Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Novecento Pizza

Options
13»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,477 ✭✭✭grenache

Gamb!t wrote: »
    Did Fernando make the pizza himself for you or was it some of his staff ?
    I tend to find the pizza nicer when he males it himself.
    Also a friend of ours recommended Novecento and she's from Naples..
    It was an Italian gentleman in his mid 50s that baked it. So if that's him, then yes it was Fernando.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,389 ✭✭✭Gamb!t

grenache wrote: »
    It was an Italian gentleman in his mid 50s that baked it. So if that's him, then yes it was Fernando.
    That's Fernando,he's cool.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 992 ✭✭✭kcb

Gamb!t wrote: »
    New Pizza parlor on McCurtain St.
    Glad to see Fernando is doing well :cool:
    Is the one on Douglas st still open ?

Just seen this! Ignore other post from me!

Nice one - Novecento pizza is still the best in town IMO although Rico is possibly on par now in the restaurant market

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭kampik

We were looking for some lunch deal on St. Patricks day around McCurtain Street.
    It was already past four o'clock and we saw lunch menu on Novecento window. We went inside and ask if they still serve lunch deals. They said of course. So we thought it’s great, we sat down, enjoyed the food until I read the standard menu and found the same prices as for lunch.
    I felt cheated because they had outside lunch menu beside ordinary menu and the only difference is fewer lunch meal range which I didn’t realise until we finished. I don’t even get why she handed us lunch menu while there is no benefit, only less options compare to regular menu.

It's just bad practise how to get customers inside during lunch time. In my opinion if they advertise lunch menu they should price it differently from standard offer. It is a false advertising and cheating customers.
    I can't complain about the food as it was lovely but this turned me off to go there again.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,025 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

kampik wrote: »
    We were looking for some lunch deal on St. Patricks day around McCurtain Street.
    It was already past four o'clock and we saw lunch menu on Novecento window. We went inside and ask if they still serve lunch deals. They said of course. So we thought it’s great, we sat down, enjoyed the food until I read the standard menu and found the same prices as for lunch.
    I felt cheated because they had outside lunch menu beside ordinary menu and the only difference is fewer lunch meal range which I didn’t realise until we finished. I don’t even get why she handed us lunch menu while there is no benefit, only less options compare to regular menu.

It's just bad practise how to get customers inside during lunch time. In my opinion if they advertise lunch menu they should price it differently from standard offer. It is a false advertising and cheating customers.
    I can't complain about the food as it was lovely but this turned me off to go there again.

So you had no problem with the food or the price you paid for it - you had a problem because people who might eat at a different time to you aren't charged more?
    :confused::confused::confused:

It's false advertising to give you a menu with prices on it and then charge you that price?

You must feel cheated a lot.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭kampik

So you had no problem with the food or the price you paid for it - you had a problem because people who might eat at a different time to you aren't charged more?
    :confused::confused::confused:

It's false advertising to give you a menu with prices on it and then charge you that price?

You must feel cheated a lot.

I wouldn't put two menus for two different times and occasions in the day if there is no price difference between them. 99% of places in town who offer the lunch menu have special pricing for that time in the day. Why one shop out of 100 would stepped out of the line and advertise the lunch menu while they have nothing special to offer?

• Registered Users Posts: 5,015 ✭✭✭Ludo

Lunch menu does not always mean cheaper though. Sometimes ( as in this case it seems) it may just be a restricted menu. Both prices were outside from your post so I dont see the problem.

Advertisement