Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Did we really expect to have lasted this long?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 327 ✭✭dermiek

If I ever get my hands on a few nuclear warheads, i'll fire them off in all directions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,177 ✭✭✭Wompa1

I'd be more worried about North Korea. The likes of Iran and Russia are sh!t stirrers. They have been sabre rattling for decades.

North Korea is a complete rogue state with nothing to lose.

Who'd have thought the US allowing Jews to immigrate to avoid persecution in parts of Eastern Europe, Germany and Russia would lead to the cluster f**k we have today.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 537 ✭✭✭kevin65

Pottler wrote: »
    Is it just me, or is Israel a bit like the skanger family who have a few bob that live down the street -there's always one- always involved in some feckin drama or row, always throwing rubbish over peoples fences and their kids causing aggro on a daily basis. Like a feckin boil on your arse, always annoying and always threatening to erupt. Personally, they bore me and I wish they'd move, or get a disease, or a burning desire to move to Leitrim, or somthing. Can we not pursuade Israel to move to Leitrim? For the sake of world peace like? Would it fit there? Could we squeeze them in if we used a big squeezy thing?

As a Leitrim person, I object to this suggestion.:mad:

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 60,171 Mod ✭✭✭✭Wibbs

Wompa1 wrote: »
    North Korea is a complete rogue state with nothing to lose.
    Especially if the regime starts to unravel as regimes will and I suspect this one is overdue. The current heir to the nuttiness looks like the weakest yet IMH.

Rejoice in the awareness of feeling stupid, for that’s how you end up learning new things. If you’re not aware you’re stupid, you probably are.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,184 ✭✭✭3ndahalfof6

when it happens, remember to, catch it, kill it, bin it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

smcgiff wrote: »
    And, dont rely on the mutual destruction safeguard - it only takes a lunatic/functioning psychotic to be in charge of the red button again see Iran.

Theoretically, yes. In the past, however, the only time a nuclear weapon was used in wartime was when one country had it and none of the others did. Look at Pakistan and India: always at war until the two of them developed nuclear weapons.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,732 ✭✭✭Toby Take a Bow

Wibbs wrote: »
    Especially if the regime starts to unravel as regimes will and I suspect this one is overdue. The current heir to the nuttiness looks like the weakest yet IMH.

I always got the impression that it was China keeping that regime propped up (not explicitly so, but through keeping up relations with them). Not sure if that's the case, but if it is, and China continues to grow (at least relatively compared to everyone else) there's every chance that the regime will continue.

But, yeah, the guy does look like he has no clue what he's doing.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

See, if a republican said that Northern Ireland should be wiped off a map, we'd know he was talking about the political entity, not the actual 6 counties or the populace. In the original translation he never even mentioned Israel, just the regime.

In this case it's obvious are biased against him and Iran. It's been shown in studies that when people are shown evidence that counters a believe they hold, it actually reinforces and strengthens that belief. So after being shown a translation people say it's wrong, or even if it's correct, he must still mean it, he just never actually said it.

This is funny though
    http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/1/1c/Shah-nukeIran.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,329 ✭✭✭✭Grayson

Actually, I believe the US is still the one most likely to use a nuke. They've developed all kinds of low yield weapons and they are more likely to use a bunker buster nuke.

But I think the thread is aimed at the use of nuclear weapons in a more conventional sense. Like dropping a bomb on a civilian target. I don't believe the US would do that.

The problem is that if a nuke is used at all, it kinda opens up a big can of worms. At the moment it doesn't matter how small it is, it's considered bad form to use it. If that changes we're all screwed.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,637 ✭✭✭Show Time

If anyone is gonna use a nuke i can see it being Israel.

Advertisement