Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Is someone willing to help out a new and excited builder?

Options
  • 11-08-2012 6:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Thanks for reading! This will be my first build and I've been saving up money for a long time so I really want to make the most with what I've got! Here is what I'm looking for...

1. What is your budget? [$1600]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming and Internet] As far as games go, I'm not 100% sure. But I'd like to be able to play anything currently out on higher settings, and some room to breathe for future games would be nice if my budget can afford it.

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes] Is there a "cheaper" way to do this?

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? I'm starting from scratch, this is my first build ever...

5. Do you need a monitor? [I have a Samsung 42in. plasma TV I was hoping to use as my monitor, any help on how to do this? It has HDMI]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [Just as a side note, I have a Bose companion 2.1 system hooked up to this TV]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [I have wireless in my house, but I suppose I'll need a card for it as well? I also require a keyboard and mouse]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes, I've heard this isn't risky if done correctly?]

8. How can you pay? [Debit Card]

9. When are you purchasing? [Hopefully in the next few weeks when I get the parts all worked out]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [Dallas TX, but I think I should be fine on my own. I want to attempt this solo!]

Thank you again for all of the help and if I can provide any more information please let me know!
    Tagged:

Comments

Advertisement