Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gaming specs HELP/OPINIONS!

Options
  • 12-08-2012 12:16am
    Registered Users Posts: 34

Well I'm about to purchase a gaming computer off Vibox, an English site, and I want to run these specs by you all.

Please let me know if the specs are good and most importantly is it worth the money.
    The price will include postage to Ireland and Tax

Standard Manufacturer Heatsink Fan
    1 x 24x DVD-RW Optical Drive
    CIT Blue Vantage Gaming Case
    1 x 1TB (1000GB) Sata III Hard Drive
    8GB Crucial Ballistix 1333MHz RAM
    NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 SE 1GB Graphics Card
    Gigabyte GA-78LMT-S2P Motherboard
    3.6GHz AMD FX-4100 4-Core CPU
    No Operating System
    Xigmatek 600W PSU

Or I may get a NVidia GeFroce GTX 560Ti 1GB Graphics card for £197 instead of the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560 SE 1GB Graphics Card.
    PLEASE HELP ME DECIDE

Grand Total Excl. Tax £412.02
    Grand Total Incl. Tax £494.42

£494.42 / 631.086 Euro

Please help.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,600 ✭✭✭Eboggles

You should think about self-building instead of getting a prenuilt desktop.

You'll save more money, and you'll have a stronger system overall.

Have a look in the stickies for the form to fill out so we can help you get the best PC for your needs.

• Registered Users Posts: 34 BenMcCabe

The thing is I don't know anything about building PC's or much about PC specs.

BenMcCabe wrote: »
    The thing is I don't know anything about building PC's or much about PC specs.

You don't need to; if you just fill out the form we'll sort out a build for you and have it ready to go for you to buy. The website that is used here also offers a build service so it'd be plug-in-and-play.

Could you send me a link please?
    Also how quick would I get a quote?

I found it, but do I just make a new thread with the format?

1. What is your budget? [€xxx]

2. What will be the main purpose of the computer? [Gaming/Video editing/3D Modelling/HTPC/Internet] (If gaming include which games)

3. Do you need a copy of Windows? [Yes/No]

4. Can you use any parts from an old computer? [Hard drive/DVD Drive/Case/PSU/etc.] (If possible state brand and model of the parts to ensure compatibility)

5. Do you need a monitor? [Yes/No]

5a. If yes, what size do you need. [19'/20'/22'/24'/etc.]

5b. If no, what resolution is your current monitor and do you plan to upgrade in the near future? [1920x1080/1440x900/etc.] [Yes/No]

6. Do you need any of these peripherals? [Keyboard/Mouse/Wireless Card/Card Reader/Speakers/etc.]

7. Are you willing to try overclocking? [Yes/No]

8. How can you pay? [Bank Transfer/Credit Card/Laser]

9. When are you purchasing? [In x days]

10. If you need help building it, where are you based? [South Dublin City/Cork City/Kerry/etc.]

• Advertisement

That's the one, you can just post it in this thread.

It's getting late so I won't be able to post a build, but I'll be on it in the morning.

If anyone wants to help this gentleman out in the meantime it'd be greatly appreciated.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,224 ✭✭✭Procrastastudy

Don't buy anything less than a 660ti from nVidia the old 5 series has had it.

Advertisement