Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Faux Fur Schoolbag?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 311 ✭✭Straycat

hmm, loves my faux fur! recently saw a large messanger type faux fur bag in claires. also saw another one though slightly smaller so may not suit the purpose in tkmaxx.

if you did get the material im sure it would be dead easy to attach it to a school bag, it would be easier to handsew if it was constructed of a fabric rather than a vinyl or pleather bag. it would be a simple case of cutting material to size, placing it where you want and tiny stiches.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭PurpleVintage

I saw one in claires too, not exactly what I wanted but it was fine... then I looked at the opening and there was no zip, just a measley button! Asked the lady how i'd keep the rain out so it wouldnt ruin my books, she said I wouldnt be able to.
    Thanks for telling me about tkmaxx though, i'll check the website just in case!

Yeah, see I've been looking for videos or tutorials on how to handsew/stitch fur onto something but didn't find anything. Heck, if someone can tell me if glue works, and what type of blue, i'll go for it! Just need something that doesnt require a machine :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 334 ✭✭gillapino

Hey ! Just to let you know most glues would work, strong one and extra strong or even wood glue, i can recommend Bostik as being very good, But have used many different types for college projects, sticking materials together and different textures to cardboard and all stuck really well, Apply glue to both surfaces and make sure it gets a bit tacky before sticking, You could buy a metre or two of fur from a material shop and a cheap bag and just experiment :) good luck !

• Closed Accounts Posts: 199 ✭✭PurpleVintage

Yay thanks :D I'll do that! I've been looking for waterproof permanent fabric glue the whole day so your comment saved me :P ebay time!

Advertisement