Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Should I pull this damn tooth out myself?

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

michellie wrote: »
    That would be handy cos I'm in Waterford, see you in the airport in 30 mins?

Call for me?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 215 ✭✭Pensivepuca

Fairytalegirl- I owe you. I dont even know what an abcess is exactly, but my tooth has gone tits up regardless of whats wrong. I am going to call the hospital now see there advice on it. There is a dentists on great james street? Never knew. I have no tramadol but cant take it anyway, side effects

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

Fairytalegirl- I owe you. I dont even know what an abcess is exactly, but my tooth has gone tits up regardless of whats wrong. I am going to call the hospital now see there advice on it. There is a dentists on great james street? Never knew. I have no tramadol but cant take it anyway, side effects

First time AH has actually solved a problem for someone ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

Yup just opposite the health centre on gt Jamses St.

Swilling whiskey or vodka round the tooth numbs it for a few mins - but even those wee minutes of relief are amazing!

mattjack wrote: »
    First time AH has actually solved a problem for someone ?

Do you know, I think it is :eek:

I was going to point the OP towards the dental forum but thats no fun.

Mattjack- if so this calls for a celebration. Though seriously, why do tooth aches hurt so much? I broke many bones before, rather break my ankle again than this half tooth nightmare.

Mattjack- if so this calls for a celebration. Though seriously, why do tooth aches hurt so much? I broke many bones before, rather break my ankle again than this half tooth nightmare.

Theres no worse pain...except maybe giving birth ;)

There is a dental forum? I looked for a health section but it said not to post any medical queries so I dumped my thread here ffs.

I think he's talking to you Mattjack.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6 Evidemment

my memories of extractions involve the necessity of someone to hold me down. and thats with anaestetic.
    so youll be needing some assistance.

There is a dental forum? I looked for a health section but it said not to post any medical queries so I dumped my thread here ffs.

http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/forumdisplay.php?f=627

Way better advice in here :D

I think so too!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

syndeyfife wrote: »
    If I were you id get some anbesol, i was using it every 5 minutes, really worked (for those 5 minutes)

Follow this advice ffs. Anbesol is an actual anaesthetic with the active ingredient benzOCAINE.

I called the hospital just to see. They said if its bad to come down because of my heart problem any dental problem impacts it. Got no ride to the hospital, no taxi money either, I will go over 1st thing in the morning.

Birds are so smug, no teeth to worry about. Feathery balls of smugness.

Birds are so smug, no teeth to worry about. Feathery balls of smugness.

Some rough lookin' women in Derry ?

• Advertisement

Follow this advice ffs. Anbesol is an actual anaesthetic with the active ingredient benzOCAINE.

if its nerve pain that **** is the worst stuff you could use, trust me, Ive been there, done the screaming :eek:

ginger is good mush a bit up and apply it like paste on area thats sore.
    helps a little bit.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

Jake1 wrote: »
    if its nerve pain that **** is the worst stuff you could use, trust me, Ive been there, done the screaming :eek:

If it's nerve pain anbesol is the best thing you could use, trust me I've been there and felt the relief!
    If you think you have a cavity or if you feel a pain in your mouth (dull, sharp or otherwise), visit your dentist immediately for proper diagnosis and treatment. In the meantime, for instant toothache pain relief, try doctor recommended Anbesol® Maximum Strength in gel and liquid form.

http://www.anbesol.com/tooth

Mattjack- depends on your taste. If ye like orange tan then you would like these ones. Jake1 -ginger! Thats one thing I do have. I will try it now.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 865 ✭✭✭A Disgrace

A disgrace - my friend suggested that tooth paste idea, I nearly screamed when I touched my tooth, I think its a pure bear nerve or something, doing anything to it is hell. On dental hospitals, honestly not sure, off to google with me.

Bear with it, it will get easier each time you apply it because the numbing is setting in. First time is horrible, but it got me through a nasty incident when I bit down on a horizontal sesame stick and it split my tooth in two and wedged itself into the root

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭pirelli

Quayside, not even sure if I called them, but I will keep them in mind. If its still as bad on Sunday I might go down to the hospital. I have a heart condition so the hospital dentists be all over ya, hopefully they will do something, or I will wait till Monday. Clove oil to be got tomorrow. No whiskey, a shame.

Just go to any dentist 8.30am mon morn or ring emergency and they will deal with it. Try using cool water and take a gulp and let it sit for few seconds it might numb the pain. Then do it again and again.

The pain will subside and give you a break, then get some sleep. You can mix neurophen and solphadine as they are different ingredients so you get a better hit. Maybe grind some up and place on tooth.

If all else fails go for a jog/cycle and work up a sweat and the pain might subside as you cool off. Once the pain goes just sleep.

• Advertisement

If it's nerve pain anbesol is the best thing you could use, trust me I've been there and felt the relief!

jaze when I used it, it felt like someone hammered a red hot ice pick into my brain.

wouldnt touch the stuff.:D

Tooth pain is an awful torture altogether. I had problems a few weeks ago with wisdom teeth, by Jaze was I hurtin!! :)

And Im lucky enough to have good pain killing meds,difene tylex but even they took their time the pain was so bad.

A disgrace - my friend suggested that tooth paste idea, I nearly screamed when I touched my tooth, I think its a pure bear nerve or something, doing anything to it is hell. On dental hospitals, honestly not sure, off to google with me.
    A Disgrace wrote: »
    Bear with it, it will get easier each time you apply it because the numbing is setting in. First time is horrible, but it got me through a nasty incident when I bit down on a horizontal sesame stick and it split my tooth in two and wedged itself into the root

http://www.cuantocabron.com/images/templates/mother-of-god-template.jpg

OP, sorry if already asked this question, but could you not get a lift down to dublin to the Dental hospital.?

better than waiting till monday.

You poor aul thing ye, I feel for you

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Can't believe Matt is being lauded as a hero, after all my warnings.

This feels so wrong!!! :confused:

Can't believe Matt is being lauded as a hero, after all my warnings.

This feels so wrong!!! :confused:

I'm having a ' WTF ' moment.
    Teyla have you been sniffin' Tippex again ?

Jake1 - Dublin? Thats about 4hrs away depending on traffic and all. I can go to my local hospital but I need to wait till morning for a bus, no money for a taxi ya see.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 255 ✭✭cat_xx

Heat up some seasame oil and put it on the tooth.. it works wonders!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,426 ✭✭✭italodisco

okay, if you can get Tramadol then you are on to a winner but be warned, i was given it in hospital and after 30 mins i got what can only be described as a vertigo sensation for a while which made me get sick, after that i bloody hallucinated lol......but boy oh boy does that stuff work!!

Also worth a mention is Valium , Zanax and Anxicalm....If you have any family or friends with a touch of anxiety etc they might have some to give you, believe me the pain will probably get worse with all the stress and anxiety over the whole situation...

And finally , i know i said i got a tooth out the other day without anesthetic
    but that was by choice....Ive had an awful fear of dentist/doctors for a few years, i either get close to a panic attack or fainting whilst in a waiting room..It was me deciding to face a fear , the decision to do it without any injection was to prove to myself that no matter how painful it is i will still walk away ....Was the best thing i ever did, fear has been conquered...

Best of luck with the tooth, i feel for ya, ive been there and its worse than any broken bone ive ever had lol ...

Stay calm, remember theres people out there with worse conditions surviving, you'll get there in the end...sooner rather than later i hope !!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

I'm having a ' WTF ' moment.
    Teyla have you been sniffin' Tippex again ?

You are the one who was talking to yourself a few posts back.

Or do I have you all wrong and you're actually trying to do good, for once Matt? Give a little back to the world etc?!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 12,806 ✭✭✭✭KeithM89_old

Sorry OP, no (more) medical advice allowed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement