Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

guy going door to door

Options
  • 11-08-2012 8:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6,258 ✭✭✭

Howdy all,
    Apologies if I am totally wrong here, but I got a knock about six this evening in trim and the dude reminded me of a thread I was randomly reading in the waterford city forum. Matched exact description. I'm on phone so cannot link but if you visit waterproof city forum, thread about guy going door to door, have a read and see who knocks on your door next couple of hours and days.

Apologies if you are the charitable soul and doing good work, but better safe and all that. If its genuine, I will donate online, though I cannot find the particular club online. Strange.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,997 ✭✭✭Adyx

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional North East Moderators Posts: 10,869 Mod ✭✭✭✭PauloMN

Archeron wrote: »
    Howdy all,
    Apologies if I am totally wrong here, but I got a knock about six this evening in trim and the dude reminded me of a thread I was randomly reading in the waterford city forum. Matched exact description. I'm on phone so cannot link but if you visit waterproof city forum, thread about guy going door to door, have a read and see who knocks on your door next couple of hours and days.

Apologies if you are the charitable soul and doing good work, but better safe and all that. If its genuine, I will donate online, though I cannot find the particular club online. Strange.

St. Josephs boxing club by any chance? If so, the same chap called here. Can't find any St. Josephs boxing club anywhere around here, at least not online.

I'd never give a penny to anyone at the door aside from sponsorships for neighbours/kids I know. If I don't know the person, I just give a polite "no thanks" even if they claim to be from a well known charity. I've a few monthly subs to charities which are safe and easy to manage, at least you know the money is going to the charity directly.

Advertisement