Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Novecento Pizza

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Davie89 wrote: »
    corcaigh1 wrote: »
    Novecento are robbing bastards for a pizza, Apache is a tenner for any size pizza or domino's and four star etc do deals. **** paying 20 euros or over for a pizza..madness.

20 euro??

The most ive ever paid in there is ~14/15 euro.

And the quality is miles ahead of the likes of four star.

Well worth any minor price differences, You get what you pay for and all that

For a 16" pizza there 20 euro plus for a half decent one in novacento. Like i said ya get a 16" inch for a tenner in apache and ya get deals in dominos, four star, mizzoni etc. Madness in this day and age paying 20 yo yo's for a bit of dough and toppings.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12,449 ✭✭✭✭pwurple

12 of their 22 large pizzas are over 20 euro. They are pricey alright.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Scratcher

Four Star, Dominos and Apache are manky. If you're worried about forking out for a decent meal just go to Aldi and pick up those carlos pizzas for 3 euro way better than any of those.

• Registered Users Posts: 647 ✭✭✭corcaigh1

Four Star, Dominos and Apache are manky. If you're worried about forking out for a decent meal just go to Aldi and pick up those carlos pizzas for 3 euro way better than any of those.

They will do just fine, i cant justify paying over 20 euros for a pizza these days..no bother back in 05/06. Ive eaten out of novacento and their 16" pizzas dont warrant over 20 euros. And since when is a pizza a decent meal, if i want to pay over 20 euros for grub ill go and sit myself down in a restaurant and eat a "decent" meal.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

Had a pizza in Novecento, looked great but was completely tasteless. There wasn't even a taste of grease or salt from it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭The Scratcher

They will do just fine, i cant justify paying over 20 euros for a pizza these days..no bother back in 05/06. Ive eaten out of novacento and their 16" pizzas dont warrant over 20 euros. And since when is a pizza a decent meal, if i want to pay over 20 euros for grub ill go and sit myself down in a restaurant and eat a "decent" meal.

well good point on decent meal bit. It's a hangover treat and at that I'd only have a pizza max once a month.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,172 ✭✭✭shnaek

Tried it out yesterday and I thought the pizza was delicious.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,881 ✭✭✭sporina

i think i wll try La Tana before Novecento

• Registered Users Posts: 12,778 ✭✭✭✭Kold

La Tana >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Novecento

• Registered Users Posts: 258 ✭✭prettyinpink

I love pizza, going to have to give this place a go!!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Novecento are robbing bastards for a pizza, Apache is a tenner for any size pizza or domino's and four star etc do deals. **** paying 20 euros or over for a pizza..madness.

Whatever about 4 star, which I quite like, the other 2 are awful Dominoes is processed to the extreme and is just plain. I reckon filled with MSG as well given the manky feeling afterwards.

Apache is just bloody disgusting. Its €10 for a reason.

La Tana is actually quite cheap as well to add to its pluses!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,115 ✭✭✭✭rob316

La Tana is just top notch, regularly go there, wouldn't buy pizza from anywhere else. Arrachino is lovely and there chips are as good as anywhere. Sound lads in there too. HMMM 12" Verace and chips with cajun mayo! Its cheap too, and the lads offer a loyalty card every 6th pizza is free.

and Ive tried Novecento, its very good but all a bit too pricey, La Tana has a better balance of value and quality.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,453 ✭✭✭Shenshen

I'll have to try La Tana, this is the first time I heard about that.
    I was over the moon when I discovered Novecentos a while back, the first decent pizza place I've found since coming to Ireland.
    I've tried Dominos, 4 Star, Apache, Pizza Hut and others, and how people can pay any money at all and then even eat the stuff is utterly and totally beyond me. They are disgusting beyond words.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,748 ✭✭✭Dermighty

In my experience Sober Lane > any other pizza in the city.

Shenshen wrote: »
    I'll have to try La Tana, this is the first time I heard about that.
    I was over the moon when I discovered Novecentos a while back, the first decent pizza place I've found since coming to Ireland.
    I've tried Dominos, 4 Star, Apache, Pizza Hut and others, and how people can pay any money at all and then even eat the stuff is utterly and totally beyond me. They are disgusting beyond words.

cool - where are you from?
    Dermighty wrote: »
    In my experience Sober Lane > any other pizza in the city.

i shared a pizza from sober lane once and i sat in me like a tonne of lead..wayyyy to heavy for me…

• Registered Users Posts: 6,790 ✭✭✭cornbb

La Tana is the business. Big fan of theirs. Delivery to Tom Barrys is a big win ;) Don't know Novecento so well.

And mentioning Apache/Dominos/Four Star in the same breath as these proper pizzerias is just plain madness.

la tana deliver to tom's? no way…

in saying all this, i rarely ever get a pizza delivered.. a pizza has to be eaten almost just out of the oven..

i would go pick it up..

what do other's think?

sporina wrote: »
    cool - where are you from?

Southern Germany, close enough to Italy for day trips... with pizza lunches in Venice ;)

in saying all this, i rarely ever get a pizza delivered.. a pizza has to be eaten almost just out of the oven..

i would go pick it up..

what do other's think?

I would agree, it doesn't keep warm very long, and re-heated... well, it'll be edible, but that's about the best can be said.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

Pizza D'Italia on the Grandparade arent bad and very cheap if people are so worried about the price of pizza..

• Advertisement

They sure do. Its gonna be pretty fresh if its only going across the road to Tom Barry's too. Its far closer to the restaurant than most customers' homes would be.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

Il Pardrino is lovely in town

cornbb wrote: »
    They sure do. Its gonna be pretty fresh if its only going across the road to Tom Barry's too. Its far closer to the restaurant than most customers' homes would be.

yeah this is ok… but would they actually deliver it or could you just go and pick it up yourself? (not sure where la tana is in relation to barry's)

dave1982 wrote: »
    Il Pardrino is lovely in town

god no i had a pizza there in july and i could not believe how poor it was.. it was totally tasteless and the base was like bread.. it was on a par with the bread stick which has a shelf life of about 2 years...:eek:

yeah this is ok… but would they actually deliver it or could you just go and pick it up yourself? (not sure where la tana is in relation to barry's)

They deliver it for you. (They also deliver anywhere else in town btw, they have a delivery service. Tom Barrys happens to be just 100m away so you can be sure it'll be fresh).

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

I went to Novecento last Saturday night after seeing this thread. I had the funghi 12". Altogether it was very disappointing, especially after the good reviews in here. Dry, bland, very little flavour in the base sauce. I think people are reading too much into the fact that there are Italian people running it - some of the worst pizza I've had has been in Italy. Particularly Northern Italy.

I was skeptical when I saw the owner was from near Venice - in Italy that's about as far away from Naples (the home of the original and best pizza) as one can get. I go to Naples a couple of times a year and the pizza there and around the Campania region in general is out of this world. What we eat here is just a bad attempt at the real thing. All because the pizzerias there get the base and the sauce just right, and that's all there is to a good pizza. They also don't over-do it with too many extra toppings like chicken or beef. The best pizza you can get is a simple Margharita.

Uncle Petes and La Tana are still the best in Cork. The pizza in both places is decent and La Tana's arancini is beautiful.

Don't waste your time or money on Novecento. It's really sub-standard stuff.

grenache wrote: »
    I went to Novecento last Saturday night after seeing this thread. I had the funghi 12". Altogether it was very disappointing, especially after the good reviews in here. Dry, bland, very little flavour in the base sauce. I think people are reading too much into the fact that there are Italian people running it - some of the worst pizza I've had has been in Italy. Particularly Northern Italy.

I was skeptical when I saw the owner was from near Venice - in Italy that's about as far away from Naples (the home of the original and best pizza) as one can get. I go to Naples a couple of times a year and the pizza there and around the Campania region in general is out of this world. What we eat here is just a bad attempt at the real thing. All because the pizzerias there get the base and the sauce just right, and that's all there is to a good pizza. They also don't over-do it with too many extra toppings like chicken or beef. The best pizza you can get is a simple Margharita.

Uncle Petes and La Tana are still the best in Cork. The pizza in both places is decent and La Tana's arancini is beautiful.

lol… can't wait to try La Tana - will wait till after hols..

But I stayed in Campania last year and both pizza's I had were terrible.. well one was on the amalfi coast and the other in ravello.. perhaps one has to go to Naples..

La Dolce Vita is meant to be really good - proper authentic - but I have not been as I have read that the service/atmosphere is awful.. but it might be worth it for a real pizza..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,604 ✭✭✭dave1982

god no i had a pizza there in july and i could not believe how poor it was.. it was totally tasteless and the base was like bread.. it was on a par with the bread stick which has a shelf life of about 2 years...:eek:

really? its been over year since i was un there, they used be my favourite :(

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

grenache wrote: »

Did Fernando make the pizza himself for you or was it some of his staff ?
    I tend to find the pizza nicer when he males it himself.
    Also a friend of ours recommended Novecento and she's from Naples..

• Advertisement

cornbb wrote: »
    They deliver it for you. (They also deliver anywhere else in town btw, they have a delivery service. Tom Barrys happens to be just 100m away so you can be sure it'll be fresh).

i assume you could only do this during off peak times though.. ? barry's gets very busy...

Advertisement