Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Home Economics with RE or Economics?

• 11-08-2012 7:15pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 100 ✭✭

Hi,
    I'm researching this as an option for career.
    I'm thinking that Home Ec with RE would be fairly common.
    If I was to do Home Ec with Economics, would I also be qualified to teach Business.? I understand from other posters that it Economics is sometimes called consumer studies so not sure if that makes a diff.

I would rather do ok of these options as opposed to Irish or Biology.

Would love to hear from teachers, Home Ec teachers or ppl considering this course

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 101 ✭✭amyleaving

Hi i am hoping to do this course, are you applying next year or did you put it on your cao? i am nearly certain that you can teach business to junior cert and economics to leaving cert :)

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,236 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Jobs wise, the Home Ec. will swing it.

As regards the elective, every school offers Religion, some as an exam subject. Economics is not widespread and there is an over supply of business teachers.

Home Ec. and RE, though you'll probably only teach Home Ec..

If you had a very good standard of Irish, Home Ec. and Irish and you could almost pick your own job.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 ryancooney

Hi,
    I'm researching this as an option for career.
    I'm thinking that Home Ec with RE would be fairly common.
    If I was to do Home Ec with Economics, would I also be qualified to teach Business.? I understand from other posters that it Economics is sometimes called consumer studies so not sure if that makes a diff.

I would rather do ok of these options as opposed to Irish or Biology.

Would love to hear from teachers, Home Ec teachers or ppl considering this course

Thanks in advance

Well what really matters is what interests you.There's no point choosing religion if you don't have any interest.I'd be of the opinion economics would look better to employers/may benefit you more in your life,but each to their own.

Advertisement