Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Novecento Pizza

Options
  • 11-08-2012 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭

New Pizza parlor on McCurtain St.
    Glad to see Fernando is doing well :cool:
    Is the one on Douglas st still open ?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 614 ✭✭✭blankblank

Still open,,,,

Still amazing....

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Scratcher

McCurtain Street Fermoy or Cork?

• Registered Users Posts: 333 ✭✭Vivara

McCurtain Street Fermoy or Cork?

The is the Cork City forum.

I know that. There's a Novecento in Fermoy on McCurtain st (according to justeat.ie), I was on McCurtain st. (in Cork city) earlier and didn't see the new pizzaria, so just wondering where it is.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

I know that. There's a Novecento in Fermoy on McCurtain st (according to justeat.ie), I was on McCurtain st. (in Cork city) earlier and didn't see the new pizzaria, so just wondering where it is.
    Couple of doors down from where cash converters used to be.

• Advertisement

Nice one! I'll pop in tomorrow so for a Diavola!

• Registered Users Posts: 255 ✭✭Ronan cork

Yeah best real pizza in town. Heard they will be doing pasta dishes there too and you can sit down and eat there

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭darkdubh

We used to live on Douglas St when it opened and for a short while we were almost the only people going there.It was good to see they took off as their pizzas are the best in town.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Tried Novocento Friday for the first time. Very nice indeed. Between that and La Tana as the number one for me.

Wheres La Tana, never heard for it? Worth a try ya?

• Advertisement

gimmick wrote: »
    Tried Novocento Friday for the first time. Very nice indeed. Between that and La Tana as the number one for me.
    I would recommend Pompei pizza in the Franciscan Well on thursday and friday nights and Gino's on Winthrop st has picked up again also.

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

Davie89 wrote: »
    Wheres La Tana, never heard for it? Worth a try ya?

They are on Barrack Street, I actually prefer La Tana to Novecento but they are obviously both delicious. Best two pizza places in Cork for sure. Try one of La Tana's rice balls if you're ordering one of their pizzas, so tasty! They are on Just Eat as well. :)

rorrissey wrote: »
    They are on Barrack Street, I actually prefer La Tana to Novecento but they are obviously both delicious. Best two pizza places in Cork for sure. Try one of La Tana's rice balls if you're ordering one of their pizzas, so tasty! They are on Just Eat as well. :)
    Arancini,they are indeed yummy.
    Who's running La Tana these days as the owner passed away there a few months back.

Taste of Italy in Blackrock are nice too!! Loads of good pizza spots around.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Gamb!t wrote: »
    I would recommend Pompei pizza in the Franciscan Well on thursday and friday nights and Gino's on Winthrop st has picked up again also.

Pompeii are excellent.

As is Sober Lane, their pizzas are definitely as good as Novecento or any of the others in town!

• Registered Users Posts: 583 ✭✭✭rorrissey

Arancini,they are indeed yummy.
    Who's running La Tana these days as the owner passed away there a few months back.

He passed away? The Italian man who used to be in there? I had no idea!

rorrissey wrote: »
    He passed away? The Italian man who used to be in there? I had no idea!
    Yeah a friend of mine that used call in there was saying a while back.He was a sound guy.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,559 ✭✭✭refusetolose

do Novecento deliver?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 558 ✭✭✭rcdk1

The one on Douglas St does. Not sure of the delivery charge.

rcdk1 wrote: »
    The one on Douglas St does. Not sure of the delivery charge.

From.what I remember it's only a few euro extra, like 2 euro I think

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,881 ✭✭✭sporina

isn't La Tana on Douglas street?

I never get to try these pizza's as I do not live near these streets and I do not like cold pizza.. IMO pizza has to be eaten almost straight out of the oven,.. and you cannot sit in any of these places either… well.. not really,..

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

La Tana is on Barack street.

calnand wrote: »
    La Tana is on Barack street.

thats so weird - i was sure it was on douglas street - like near the cross roads - beside windsor road...

• Registered Users Posts: 719 ✭✭✭calnand

sporina wrote: »
    thats so weird - i was sure it was on douglas street - like near the cross roads - beside windsor road...

The only other pizza place on Douglas street is Heaven Pizza on the corner of douglas street and summerhill south.

calnand wrote: »
    The only other pizza place on Douglas street is Heaven Pizza on the corner of douglas street and summerhill south.

maybe i am thinking of that..

There's a Novecento on douglas St near Fionnbarra's pub.
    Its small but you can eat inside there.
    I believe there was an arrangement with La Tana on Barrick St that you could eat the pizza in the wine bar across the road from it if you bought a drink there.

There's a Novecento on douglas St near Fionnbarra's pub.
    Its small but you can eat inside there.
    I believe there was an arrangement with La Tana on Barrick St that you could eat the pizza in the wine bar across the road from it if you bought a drink there.

where exactly on barrack street is this place? and what wine bar?

where exactly on barrack street is this place? and what wine bar?
    Go up the hill and pass Nancy Spains 100m or so..

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Novecento are robbing bastards for a pizza, Apache is a tenner for any size pizza or domino's and four star etc do deals. **** paying 20 euros or over for a pizza..madness.

• Advertisement

corcaigh1 wrote: »
    Novecento are robbing bastards for a pizza, Apache is a tenner for any size pizza or domino's and four star etc do deals. **** paying 20 euros or over for a pizza..madness.

20 euro??

The most ive ever paid in there is ~14/15 euro.

And the quality is miles ahead of the likes of four star.

Well worth any minor price differences, You get what you pay for and all that

Advertisement