Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

One upmanship in English

Options
  • 11-08-2012 6:36pm
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21

I have to write a report (10,000 words) on College work in the "accepted" format where you report on your own work without using 1st person, 2nd person, or if possible, 3rd person:-// "I/You/He designed the product" - not allowed. "The product was designed." - preferred format. I have a problem with this: The product should not be the subject of that sentence, because a design of the product was the end result of the effort described. If I had gone on a bender instead, there would have been no product design and in my view the required sentence is clearly unsafe. What's the word to describe the inherent logical fallacy?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 145 ✭✭MRG77

And what has this got to do with Dublin city??

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 21 business.kid

It's for ITT in Dublin City. If you can think of a better place to put it, please tell me and I'll clear off there

• Registered Users Posts: 22,771 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

Not relevant to this forum.

OP - I suggest that you post this in a relevant forum in the Edu category.

Closed.

tHB

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement