Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Are we glorifiying Katie taylor because we did crap in the UEFA tournament?

• 11-08-2012 11:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 381 ✭✭

Okay, first and foremost, well done Katie taylor, but to be honest it's starting to get on my nerves when every newspaper headline, every ad break on television, and half the country hasn't shut up about her over the past week. I'm sure it's a proud accomplishment for her, but is the winner of women's boxing in the Olympics really that worthy to be in receipt of an almost god like status, as opposed to a simple well done compliment? Half the time, I think we haven't shut up about this because we are still feeling so badly about our performance in the UEFA 2012 tournament.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,109 ✭✭✭RikkFlair

NO. We were never likely to get out of that group anyway.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

dttq wrote: »
    Okay, first and foremost, well done Katie taylor, but to be honest it's starting to get on my nerves when every newspaper headline, every ad break on television, and half the country hasn't shut up about her over the past week. I'm sure it's a proud accomplishment for her, but is the winner of women's boxing in the Olympics really that worthy to be in receipt of an almost god like status, as opposed to a simple well done compliment? Half the time, I think we haven't shut up about this because we are still feeling so badly about our performance in the UEFA 2012 tournament.

Are'nt you a negative little bunny :)

Rejoice!!!! Be happy.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,389 ✭✭✭mattjack

I'm thinking its cause Katie looks better than Sean st Ledger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭Jesus Shaves

Blatant I know nothing about football post

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,689 ✭✭✭Tombi!

No.
    She's the best in the world.

If you feel different, pick a fight with her.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,570 ✭✭✭Ulysses Gaze

Maybe we're applauding one of the few genuine World Class athletes we have, who has dominated in her sport for 5 or so years and has just capped off her career with a Gold medal?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,253 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Yup, it's awful to applaud a world class boxing champion rather than acknowledge our terrible soccer team.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,044 ✭✭✭gcgirl

No.
    She's the best in the world.

If you feel different, pick a fight with her.
    Exactly this answer :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,199 ✭✭✭Shryke

She's one of the greatest boxers to ever come from Ireland. World no. 1, and she just one an Olympic Gold medal.

I don't give a crap about soccer OP, so take how you feel about Katie Taylor and apply that feeling to all the soccer crap going on all the time, every day, forever, and welcome to my world.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,459 ✭✭✭Chucken

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Yup, it's awful to applaud a world class boxing champion rather than acknowledge our terrible soccer team.

Notice the OP said womens boxing ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,815 ✭✭✭✭galwayrush

Well done to Katie, she did us proud, end of argument,.:cool:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,473 ✭✭✭✭Super-Rush

Quit with the trolling.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement