Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dacia Duster

Comments

• Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

Have seen a couple of these on the road now, look well enough. Certainly don't stand out as a 'cheap' car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Called into a stockist while passing last week but they had none in stock. The guy behind the desk said the left hand drive model they had on demo was gone back to whatever country it came from.
    Got a brochure but when I looked at it there are no photos of the interior.
    Very strange. Maybe they're trying to hide something ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭00833827

amdaley28 wrote: »
    The left hand drive model they had on demo was gone back to whatever country it came from.

Romania

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Yawlboy

The demos in Cork were from Luxemburg I believe.

i see some markets are getting Renault branded cars

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

should we be receiving them this week

What are the interiors like ?
    As I said earlier the brochure I got has no interior photos.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,354 ✭✭✭Sobanek

Yawlboy wrote: »
    The demos in Cork were from Luxemburg I believe.

Same story with Kildare.

The Luxemburg reg ones in Cork had a leather interior!!!

OSI wrote: »
    Doesn't really mean much. Remember the first Kia Sorento I got into had a "leather" interior. Looked like it had come off the arse of a Rhino.

I wonder if those who bought one are expecting a leather interior :)

• Advertisement

While the Duster's interior quality is more Travelodge than Ritz, it isn't an unpleasant place to be in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭tf2

The interior isn't half bad tbh! The dashboard has been given a facelift and is much nicer than that on the demos the dealers had. Leather seats is an option which doesn't come as standard on the higher spec duster in Ireland (the signature). Think it was around €1000+ extra for leather.

daciainterior.jpeg

245712.jpeg

I wonder if those who bought one are expecting a leather interior :)

Nope

tf2 wrote: »
    The interior isn't half bad tbh! The dashboard has been given a facelift and is much nicer than that on the demos the dealers had. Leather seats is an option which doesn't come as standard on the higher spec duster in Ireland (the signature). Think it was around €1000+ extra for leather.

daciainterior.jpeg

245712.jpeg

Thanks for the photo.
    That don't look half bad at all.
    Is it available with cruise control as I didn't see any mention of it in the brochure ?

Thanks for the photo.
    That don't look half bad at all.
    Is it available with cruise control as I didn't see any mention of it in the brochure ?

No cruise control which is a pity. There's always places that fit aftermarket cruise control if you wanted to go down that road.

No cruise control which is a pity. There's always places that fit aftermarket cruise control if you wanted to go down that road.

That is a pity.
    Even if it was available as an extra would make a difference.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭Lutecia

Dacia UK apologies on its Facebook page:
    Hello. We’re very sorry that we've been unable to provide accurate information about the delivery dates for Dacia Duster. Demand from all countries has been extremely high and we've simply not been able to build them quickly enough to keep up.

We have around 1,400 Dusters now with us in the UK that are either at our import centre or en route to Dacia retailers across the country. In addition, 660 Dusters have now been delivered to customers and are on UK roads. Further shipments of Duster are set to arrive in the UK every month and we are working around the clock to ensure we meet the great demand for our cars.

Some of you have expressed concerns about the priority of your order. The priority system works by allocating vehicles on a first come, first served basis according to the exact version and specification ordered. But, demand on certain specifications has been exceptionally high and this has exceeded expectations. Therefore, a customer who ordered a particular specification and colour may take delivery before a customer who has ordered another combination, regardless of when the order was made.

We do have certain versions of Duster available straight away. If you are interested in one of these, please contact your chosen Dacia retailer who will talk you through the options.

We’re providing our Dacia Retailers with regular updates as we receive the latest delivery information, so your local Dacia Retailer is your best point contact for all enquires.

Thanks, Dacia

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭pat25c

has anybody heard from their dealer about getting their dusters? , according to the dacia facebook page they are being delivered this week.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Old Station House

After several promises, and an inability to track the car with the chassis number, my dealer says he "hopes" to have the cars his dealership has ordered by next week (after Easter). We live in hope. :D

Are these cars that were ordered for a Jan delivery?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4 Old Station House

I was originally told they would be here at the end February

I hope ye get them soon lads.

- I have not seen any on the road in my part of the country.

After several promises, and an inability to track the car with the chassis number, my dealer says he "hopes" to have the cars his dealership has ordered by next week (after Easter). We live in hope. :D

I was told my car arrives at the dealership tomorrow and will be ready for collection next week

• Registered Users Posts: 129 ✭✭pat25c

i rang dennehys motors today , they say mine is in the country & is being registered to my name today & i should have it next week .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we've heard it all before!! :pac:

• Registered Users Posts: 18 GranGruba

Yeah, yeah, yeah, we've heard it all before!! :pac:

Yes - meant to get mine this week - was told last week it was definitely in the country - latest is delivery between April 5th and 10th.....shambles!

• Registered Users Posts: 18 GranGruba

GranGruba wrote: »
    Yes - meant to get mine this week - was told last week it was definitely in the country - latest is delivery between April 5th and 10th.....shambles!

http://www.beepbeep.ie/stats/?sYear%5B%5D=2013&sYear%5B%5D=&sRegType=1&sMonth%5B%5D=&sMonth%5B%5D=&sMake%5B%5D=Dacia&sRange%5B%5D=DUSTER&x=44&y=7

OK - so who has gotten the 186 Dusters registered in March? Certainly not seen any in the wild.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭peter barrins

This post has been deleted.

I certainly wouldn't touch anything I couldn't have a good test drive in first which in the Dusters case might be some time :)

• Advertisement

i will be going down to see if mine arrived yesterday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,452 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I certainly wouldn't touch anything I couldn't have a good test drive in first which in the Dusters case might be some time :)

Surely all those which are now being delivered new will be used for a few test drives first!!

I've been in France/Spain for the last 10 days or so; lots of Dusters (and Sanderos around). There's a nice brown colour which is like a metallic turd colour (can't think of a better description) which really suits - it's really shiny.

why

• Closed Accounts Posts: 361 ✭✭peter barrins

After driving one for 2 months putting up 8,600Km i can't fault the Duster at all. Going to be a very popular car brand in Ireland. ...if the rest of them ever get here.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,452 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

Or Skodas in the noughties?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

Wonder will these first cars have the improved interior or not?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

After driving one for 2 months putting up 8,600Km i can't fault the Duster at all. Going to be a very popular car brand in Ireland. ...if the rest of them ever get here.

I saw a car transporter full of them come through Dublin port a few days ago.

supposed to get mine this week

Guess What.

Mine wasn't Delivered in that batch .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

It's such a pity Renault have made an arse if this launch as right from the very start I felt it was a great package for a family buyer in our current market.

• Advertisement

Seems like you can't buy this car for love or money.

im shocked at this stage. I ordered mine in October. Its now April. Every week you are told next week. Ours was due at the end of Jan then Feb then March not its April.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

WIZE wrote: »
    im shocked at this stage. I ordered mine in October. Its now April. Every week you are told next week. Ours was due at the end of Jan then Feb then March not its April.

just think of how much it will appreciate in value with that 132 plate on it.

Sorry. :D

just think of how much it will appreciate in value with that 132 plate on it.

Sorry. :D

im not concerned about that

GREAT NEWS

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

I would hope they will be loading a few extras onto it to make up for the delay?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,475 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

why have you guys not all cancelled your orders?
    This is an absolute joke. It might be cheap but its not so cheap that its ok to take the piss.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,971 ✭✭✭teednab-el

The name of the car would put me off. Going around in my "duster".

WIZE wrote: »

It seems they're treating the customers in a very shoddy manner.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

Seen one of these on the road yesterday, it looks like a €15,000 car, when is buying the absalute cheapest ever the right choice? Plenty of ex-demo cars or year old cars for the same money and you just know that thing is going to fall to bits in the forth year.

• Advertisement
Advertisement