Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

RIP Sid Waddell

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭StephenHendry

RIP Sid, he was the voice of darts on both the beeb and Sky. he was one of the reasons that darts became so popular on tv, and his commentary for me drew me to the game when i was growing up. a true legend and won't be replaced.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,013 ✭✭✭mirwillbeback

A great man, and he was the driving force of getting darts to where it is today.

" 'e musta felt like tweetie pie in an air gun factory, unda constant pressha "

• Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

R.I.P. Sid - you will be sadly missed !

http://www.dartoidsworld.com/columns/436.html

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,980 ✭✭✭Degag

The World Championship trophy is to be re-commissioned and called the "Sid Waddell Memorial" according to SSN.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 692 ✭✭✭CUCINA

Quite saddened to hear this news yesterday.

Sid was the one who really got me interested in darts in the early 80's, probably the peak period for darts coverage on the BBC.

I wrote to him once, sometime around then, complimenting him on his jokes and also about how my friend and I were speculating what part of England he was from, having a guess at Newcastle.

I was surprised some days later to receive a hand-written letter back in the post from him, with a signed photo.
    He thanked me for the kind comments and told me where he was from. (I forget off-hand where he said...still have the letter...somewhere!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,413 ✭✭✭Dartgod

Another great tribute to Sid - -
    http://www.dartoidsworld.com/columns/HR74.html

• Registered Users Posts: 45 tcite

R.I.P. Sid. Funeral is today.

Advertisement