Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Going out in Cork

Options
  • 12-08-2012 1:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

My friends and I will be in Cork the Saturday after next (25th), we're all either 19 or 18. I've heard that Cork is abit strict about 21's on Saturdays, so where can we go that's good?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭MissRetro

The majority of nightclubs are over 21s at the weekends.. and the ones that aren't probably aren't worth going to (Mangans, etc)
    Try a late bar instead. People of your age group seem to love An Brog on Oliver Plunkett Street (open 'til 2). I don't see the attraction myself.. mtv music and nowhere to sit.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,249 ✭✭✭Sonics2k

Any particular kind of music preference/style OP?

Oliver Plunkett and Washington Street have dozens of different pubs, take a stroll along and see which one looks best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,492 ✭✭✭KCAccidental

for your age bracket, the brog is probably your best bet. After being in there last night at the age of 29, won't be going back anytime soon :P

• Registered Users Posts: 8,029 ✭✭✭SusieBlue

I'd avoid Mangans/Liquid Lounge, you'll be old enough to get in but they aren't great and best avoided. I'd say head to the Bróg too. Its grand on a Saturday night.

There isn't a hope of getting into any of the decent nightclubs on a Saturday unless your 21.

• Registered Users Posts: 71 ✭✭linfield

Newtolife wrote: »
    My friends and I will be in Cork the Saturday after next (25th), we're all either 19 or 18. I've heard that Cork is abit strict about 21's on Saturdays, so where can we go that's good?

The Bailey on Washington Street. Was in there last Saturday night and it was mainly people in their late teens, early 20s.

I don't like the Bróg at all. There's a new club, eclipse, ascross from there but i've never been so can't comment.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2 suedeandwool

I was in Eclipse last night, the new nightclub above the Grafton.. It was over 19s (saturday night) but they left in some 18s with some gentle persuading. It's tiny and the crowd was really strange, groups of middle aged women and even a married couple or two! :cool:The music/dj was good enough and the light system's cool but the dance floor is literally tiny. :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,613 ✭✭✭evilivor

I was in Eclipse last night, the new nightclub above the Grafton.. It was over 19s (saturday night) but they left in some 18s with some gentle persuading. It's tiny and the crowd was really strange, groups of middle aged women and even a married couple or two! :cool:The music/dj was good enough and the light system's cool but the dance floor is literally tiny. :(

Is that the place that used to be Sidetrax?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,252 ✭✭✭FTA69

Sonics2k wrote: »
    Any particular kind of music preference/style OP?

Oliver Plunkett and Washington Street have dozens of different pubs, take a stroll along and see which one looks best.

You won't get into any of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 736 ✭✭✭Big Tone

evilivor wrote: »
    Is that the place that used to be Sidetrax?

Dont' tell me SlimeTrax is still around?? :eek:

Advertisement