Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PLC- Social Care, Community and Youth Work.

Options
  • 11-08-2012 1:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 33

Hey,

With Leaving Cert results coming out this Wednesday I am freaking out (like any other leaving- cert- er).

I am interested in the areas of social care, community/ youth work etc. However, I don't think I will get the points for my courses. I would really appreciate if anyone knows any good PLC courses around this area.

I am finding it very difficult to find a good PLC course in this area and I would really appreciate your help.

I am looking for a PLC course in social care/ social work/ community work/ youth work preferably in Dublin.

Please help

Much love,
    A freaking out Leaving Cert- er

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,379 ✭✭✭✭looksee

I'm afraid you might have to continue freaking out, as it is probably too late to get a place, most of the PLCs will have most of their places allocated at this stage from interviews earlier in the year.

Look up the Dublin VEC websites and find the names of the PLC colleges, then check out each one and see if they are doing third round interviews in a couple of weeks time. You will most likely be applying for places on waiting lists though, so apply in several colleges.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 tazmcn

I'm afraid you might have to continue freaking out

Gosh, the day before my results and aren't you helpful... :P

All of the PLCs I have looked at are not full and are all doing interviews in September. I should get into one as I have a lot of experience in this area.

I have done research. I just wanted to know a specific name of any PLCs that people knew where good or who had done them themselves.

Thanks...

Advertisement