Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

What couldn't you bear to eat once but love now?

2»

Comments

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Tomatoes
    Olives (green and black)
    Garlic
    Cauliflower
    Salads

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 14,538 ✭✭✭✭retalivity

cheese. and anything of which cheese is an ingredient, including pizza & lasagne.

I had the first pizza of my life last year at the age of 27. id eat one a day now if i could get away with it...

Soondae (Korean blood sausage made from intestines). I lived in korea for a year and wouldnt touch it, now i'd suck it out of a dirty tramps arsehole.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

retalivity wrote: »
    I had the first pizza of my life last year at the age of 27. id eat one a day now if i could get away with it...
    Well you have a lot of catching up to do so go nuts. And nothing's better than a nice fresh pizza from a decent pizzeria.

Anytime I'm in Italy, I always get a lot of stick from my friends because I eat nothing but pizza. I'm aware there's more to Italy than that but I just can't help myself.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,561 ✭✭✭Martyn1989

Well you have a lot of catching up to do so go nuts. And nothing's better than a nice fresh pizza from a decent pizzeria.

Anytime I'm in Italy, I always get a lot of stick from my friends because I eat nothing but pizza. I'm aware there's more to Italy than that but I just can't help myself.

The only thing worse then a man eating nothing but pizza in Italy is a man telling you what you should have for dinner on your holidays

• Registered Users Posts: 1,096 ✭✭✭Reiketsu

Peppers and onions are my most recent thing. Tried mushrooms again recently but still hate them. I didn't eat pasta of any sort or rice until I was 20. Still don't eat most veg. I was a nightmare to cook for as a child :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 19,749 ✭✭✭✭grey_so_what

I'm starving reading this thread.

:(........

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 12,908 Mod ✭✭✭✭JupiterKid

Cock...:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 502 ✭✭✭Notorioux

coleslaw, onions and tomatoes! can't live without them now.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

lee3155 wrote: »
    Good ol' sausages, used to hate them as a kid but now I'm addicted to them!

I'm the reverse. I used to like sausages but now I don't. I've gotten really fussy about meat as I've gotten older.

I wouldn't touch a supermarket product like quiche, pizza, lasagne etc with meat in it because they put the most disgusting left-overs into them.

Won't eat a burger out of a chipper because the meat is creepy. Has to be (Irish) chicken or fish.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,473 ✭✭✭Wacker The Attacker

pussy

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,930 ✭✭✭Jimoslimos

syndeyfife wrote: »
    I hate rare steak, my dad eats it like that and you can see his mash getting blood stained....Its absolutely disgusting. I used to eat it cremated, but now i like it medium well. Any blood and Ill fooking slap whoever made it with said steak
    You do know that the red liquid from rare steak isn't actually blood? It's myoglobin.

Mine were,

Rare steak
    Cheese
    Mushrooms

Still hate raw tomatoes though!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,306 ✭✭✭✭gammygils

Coleslaw! It even sounded horrible

Thought it smelt like paint!

Absolutely love it now (40 years later!) Have it on Chips, in sandwiches,
    Even on Toast! Love It!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,698 ✭✭✭Topper Harley

Won't eat a burger out of a chipper because the meat is creepy. Has to be (Irish) chicken or fish.
    I assume burgers from Chuck's Diner are an exception to this rule?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 13,030 ✭✭✭✭Chuck Stone

I assume burgers from Chuck's Diner are an exception to this rule?

100% Irish minced steak sourced by me personally. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,705 ✭✭✭Johro

Peanut butter sandwiches. Having some now.
    Though I'm lying about 'couldn't bear to eat once'.
    Always liked 'em.

• Advertisement
Advertisement