Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Clip-In Extensions?

• 11-08-2012 3:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭

I have an odd haircut that Im trying to grow out at present (short on one side, angled bob on the other). It's literally just hit the length where it can be tied up, but looks very odd as I have quite thick hair.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend somewhere to get good quality clip-ins, in both the hair itself and the clips. The half-head set I have here has excellent hair, but terrible clips, and after three uses one clip has snapped and another two keep slipping off the edge of the extensions.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,729 ✭✭✭Millem

ShaShaBear wrote: »
    I have an odd haircut that Im trying to grow out at present (short on one side, angled bob on the other). It's literally just hit the length where it can be tied up, but looks very odd as I have quite thick hair.

I was wondering if anyone could recommend somewhere to get good quality clip-ins, in both the hair itself and the clips. The half-head set I have here has excellent hair, but terrible clips, and after three uses one clip has snapped and another two keep slipping off the edge of the extensions.

I am nearly sure you can buy the clips in hairspray and you could sew them on yourself. If you want a new set go to Moore street and you could pick them up for €35 (they will tell you €50 but you can get them down). Linda was the best but I think she is gone but there are loads on that street. You
    may need to was them first as sometimes they have a strange finish on them. I actually bought a Jessica simpson clip in from hairspray €50 and it is brilliant but you cant curl or straighten it as it is synthetic but I find it great if you are in a rush. I always thought synthetic ones looked terrible but the jessica ones are fantastic. If you know anyone with a card for a salon wholesalers you can remy clip ins for €50 in salon savers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,528 ✭✭✭ShaShaBear

I was looking for real hair, as I dye the extensions I have at present, and I know that ruins synthetic. I was looking at the hairspray real hair clip-ins, but it's like €90 for just two weaves, and that is going to look ridiculous in thick hair that doesn't even touch the shoulders! :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 28 mrsnewbie

Hi, I got mine straight from my hairdresser. She lent me a set to see did I like it and ordered them in for me. They were about 130 quid for two pieces but are great quality and are little clip in ones. You can wash, straighten dye them etc. I have heard Salons Services are much cheaper. I often buy the ponytails from HairSpray in Dublin (or online) and they are very handy and they'd be quick if you want to put your hair up for work etc. I use mine because I have very fine hair. They will match to your exact colour if you go instore.

I've very very thick and short hair, so two weaves would be useless (it's what I have now, and even tied up you can tell it's too thin!)

I've been looking at Luxy, anyone any experience with them?

I've very very thick and short hair, so two weaves would be useless (it's what I have now, and even tied up you can tell it's too thin!)

I've been looking at Luxy, anyone any experience with them?

I tried on the one piece real hair in hairspray for 150€ and it looks amazing I have crazy thick hair. Why don't you go in and they will try different ones in your hair?

• Advertisement

I've got Hairspray ones at the minute. They sold me a box with two weaves in it for €90, said it was enough for a full head. But no matter what way I style/shape my own hair, its literally one massive visible line about 12 inches down where my hair ends and theirs begins. I imagine a one-piece would look even worse!

I've got Hairspray ones at the minute. They sold me a box with two weaves in it for €90, said it was enough for a full head. But no matter what way I style/shape my own hair, its literally one massive visible line about 12 inches down where my hair ends and theirs begins. I imagine a one-piece would look even worse!
    O god that sounds crazy! The Moore street and remy ones you get 4 strips maybe they would be a better option? Did you try on the Jessica one piece? It is already styled and cut? Honestly if I had the money I would get that one!

Didn't bother, I need to go for real hair because I colour my hair, and that would kill synthetic!

The Hairspray hair feels lovely, and it takes to curls and colour really well, but the clips are nearly falling out because the hair is too heavy on them (hence why I assume most places, like Luxy, sell ten weaves in a pack for 15 quid more than Hairspray's two weaves) and I'd need to buy another packet and use the four, and still cut them to fit :( That's almost 200 quid, just doesn't seem viable unless I get my hair drastically thinned!

Didn't bother, I need to go for real hair because I colour my hair, and that would kill synthetic!

The Hairspray hair feels lovely, and it takes to curls and colour really well, but the clips are nearly falling out because the hair is too heavy on them (hence why I assume most places, like Luxy, sell ten weaves in a pack for 15 quid more than Hairspray's two weaves) and I'd need to buy another packet and use the four, and still cut them to fit :( That's almost 200 quid, just doesn't seem viable unless I get my hair drastically thinned!

Jessica has a real hair one for €160. My one is sythetic for €50. Are you putting in the four correctly? Honestly you don't need your hair thinned. My hair is crazy and 4 fits perfectly but I prefer the one big strip. I have never heard of luxy.

I only have two, I mean I would need to buy another packet of two and wear all four for it to look proper! My hair is two completely different lengths at either side, a difference of about 4 inches. So two weaves makes it look really obvious. Four might do it, but it seems silly to pay another 90 for them if Im going to have to keep sewing the clips, plus I've been on three recommended websites so far that are selling ten weaves for €115. They even have ones with only one clip for blending bangs!

Not trying to diss Hairspray at all, when my hair was past my shoulders the two weaves did great, but they're useless now!

• Advertisement

I only have two, I mean I would need to buy another packet of two and wear all four for it to look proper! My hair is two completely different lengths at either side, a difference of about 4 inches. So two weaves makes it look really obvious. Four might do it, but it seems silly to pay another 90 for them if Im going to have to keep sewing the clips, plus I've been on three recommended websites so far that are selling ten weaves for €115. They even have ones with only one clip for blending bangs!

Not trying to diss Hairspray at all, when my hair was past my shoulders the two weaves did great, but they're useless now!

Ok well then go to Moore street for €35 you will get 4 in a pack and it is real hair. I know hairdressers who get it there, they dye it curl it straighten it etc and they are fab. The last woman I went to will cut them
    measuring your head and sew on clips there and then.

That sounds fantastic, thanks! :D

Advertisement