Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Late Pubs / Clubs in Skerries Recommendations?

Options
  • 12-08-2012 12:33pm
    Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I'm organising a stag party and we're planning on going for food & drinks in Skerries.

For the food I was thinking of the Windmill Seafood & Steakhouse Restaurant: good reviews here and the menu seems spot on.

For drinks afterwards, it's a little harder. I've found a thread here that recommends Blue Bar. Any idea if it opens late though? Not much either way on their website. Ideally we'd prefer not to have to finish up at 12! Or maybe there's other spots that open late?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,050 ✭✭✭✭eh i dunno

ixoy wrote: »
    I'm organising a stag party and we're planning on going for food & drinks in Skerries.

For the food I was thinking of the Windmill Seafood & Steakhouse Restaurant: good reviews here and the menu seems spot on.

For drinks afterwards, it's a little harder. I've found a thread here that recommends Blue Bar. Any idea if it opens late though? Not much either way on their website. Ideally we'd prefer not to have to finish up at 12! Or maybe there's other spots that open late?

You could try Ollies which is next door to the windmill. Forget what time they close up at but after 1 as far as i can remember. Blue closes around 1.30 i think. You could always head to the nightclub around the corner from Blue called Shags. Think its still open or even head down to Balbriggan for late beers after Blue

• Registered Users Posts: 22,775 ✭✭✭✭The Hill Billy

The last I heard - Shags was closed. I could be wrong though.

• Registered Users Posts: 103 ✭✭AllyMcFearless

The last I heard - Shags was closed. I could be wrong though.

Shags has been closed for a few months now - Shame really.

• Registered Users Posts: 185 ✭✭CinammonGirl

Is it not open now as Shenanigans? Thought I saw that the other night when I was in Skerries.

• Registered Users Posts: 155 ✭✭PaulD77

Nope they changed the name back to Shenanigans after people complained about the name Shags, but as said below it has been closed for months now. it has been bought privately to be converted to residential.

I hear that Home in Balbriggan now has queues at the weekend with there being nowhere else to go in Skerries/Rush/Lusk/Balbriggan unless you go as far as Swords or Drogheda

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,993 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Well that's far too much hassle for a night club! Do any of the pubs then in Skerries operate a little late?

Advertisement