Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Update my Xbox?

Options
  • 11-08-2012 6:48pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭

Hi all.

I recently picked up FF 13-2 and when I put it in to play,I was told I had to install an update to play the game.

I dont,nor have I ever hooked up my Xbox to XBL or online etc.

Its also about 3 years old so not exactly shiny.

Is there anyway around this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Is the update not on the disc? It's telling you to connect to XBL to update the system, and it won't play the game?

You can use your computer to download the system update, and install it via a USB flash drive or burn your own CD/DVD.

3 year old dashboard... you don't still have the blades do you?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Is the update not on the disc? It's telling you to connect to XBL to update the system, and it won't play the game?

That is correct.When I bought FF13 I got the same thing but messed around with it and it played fine,Ive tried everything but to no avail.
    You can use your computer to download the system update, and install it via a USB flash drive or burn your own CD/DVD.

Cool,will try that,thanks.
    3 year old dashboard... you don't still have the blades do you?

Is that some kind of XB humour?

Havnt a clue what that means anyway.I bought it for FF,Fable and RE and thats about it so havnt played it outside of those games.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,193 ✭✭✭RobertFoster

Necronos wrote: »
    Is that some kind of XB humour?
    Nope, it was how the Xbox 360 looked originally:

2224257-xbox360_spring2007_12.gif

Microsoft did a big update in autumn 2008 (the NXE, New Xbox Experience) which changed the look of the dashboard drastically. It's been changed a few more times since then too, with a new one expected this autumn.

The current incarnation is more or less this:

213398-xbl.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

Maybe it's nostalgia but I loved the blades dashboard. Would be awesome to have it back.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,126 ✭✭✭✭calex71

Orim wrote: »
    Maybe it's nostalgia but I loved the blades dashboard. Would be awesome to have it back.

No not nostalgia at all mate, and with the new one looking worse than the current one it makes me pine for the blades even more :(

Oh and the bloody lag since they changed to nxe

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 978 ✭✭✭AceCard Jones

I liked the one just after the Blades Most, the one just previous to the first Kinect styled Dashboard. Even the jingles for button presses etc were better.
    Now I'm forced to use the Guide button for every single function since the dashboard itself is a gimped, slow, ugly piece of Sh*t.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,846 ✭✭✭✭Liam McPoyle

Its not the blades one but its not the one below it either,best way of describing it would be a cross between the two with a greenish background.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,971 ✭✭✭Orim

That's the NXE dashboard then. That was just after the blades.

Roberts advice regarding updating through USB should be fine. Here's the link for the download :

http://support.xbox.com/en-IE/xbox-360/system-updates/system-updates-info

If you can hook the Xbox up online, you should get it automatically and then be able to go back offline with no problems.

I would imagine that your having the problem now because it's a fairly major update that I don't think would be on discs.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,234 ✭✭✭Meesared

I think everyone pining for the Blades are looking at it with some serious rose tinted glasses, it was slow, was a serious pain in the hole to navigate the Marketplace.

Advertisement