Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Air con Regas/leak test

Options
  • 12-08-2012 2:53am
    Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows anywhere that does this cheap enough. Been quoted €100+ in the garage I usually use.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 837 ✭✭✭Robotack

Hi, just wondering if anyone knows anywhere that does this cheap enough. Been quoted €100+ in the garage I usually use.

Thanks

Fast Fit are doing it for €39 in all their branches. I was happy with them.

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

Loads of local places (such as Micksgarage.ie) do DIY test and replenishment kits. You may have to google to find where the AC nipple is (some of them definitely aren't obvious)- but at 1/4 to half what a garage will charge you, its a bit of a no-brainer.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I definitely need a proper leak test done though and maybe a pipe replaced cos the previous owner never refilled and it's been broken a while.

It was just a basic Regas with no leak test in fastfit yes?

Thanks

No, fastfit did a 20 minute vacuum test too.

• Registered Users Posts: 396 ✭✭Hailhail1967

Go to halfords, buy the kit and do it yourself.

@.

• Advertisement

@.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,310 ✭✭✭Technoprisoner

@.

im afraid this doesnt work best... the reason for regassing the system is because the gas is no longer there and has been replaced by air...in order for this to be anyway effective the system needs to be in vacume state so it can be fully filled with the refigerant... now if the system is full of air how is an aerosol going to be able to fill the system....if you want the job done properly bring it to a garage.

im afraid this doesnt work best... the reason for regassing the system is because the gas is no longer there and has been replaced by air...in order for this to be anyway effective the system needs to be in vacume state so it can be fully filled with the refigerant... now if the system is full of air how is an aerosol going to be able to fill the system....if you want the job done properly bring it to a garage.

I'm guessing you work in a garage?

Assuming you do not have a major leak it works perfectly. Have 5 cars in the family which have used the product on both older (1992) and newer (2009) cars and all have worked perfectly. In the case of two cars the air con was not working at all and is perfect since.

I'm guessing you work in a garage?

Assuming you do not have a major leak it works perfectly. Have 5 cars in the family which have used the product on both older (1992) and newer (2009) cars and all have worked perfectly. In the case of two cars the air con was not working at all and is perfect since.

My buddy spent the money on the Halfords kit. (€40) I think at the time. He used it and it all pee'd out as he had a leak he didn't know about.

My point is that if you use a garage you get it done right / get a diagnosis if nothing else. My buddy ended up throwing good money after bad!

Robotack wrote: »
    My buddy spent the money on the Halfords kit. (€40) I think at the time. He used it and it all pee'd out as he had a leak he didn't know about.

My point is that if you use a garage you get it done right / get a diagnosis if nothing else. My buddy ended up throwing good money after bad!

So your buddy had a bad experience. The product works, it works very well and it saves money.

Of course if your worried go to a garage, but that goes for literally any service we pay for. You pay someone to paint your house, I do it myself kinda thing.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 32,285 Mod ✭✭✭✭The_Conductor

I'll vouch for it- it works, and it works damn well.......

• Registered Users Posts: 1,797 ✭✭✭mp3ireland2

smccarrick wrote: »
    I'll vouch for it- it works, and it works damn well.......

How much is a were the kits you got?

http://www.halfords.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/product_storeId_11101_catalogId_15551_productId_812353_langId_-1_categoryId_212466

is the only one I can see? Does this price include a surcharge that you can refund? or is that just in the uk? Cheaper to get it done in Fast fit by the looks of things!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

cheaper to get it done professionally. the diy kit doesnt measure the volume of gas in the system. Doesnt check for leaks and doesnt come with oil.
    Nor can it test how cool your system is.

Advertisement