Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Get out of me way!

• 11-08-2012 3:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭

So AHers, when was the last time you were told this?

I got a council flat! \o/

There's a bloke (Paddy) putting the floor down. He reminded me of me Dad.

"Just stay out of me way"

Didn't even want a cup of tea. :eek::):pac:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

Mammy says it to me any time she's doing anything. "Get out from under me feet!" she shouts. I'm only trying to help :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Btw, should have gone for "Phrases that your Dad used to use" as the thread title.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

you think that's bad a guy shouted at me once, get outa me dreams get into me car,

some crazy hores outder

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,641 ✭✭✭Hardonraging

Ludacris really should get an infraction for this terribly sexist song ... in saying that, you shouldslap it on your tape deck, and wonder up to ure floor layer and get all up in his grill ..

• Registered Users Posts: 2,312 ✭✭✭AskMyChocolate

Ludacris really should get an infraction for this terribly sexist song ... in saying that, you shouldslap it on your tape deck, and wonder up to ure floor layer and get all up in his grill ..

Grills are great. MMmmm..... rashers.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,298 ✭✭✭hairyprincess

If someone was in my friends way she would say "get out of me road". Such a polite young lady

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,351 ✭✭✭NegativeCreep

If someone was in my friends way she would say "get out of me road". Such a polite young lady

If someone sits too closely to my friend he says "do ye want to sit on me lip?" I don't get it either.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22,048 ✭✭✭✭Snowie

i prefer move....

one word always alarms people more then "get out of my way " Move is to the point.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

SHIFT YOURSEL'!!

Where To wrote: »
    SHIFT YOURSEL'!!
    Tried that there. Turns out I'm a terrible shift

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

I was pushing a trolley around m&s the other day, there was a lady blocking one of the aisles.

I meant to turn around and say excuse me please, instead I went up behind her and went BEEP BEEP!!!! in a big stupid voice

I apologised and she just started laughing thank god.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,455 ✭✭✭Where To

syndeyfife wrote: »
    I was pushing a trolley around m&s the other day, there was a lady blocking one of the aisles.

I meant to turn around and say excuse me please, instead I went up behind her and went BEEP BEEP!!!! in a big stupid voice

I apologised and she just started laughing thank god.
    MEEP MEEP!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,033 ✭✭✭mauzo

MEEP MEEP!

Honestly thats what i sounded like! Mortifying :o

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

SHIFT YOURSEL'!!

Was always told to shift myself when I was younger
    Ahhhh the innocent lols

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,184 ✭✭✭marshbaboon

If anyone said that to me, or anything similar, I'd stand there, and stare at them. What an incredibly ignorant thing to say to anyone.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,653 ✭✭✭Ghandee

Go outside and sport yourself on a day like that!

(maybe that's a northie saying.......)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,372 ✭✭✭im invisible

"ya might be a pain, but you'll never make a window"

"wha??"

"move!"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,639 ✭✭✭Miss Lockhart

"wha??"

"move!"

Similarly, "your father is a carpenter - not a glazer".

• Closed Accounts Posts: 328 ✭✭BlueSmoker

"wha??"

"move!"

But it used to be MOVE at the top of his lungs, other phrases my father used to say

"STOP crying or I give you something to crying about"

"And DON'T come back till you found IT"
    He was consantly misplacing his tools, I would spend all afternoon, in the garage terrified, to come back into the house, my sister took great pleasure in telling me he found 15 minutes later under the sink. GRRRRRRR

"Don't Snow Job Me"

"Put that under your oxter"

And the best one, the one I hear every day

"Get the Bread and Butter first, you can find the Jam later" After I told him I wanted to travel Ireland, recording trad bands at 18

Thanks you ole GIT ;)

Advertisement