Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ladder stand-off

• 12-08-2012 10:55am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭

Folks here who might know what I am talking about may be able to help me.

I am trying to buy a ladder stand-off in the Dublin area. Other than B&Q (where one costs €54.50) is there anywhere else one could buy one (and cheaper would also help!). Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 204 ✭✭Mr NoTV

Try Homebase. The UK site lists the item and says there are four stores in the Dublin area.
    A colleague bought his from a local builders merchant in Sligo who had the thing in stock for years... nobody knew what it was or what it was for [even though there was a photo on the box] so he got the thing for next to nothing. I would expect it to be around the €50 region in Homebase too, their £ to € conversion is wild.
    Good luck ... and wise move too, they are an essential safety item to avoid back arch overbalance.

http://www.homebase.co.uk/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10151&catalogId=1500001201&langId=110&searchTerms=ladder+stand+off&authToken=

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,560 ✭✭✭Prenderb

You could try valentine ladders?

They have some here. Bit more expensive though, than you quoted.

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭kevinkmb36

ive noticed that these stand offs can really range in price... mostly around the €50 mark....
    but if there is a wickes store near you, they have the exact same one for €30 ..i got one in limerick earlier in the year...its that price all year round.hope this helps...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,050 ✭✭✭wait4me

Thanks Prenderb - Valentines (online) sorted me out for €35 and it was even used this evening!

Advertisement