Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Things to do on a Sunday...

Options
  • 12-08-2012 1:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Any ideas? :P

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭MissRetro

I've always wanted to do the Cork City Gaol tour.. it seems like such a Sunday thing to do :D
    Has anyone been?

A pub lunch is another very Sunday sounding thing to me!

• Registered Users Posts: 2 scottishcork

Cork City Gaol :O Sounds interesting.. gonna take a look ;p

• Registered Users Posts: 3,029 ✭✭✭Rhys Essien

You could go to see Cork City v Blackburn Rovers starting now at Turners Cross.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,465 ✭✭✭✭cantdecide

MissRetro wrote: »
    I've always wanted to do the Cork City Gaol tour.. it seems like such a Sunday thing to do :D
    Has anyone been?

Ahuh. It's a crackin' activity if you're into that sort of thing. I lived with a Swede at one stage who always had friends coming to visit so I've done a lot of the local historic activities with them. I couldn't recommend getting on the tourist buses and doing the local sights enough. Especially to Corkonians...

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Chad_Fantastics

And if you want, you can combine the sunday lunch idea with the gaol idea by hitting Annie's gastro pub just down the hill, tis very yummy in there.

You'll also find some money off/two-for's vouchers on the last page of the whazon guide you'll find in lots of pubs/shops around town.

Must do the bus tour some day...

P.S. Not sure if the MIGHTY Butter Museum is open on Sunday but it's MIGHTY!!!!*

*Irony hat required for all visits to Butter Museum.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭MissRetro

by hitting Annie's gastro pub just down the hill, tis very yummy in there.

Just checked out the website.. looks very pricey! Starters upwards of 10e :eek:

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭Chad_Fantastics

Can't deny that it can run to lots but for the quality of the produce and cooking does make it a nice occassional treat. Portions are big too and I have seen some specials and hot sambo deals on the board.

Another option for a sunday morning is the Market in Blackrock down by the marina, not a huge amount of stands but a breakfast burrito/sausage sambo and a hot chocolate from the O'Connails stand while walking along the river helps most hangovers...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,120 ✭✭✭wheresmybeaver

Lots of nice Sunday walking to be done around the city, like the old railway line from rochestown in to pairc ui chaoimh or blackrock castle. Or the lee fields, Fitzgerald park, that kind of thing. depends on the weather of course, but a good way to work up an appetite for a gastropub.

Advertisement