Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Need to prevent transfer of Eircom account to Pure

Options
  • 12-08-2012 12:46pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,209 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I'm trying to help my mother out here. A few weeks ago some Pure salespeople got my mother to agree to a switch. Due to their rather confusing sales patter, she didn't actually realise what she was doing. She actually thought those guys were from Eircom. It was only when the switching letter arrived that she understood that she was switching providers. So now she is rather upset at being from her point of view tricked.

I've exchanged a few e-mails with Pure, which ended with them telling me...
    "No she is not in contract with Pure Telecom. If she wants to go back to Eircom, then she needs to give them a call and they will ask her for a Universal Account Number."

Can you help me to sort this out? Checking the status of the account and leavings things as they are if possible. I'll PM some details to Mark.

Ix.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 289 ✭✭eircom: James

ixtlan wrote: »
    Hi,

I'm trying to help my mother out here. A few weeks ago some Pure salespeople got my mother to agree to a switch. Due to their rather confusing sales patter, she didn't actually realise what she was doing. She actually thought those guys were from Eircom. It was only when the switching letter arrived that she understood that she was switching providers. So now she is rather upset at being from her point of view tricked.

I've exchanged a few e-mails with Pure, which ended with them telling me...
    "No she is not in contract with Pure Telecom. If she wants to go back to Eircom, then she needs to give them a call and they will ask her for a Universal Account Number."

Can you help me to sort this out? Checking the status of the account and leavings things as they are if possible. I'll PM some details to Mark.

Ix.

Hi Ix,

Thanks for the PM, Mark has forwarded the details on to me. The line has already transferred and the broadband may follow automatically. Due to the nature of the order that we need to place we'll have to get your mother to call into the 'winback' team on freephone 1800 566 366. It looks like you have all the correct info from the PM you sent us. The reason we need her to call is that it has to be verified verbally with the account holder and the call will be recorded for contract purposes. Even if you make the call and just have your mother present that should be fine. Apologies we can't do it for you here, it's just the red tape around moving from one company to another.

Regards

James

Advertisement