Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Left4dead

Options
  • 11-08-2012 5:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 17,187 ✭✭✭✭

One of my all times favourite games , and there's a major bug. All the regular zombies are replaced by huge error signs, they block doors and hallways making it impossible to play versus mode and online co-op :( It's happening everywhere and to everyone.

I hear Valve aren't doing anything, because they want everyone to buy L4D2 and then DLC content so you can play L4D1 maps.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

IvySlayer wrote: »
    One of my all times favourite games , and there's a major bug. All the regular zombies are replaced by huge error signs, they block doors and hallways making it impossible to play versus mode and online co-op :( It's happening everywhere and to everyone.

I hear Valve aren't doing anything, because they want everyone to buy L4D2 and then DLC content so you can play L4D1 maps.

Only went back to it yesterday , after ..... a long lay off and go the same thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,571 ✭✭✭TheGunns

Is this happening in single player? Does it make the purchase of L4D pointless?

• Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

This happened to me for the first time the other night, I've been playing it weekly with friends since it's release. It only happened to us in No Mercy, the rest of the campaigns worked fine, the only way to work around this guaranteed on any map is to avoid using the dedicated servers.

It's been happening a lot lately where we haven't been getting servers and one of us would become the host, but it's never a sure thing. The only way to ensure you host rather than a server is to have the host button mash A repeatedly on start game to keep start and stopping the server search and if it works it will start a 5 second count down to the game beginning, if it doesn't work it crashes your Xbox.

I don't see how Valve can fob anyone off with their expectations of buying 2 and it's DLC, they can't gimp functionality of the originals to make people buy the sequels, I know EA shut down servers all the time but this game has a P2P hosting method they could leave working and just shut down the glitched servers.

Advertisement