Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

People and their odd behaviour/habits

• 11-08-2012 9:44pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 120 ✭✭

Was talking to a few people earlier and someone brought up an aul fella who used to live on the road where I grew up. He used to come out early in the morning, say 7-8am ever day and stroke the lamppost outside of his house. We used to see this every day for years when going to school.

Any other stories?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,641 ✭✭✭Teyla Emmagan

Well, to be honest I doubt anyone will be able to top that one.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I Love Lamp

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,629 ✭✭✭TheBody

ciaburkie wrote: »
    Was talking to a few people earlier and someone brought up an aul fella who used to live on the road where I grew up. He used to come out early in the morning, say 7-8am ever day and stroke the lamppost outside of his house. We used to see this every day for years when going to school.

Any other stories?

Are you sure that was his lamp post he was stroking!! :pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,096 ✭✭✭✭the groutch

ciaburkie wrote: »
    Was talking to a few people earlier and someone brought up an aul fella who used to live on the road where I grew up. He used to "come out" early in the morning, say 7-8am ever day and stroke the lamppost outside of his house. We used to see this every day for years when going to school.

Any other stories?

so he wasnt using his hands then :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

There's a guy in Galway called the Flash. He tended to be around the GMIT area quite a bit. Middle aged guy in a coat that would WOO HOO lads all over the place in this really high pitched ridiculous voice and when you'd look he'd flash a bra at you! He'd talk nonsense a bit as well sometimes.

Edit: To take out a kind of sad one.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,443 ✭✭✭Bipolar Joe

I murder people.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

there was a fella on the dart years ago that used to walk/move his mouth like mick jagger and lick the poles

another fella was a mute and used to try chat up the women folk with a notepad and pen

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 25,775 ✭✭✭✭kfallon

We're all weird in our own little ways, don't be so judgemental :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 969 ✭✭✭some random drunk

I was in the market square in Dundalk one night last winter and this one guy got completely naked, right there in public. Then his mate whips out a camera and starts taking his picture!? Bunch of weirdos :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

I was in the market square in Dundalk one night last winter and this one guy got completely naked, right there in public. Then his mate whips out a camera and starts taking his picture!? Bunch of weirdos :pac:

Wearing a Santa hat???? ya, heard about him :D

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,205 ✭✭✭Bad Panda

another fella was a mute and used to try chat up the women folk with a notepad and pen

Fair play to him. Plenty of people who can talk who don't have the stones to start a conversation with a girl.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 663 ✭✭✭FairytaleGirl

A woman who used to live next door to us used to Hoover her house gutters (seriously - from the upstairs windows) and get down on her hands and knees and cut her grass with scissors after the lawn mower - to 'make sure it was even'

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Hes still around, saw him on one of the 31/32 buses a few months ago.

I used to see him on the dart going/coming from school around 6 years ago now, he was a picky fella, there was a good looking woman (who admittedly was starting to show signs of age and had the look of a woman who likes sunbeds too much) with her back to him, from behind she looked like any 20 something year old, he walked up to her, looked around her shoulder at her face, did a double take, scrunched his nose, shook his head and went looking for someone better further down the carriage :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

Martyn1989 wrote: »
    Hes still around, saw him on one of the 31/32 buses a few months ago.

I used to see him on the dart going/coming from school around 6 years ago now, he was a picky fella, there was a good looking woman (who admittedly was starting to show signs of age and had the look of a woman who likes sunbeds too much) with her back to him, from behind she looked like any 20 something year old, he walked up to her, looked around her shoulder at her face, did a double take, scrunched his nose, shook his head and went looking for someone better further down the carriage :D

he lives in kilbarrack

Advertisement