not display on your device if they are not online (your contacts phone will also not ring due to them being offline but they will see a missed call notification when they get back online)

3) If you send a message to a contact your phone will display "Sending" followed by "Sent" followed by "Delivered." In this case if your phone displays "Sent" then the contact is currently not online but "Delivered" will display when they are online!

I had a similar situation with Skype until I downgraded the version.

Kristi210 wrote: »

Hi,
    As mentioned above,

When you make a Viber call, you will first see "Calling". It will change to "Ringing" if your contact is online and their phone is literally ringing.
    When you text, "Delivered" means the message has been received on the other side's phone (they're online). If you only see "Sent", it means it's been sent from you, but pending the other side to come online (they're offline at the moment). So, if messages remain at "Sent" and do not become "Delivered", you might want to check with your destination contact whether or not they are connected to the internet.

In the future we might add an "Online" status message, but we still don't know when this will happen.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,012 ✭✭✭✭thebman

Any chance of Viber developing a MightText like front end on web/pc but with the advantage of free Viber messages?

http://mightytext.net

That would make it the perfect app.

thebman wrote: »
    Any chance of Viber developing a MightText like front end on web/pc but with the advantage of free Viber messages?

http://mightytext.net

That would make it the perfect app.

We have similar ideas in the oven these days :)
    Once we have official news, we'll let our fans know.

Hi there,
    As some of you have already noticed, we have released a new version of Viber - 2.3.0 !

What's new?
    - Use your own ringtones from Android as your Viber ringtones!
    - Include cool emoticons in your Viber text message.
    - Reply to cellular (regular) SMS using Viber.
    - Share Stickers with your Viber contacts.
    - Add a custom location to your Viber texts.
    - Many other enchancements and improvements.

So, make sure you download the latest version! :)
    Please feel free to let us know your thoughts, questions and comments, we'd be happy to hear from you.
    Viber Team

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Hi there,
    As some of you have already noticed, we have released a new version of Viber - 2.3.0 !

What's new?
    - Use your own ringtones from Android as your Viber ringtones!
    - Include cool emoticons in your Viber text message.
    - Reply to cellular (regular) SMS using Viber.
    - Share Stickers with your Viber contacts.
    - Add a custom location to your Viber texts.
    - Many other enchancements and improvements.

So, make sure you download the latest version! :)
    Please feel free to let us know your thoughts, questions and comments, we'd be happy to hear from you.
    Viber Team

Quick heads up on this new feature:

"Include cool emoticons in your Viber text message."

My HILARIOUS smiley faces sent via my Android do not appear on my brother's IPhone4. A great loss.

• Advertisement

Mezcita wrote: »
    Quick heads up on this new feature:

"Include cool emoticons in your Viber text message."

My HILARIOUS smiley faces sent via my Android do not appear on my brother's IPhone4. A great loss.

You mean that Viber's build-in emoticons didn't reach your brother's Viber?

Have you made sure both him and you have installed the latest version of Viber?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,952 ✭✭✭funnights74

Heard about viber a while back but only signed up over christmas. It's working well so far but early days yet.

• Registered Users Posts: 39 Dickys Back Garden

Hi folks. I'm not a bit techy so excuse my ignorance if this is in the wrong forum or indeed a stupid question!! Anyway, I "upgraded" to a Samsung Galaxy S3, which, on the face of it is a serious piece of equipment, somewhat mindboggling actually compared to my previous phone!

When buying, the agent used Viber as a selling point in that when downloaded, calls would be free. Ethical or not, I bought on this basis. The phone has been excellent except the fact that I cannot "sync" Viber with my contacts. If I manually call a fellow "viber" user that I know is using it then this is fine but this is a huge hassle. The agent said it might be because I have over six hundred contacts in my phone-Could this be right? I've also tried to sync "Fring" with similar failing results!

I am now not sure if it is a phone or indeed an app problem and I am wondering has anyone else experienced similar or can anyone advise please? Thanks in advance.

Hi folks. I'm not a bit techy so excuse my ignorance if this is in the wrong forum or indeed a stupid question!! Anyway, I "upgraded" to a Samsung Galaxy S3, which, on the face of it is a serious piece of equipment, somewhat mindboggling actually compared to my previous phone!

When buying, the agent used Viber as a selling point in that when downloaded, calls would be free. Ethical or not, I bought on this basis. The phone has been excellent except the fact that I cannot "sync" Viber with my contacts. If I manually call a fellow "viber" user that I know is using it then this is fine but this is a huge hassle. The agent said it might be because I have over six hundred contacts in my phone-Could this be right? I've also tried to sync "Fring" with similar failing results!

I am now not sure if it is a phone or indeed an app problem and I am wondering has anyone else experienced similar or can anyone advise please? Thanks in advance.

Hi,

Viber currently does not integrate with Android's native contact list unfortunately. In future versions we hope to bring back this feature, and once we have news we'll let you know.
    We apologize for the temporary inconvenience.

• Registered Users Posts: 476 ✭✭flugel

Anybody have issues with all the new emoticons working? Last updates emoticons won't work for myself. Tried re-installing the app and everything but to no avail.

Anyway to make the pop up message window display for longer?

Advertisement