Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Wednesday Storm (15/08):MOD WARNING #626 High Winds + Heavy Rain/Flooding Likely

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,324 ✭✭✭sunbabe08

deank, you were at the opposite end of the storm wall to me. i'll upload video later when i find a usb cable :D soaked to the skin earlier. :D great fun, did see a couple of kids walk along the boardwalk and the cliff. :rolleyes: lifeguards running/slipping all over the place.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

sunbabe08 wrote: »
    deank, you were at the opposite end of the storm wall to me. i'll upload video later when i find a usb cable :D soaked to the skin earlier. :D great fun, did see a couple of kids walk along the boardwalk and the cliff. :rolleyes: lifeguards running/slipping all over the place.

When I was up there the Lifeguards were trying to close off the board-walk with plastic tape, there were a few silly people getting too close, I don't think I'll venture that close later, it'll be a little too dangerous. We could see parents with kids looking over the sea wall opposite the Walter Raleigh, waves were coming in at about 20ft high, some people just don't think!!!:eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 7,238 ✭✭✭Deank

• Registered Users Posts: 998 ✭✭✭dharma200

DSCF1970.jpg

Beautiful blue skies here in Galway near Tuam, tho very windy. This tree in the field next to the house just collapsed though.. lots of trees around the house eek.......

• Registered Users Posts: 4,811 ✭✭✭thomasj

Folks is Dublin over the worst not that it was that bad anyway.But it seems to have calmed down a lot around Artane

Im out in St Vincents Hospital , Dublin 4 and the wind is picking up over the last hour , but seems that Dublin escaped the worst of this storm.

DART services are suspended between Lansdowne road and run laoghaire due to a fallen tree on the line.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,224 ✭✭✭Walkman

Evening Herald says worst storm in 25 years. Did I miss something?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,134 ✭✭✭✭maquiladora

Walkman wrote: »
    Evening Herald says worst storm in 25 years. Did I miss something?

Newspapers are awful when it comes to reporting about the weather. Just stick with met.ie or the forecasts on RTE after the news!

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭Dazza

Started raining + I can hear tunder , in east cork

• Registered Users Posts: 5,068 ✭✭✭Iancar29

Dazza wrote: »

Yup you have indeed!... Lucky feckers!

Nice hook shape to it too !! :eek:

217150.png

:O :O :O Waterspout surely!!

430340_10151173040311718_722436137_n.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,700 ✭✭✭Mountainsandh

Goway with that thing, I got enough the other day, hope it doesn't veer our way :D (East)

• Registered Users Posts: 28,404 ✭✭✭✭vicwatson

Storm Damage :)

34g7xgg.jpg

Tee hee ! :D

283813_10151023306473152_979869518_n.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 6,286 ✭✭✭emo72

here in lucan. it got a bit calmer around 1700, but between 1800 and now the gusts have picked up big time. a major howler now

• Registered Users Posts: 14,287 ✭✭✭✭leahyl

Iancar29 wrote: »
    Dazza wrote: »

Yup you have indeed!... Lucky feckers!

Nice hook shape to it too !! :eek:

217150.png

Is that big red blob heading for Cork City?! :-O

• Registered Users Posts: 629 ✭✭✭cotton

Just home from work, definately not over in Greystones yet, very strong winds here.

leahyl wrote: »
    Is that big red blob heading for Cork City?! :-O

No Sowi.. :o ... Its now over Lismore... Intensified even more but has lost its hook shape to it. about 15 strikes registered from it.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,018 ✭✭✭✭adox

Home in Rush now and the winds are quite strong and gusty but there are clear blue skies overhead at the moment.

• Registered Users Posts: 502 ✭✭✭nerrad1983

Likewise in Newtownmountkennedy Co.Wicklow

The wind at the moment has been the strongest its been all day

• Registered Users Posts: 813 ✭✭✭largepants

Feckin leccy gone. Must have been lightning because its not that stormy.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 15,515 ✭✭✭✭admiralofthefleet

has gotten very windy here in arklow. still very little in the way of rain and was very sunny for a while earlier

• Closed Accounts Posts: 148 ✭✭shooter57

after a warm day and a bit sunny , not too windy , the winds has started to pick up here in Tallaght . major wind now . I can see trees bending and wind has a howl to it. Rain is starting now too . sky is quite dark also .

edit: after a spell of about ten mins of major wind it seems to have just stopped !
    Friends in Southeast reported heavy rain but not too much wind today.

• Registered Users Posts: 777 ✭✭✭H2UMrsRobinson

http://db.tt/EeQrdK4Q

It does actually look like an eye on the satellite image.

Trees are starting to bend over backwards a little bit.:p

• Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Not much happened in Sandyford or Rathmines after the initial rain this morning.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,138 ✭✭✭snaps

Mayo usually windest county all year round, but today its the calmest.

The Lee is high in Cork , but doesn't look like it will flood at the moment.

4755cc22e6ff11e1900e22000a1cbaa0_7.jpg

• Registered Users Posts: 768 ✭✭✭Victor Meldrew

There was a tree down on Torquay road , Foxrock and the ones outside my house look a bit stressed. Summer storms are hard on trees as they have a full compliment of leaves. Other than that, remarkably little debris around.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,796 ✭✭✭lintdrummer

Got very gusty here in Leixlip/Maynooth over the past half hour and plenty of rain with it too. Brightening up again now. Not a particularly consistent storm this one!

• Advertisement

Flood warning for Fermoy tonight according to All About Fermoy.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement