Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Website and credit/laser card payments

Options
  • 11-08-2012 3:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 410 ✭✭

I want to be able to receive credit card and laser card payments on a website.

what would be the steps needed to follow for merchant banking ?
    which bank to use
    what company to provide the system for the website
    how long before payment for a product purchased online on the site is cleared

any help or advice would be much appreciated:confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,399 ✭✭✭sozbox

Take a look at Realex payments, should have all the info you need.
    http://www.realexpayments.com/ie

• Registered Users Posts: 3,750 ✭✭✭iDave

B1977 wrote: »
    I want to be able to receive credit card and laser card payments on a website.

what would be the steps needed to follow for merchant banking ?
    which bank to use
    what company to provide the system for the website
    how long before payment for a product purchased online on the site is cleared

any help or advice would be much appreciated:confused:

Try sagepay.ie
    Merchant banking and payment gateway solved in one

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭sandin

It depends on what type of turnover you are going to have. If its a startup and turnover will be low at first, then use the Paypal payment system - it can be set up in minutes and you don't need to do much form filling. Very handy for the start up phase, but commission is quite high at 3.4% + a fee per transaction (35c I think).

Once you are going strong you can add in a direct merchant payment option, but I would still offer paypal as so many people trust it.

For this you will need a merchant internet account from a card processor (Ulster bank - streamline/worldpay, Bank of Ireland/elavon or AIB Card services). Then you will also need a gateway provider such as realex or sagepay (all very similar) who will charge about €30/month for up to 350 transactions (still €30 if you just do 20 transactions) + in addition you will pay the merchant bank about 2% (can be lower, but it depends on business)

Basically, go with Paypal until you are turning about 5k a month online and then look at other avenues.

Advertisement