Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suggestings for sealing bottom of external doors?

• 11-08-2012 2:57pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,430 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm looking to seal around the bottom of my front and back doors following renovations including new doors and footpaths. It's been done a while so I pumped expanding foam in as a temporary measure some time ago.

While a step would be the usual feature I'm concerned that as the height isn't much and the resulting step wouldn't be much that people might trip over it coming in.

Any thoughts or ideas?

Pics are below.

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73 ✭✭carpenter23

why not pull out the foam and just fill the gap with concrete?

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Tipperarymike

I hope nobody minds me hijacking this thread....

I have the same issue as the OP but we don't have the footpaths done yet and the house is a bit draughty to say the least. Right now we don't have the funds to do the paths and twill probably be the new year when we do but I want to try to seal the house best I can , we just moved in. Would foam do the job in this sort of situation? We have a good few doors to do as we have a few French doors leading out to what will be the garden in time.

Thanks.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

I hope nobody minds me hijacking this thread....

I have the same issue as the OP but we don't have the footpaths done yet and the house is a bit draughty to say the least. Right now we don't have the funds to do the paths and twill probably be the new year when we do but I want to try to seal the house best I can , we just moved in. Would foam do the job in this sort of situation? We have a good few doors to do as we have a few French doors leading out to what will be the garden in time.

Thanks.

a bit of timber and a line of tech7 should do the job

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,772 ✭✭✭jameshayes

jameshayes wrote: »
    a bit of timber and a line of tech7 should do the job

obviously treated timber & something that wont be a trip hazard

• Registered Users Posts: 288 ✭✭Tipperarymike

Cheers James,

That sounds like the right job, and it won't be in the way when we eventually do the paths either. Thanks for that

• Advertisement
Advertisement