Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Yellow light on PS3-Advice!

Options
  • 11-08-2012 10:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,666 ✭✭✭

Yellow light of death on PS3 does anyone know anyone in Tralee who fixes them or what I should do with it?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 33,733 ✭✭✭✭Myrddin

If its anything other than a 60GB launch model, buy a new one. If its a 60GB launch model, have it reballed.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 358 ✭✭mcpaddington

It's very easy to fix, just take it apart and apply new thermal compound.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 80,302 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sephiroth_dude

EnterNow wrote: »
    If its anything other than a 60GB launch model, buy a new one. If its a 60GB launch model, have it reballed.

any idea how much that would cost?

It's very easy to fix, just take it apart and apply new thermal compound.

Yeah, if only.

You need specialized equipment to fix this properly, a home DIY fix doesn't exist. The thermal compound replacement is a good preventative measure, but if you've got the YLOD then the damage is already done.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,123 ✭✭✭Staplor

Got mine done for 70 quid, not local to Tralee though, find a pc repair shop, most do it

• Advertisement

Staplor wrote: »
    Got mine done for 70 quid, not local to Tralee though, find a pc repair shop, most do it

Again, check the type of repair. A reball is the accepted near/permanent fix, a reflow is not expected to last quite as long. Very few places I know offering an actual reball, most are reflow type repairs.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,511 ✭✭✭pah

handed mine(60GB launch) into i-electron last friday, waiting 3-5 days and €115 for a proper reball. It was €95 for a reflow.

Have a nice 250GB HDD waiting to go in when I get it back.

• Registered Users Posts: 648 ✭✭✭Neo#

Same thing happened to mine a few weeks ago. Just bought a new one!

Advertisement