Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dacia Duster

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10 daciaduster

WIZE wrote: »
    Then it should have went to the next person in the Queue:confused:
    Well, maybe there was nobody else on the list with exactly those specifications!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

well im not cancelling, But i dont have 1 good word to say about Dacia as a company.i will be happy to get my car and thats it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 682 ✭✭✭IrishWhiskeyCha

We Ordered a black alternative (no extras) too on 5th of October ... after a lot of detailed research and a couple of test drives. I was originally given a vague February delivery date and like Dacia Duster RIP above I kept on researching them and learned of the delays before even the January delivery deadlines. In mid January I contacted my Dealer and he confirmed that my order would probably be put back to end of March. My dealer has been very good all along and never waffled me or fob me off so I was lucky in that respect and I was always well aware of where I stood which is all people want at the end of the day. Constant delivery dates just serve to antagonise and frustrate people.

By early march the UK were suffering crippling delays (by the sounds of it) with Dusters being held up in the Import centre due to "technical issues" and rectification. The issues I've heard so far seem like general teething issues.

The first issue was a water ingress problem seen in Indian sold Renault Dusters where a one way valve bung in the floor was put in backwards thus letting in water rather than letting out. All Dusters bound for UK and Ireland had to be rechecked and bungs refitted if necessary, this seemed to cause only a minor delay of a couple weeks.

Issue 2 was spotted in the UK where the door seals were not up to UK standards and required to be refitted. This caused a substantial delay as you may guess with every Duster requiring work.

Last week news of the Brake check was reported by a Dealer in the UK on a owners forum and the issued recall to owners who had received their cars. 1 car out of 4000 was seen with a problem so all cars needed to be checked. This turned out to be a minor technical check on the braking system and was covered by a technical information bulletin sent by Dacia to its dealers in both the UK & Ireland (Ti2364).

Latest reports is that there now a check on the suspension ... I've no other details but this can happen to all manufacturers that transport there cars by sea as the cars are strapped down to the deck.

The positive of this is Dacia/Renault are making sure all cars go out as issue free as possible before new owners pick them up. So from that point of view there is a huge emphasis on quality of the cars.

The negative is that Dacia has not once engaged with the owners and have tried to ignore any reports of issues which by the looks of it will possibly become their undoing if they continue to be silent and ignore customer queries in the fashion they have been doing. They have managed to create a PR disaster of what on the face of it looks like a good car.

Just to bring this into perspective, Toyota had to issue a world wide recall on 1.7 million cars this week due to a possible defective air bag system, which throws the ncp rating out the window. This is their 3 major recall in 5 years yet people in this country still swear by them. The previous one was a braking issue too. So that would make me ask the question why is Dacia any worse. There has always been issues with cars and there always will. But alot of people in Ireland are always very suspicious and critical of new car brands which I can't understand if they already have a good record in other markets, it just does not make sense.

I've had my car 2 week now and I am really enjoying it. Even though light in ways it is quite solid on the road. The road handling is not bad and is better than my 07 Vectra in that regard but it comes into it's own on county roads soaking up potholes which is the type of road I drive on regularly and was one of my reasons buying it. The MPG is looking good too ... still only running it in but it is circa 52mpg currently which is very good. The rule of thumb is real life mpg is usually 85% of manufacturer stated mpg and mine is exceeding it so happy there.

The engine is a bit industrial (rattly) when starting and in idle but once moving it is fine so engine noise it not an issue and again is better than my 1.6 petrol Vectra in that regard. However this is the well tested 1.5 DCi engine a prtner ship engine between Renault and Nissan which is in many Renaults and Nissans (Qashqui, Duke, Tida etc) and now the Medcerdes A class :eek: So pretty bullet proof.

Simplicity is another major factor, Some of Renaults major issues have been the likes of electrics and the Duster has few of these so less to go wrong and where a lot of the cost saving is gotten.

Lastly is space... it has good space with space for 3 kids seats in the back which is a major factor in cars these days that few in that price category can accommodate. And for those reasons mainly is why I purchased.

I'm not going to say buy or dont buy as the Dacia Customer Service on this release has been a joke and Dacia/Renault should be ashamed of themselves. However the car itself seems like a decent piece of kit with which I am happy with but only time will tell.

And I actually like the look of it, looks better than the Qashqui if you ask me :D

Best of luck to those waiting and hopefully you will get some decent service soon and a car which is more important.

• Registered Users Posts: 8 Dacia Duster RIP

Dacia range expansion on hold - It will now concentrate on reaching into new markets and growing its market share, rather than launching new models. This means more waiting time for those who have ordered, while dacia build cars for newer markets....see article below.

Dacia's next wave of product launches could include a city car and a large saloon, although neither is likely to be launched for at least 18 months. Dacia's aggressive model plans culminated with the launch of the sub-£8000 Dacia Logan MCV at the Geneva motor show, which marked its seventh new vehicle launch in the past three years. It will now concentrate on reaching into new markets and growing its market share, rather than launching new models.

"We have the product now, the investment is done – it is now time for us to milk the cow and concentrate on growing the business we have created," said Renault boss Carlos Tavares.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭00833827

We have the product now.

Its a pity your customers don't ;-)

DACIA
    Delivery And Customer Information Awful

Just got a phone call from Kearys in Cork, my Dacia Duster is due Monday! Thanks to Shane in Kearys, they are a comin... they are a comin....
    will keep you posted.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,195 ✭✭✭Stallingrad

I love the way you still believe them. :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

I love the way you still believe them. :pac:

Delighting in someone else's bad look. Ireland to a tee.

Hope your car comes next week, keep the thread updated with how you get on with the car. The original poster cancelled their cars apparently but it would be good to get more owner opinions on this car. Either way they best of luck.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭amdaley28

Just got a phone call from Kearys in Cork, my Dacia Duster is due Monday! Thanks to Shane in Kearys, they are a comin... they are a comin....
    will keep you posted.

Good luck with the new car.
    Let us know how you get on.

• Advertisement

My Duster is ready. Pickup on Thursday

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 809 ✭✭✭amdaley28

My Duster is ready. Pickup on Thursday

Good luck with it.
    Let us know how you get on.

Saw 5 being off loaded from an artic yesterday in Waterford in case anyone is waiting on one in the area.

3 white, one black and one silver.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Seen a few happy customers picking these up over this week in Renault Belgard.

Looked like kids with new toys. :)

I was not going to post my thoughts here as there are so many detractors here that I thought I'd be leaving myself open to a multitude of smart jibes but I also see there are many on here that have an actual real interest so here goes.

Okay, have our Duster 3 weeks now and must say I am very happy with it. I was starting to worry between all the delays and the talk of all the issues. But luckily these had all been looked after and in one sense it was good of Dacia to sort these out before delivery that caused these delays rather than giving us cars with all these minor issues and having people complain even more about them. However Dacia never communicated any of this information to the customer and that has a lot to be desired and has really annoyed people. However my dealer has been very good all the way through.

Have only barely broken it in (16000km or 1000miles so far) as per hand book (15000km run in period) so have not fully explored it's performance. But sticking to with in the 2,500 revs has shown very high MPG of low 50's on the extra urban cycle. I had one in the mid 30's too from mainly Motor way and stop start town driving. But when driving around where I live I'm getting into the 50's which is great. I have averaged it at 48mpg in the 1600kms we've done so far so not bad. To put into perspective my petrol vectra was getting 30 - 39mpg in the same conditions and I can already see the savings I'm making which is looking like at least 25% and juice consumption never mind the price differential between petrol and diesel. We do circa 20-24,000 a year on our main car.

I'll not pretend, you can see where the savings have been made but this all has to be taken in account in regards to the price. The outside is all good imo and I actually like the slightly dated but rugged styling and I prefer it over the Qashqui but tha is very subjective (Reminds me of an older freelander but sleeker). The interior is possibly about 10years behind in styling bar the dash which has had some updated styling for our market and is hard plastic and not soft touch. This does not bother me as hard plastic is easier to clean anyway and the new upgraded styling actually has enhanced the car much more than expected. The seat belt anchors are cheap older versions as are the seat belts but do the job perfectly, the seats are comfortable if plain looking and covered in a tough wearing synthetic cloth and half leatherette on the sides and back. The seats are also equipped with pressure sensors so if your driving and not wearing you seat belt a warning sounds until your belted up. The indicator/light and wind screen stalks are solid and I believe they are from the Clio from a few years back. I also have and under steering remote radio stalk/flappy paddle thingy which is handy and easy to use. The radio is not the best sounding (or maybe it's the speakers) but it does pick up stations well and have blue-tooth for your phone etc. Probably will upgrade at some stage but it is fine for general listening.

Door handles are quite light as are the Doors, more so the back ones, which are quite light but open nice and wide for the children. They both love it as they both have a great view out of the windows which is often not the case in a lot of cars for children in child seats.

The fuel tank is also made of plastic so again you can see where the saving have been made. The petrol flap opens unlocked to reveal a lockable petrol cap which has to be opened with your keys. The underneath seems to have been fully rust proofed though. It seems to be well put together and I have very little to fault it on, no rattles no plastic parts falling off. This car remember is made to be durable, cheap and easy to repair and can come with up to a 7 year warranty in the UK so they must believe in their cars, I opted for the highest here which is only a 5year warranty unfortunately but still a sign of confidence to me. There is no spare wheel but an inflation kit which I am not overly keen on. However I have ordered a spare wheel kit (including spare steel wheel rim) from the UK which will fit under the car (not in the boot) via a cradle system, but can also be ordered through your local dealer but at about 200Euro extra !!!!.

I have 2 very young kids and as they get older will try their best to wreck a car so by the looks of it this will survive. I have talked about the NCAP on here before and I am happy that my kids will be as safe in this car as a Qashqui.

The car is a high car and as you would expect will get the dreaded body roll. However it is not overly excessive and corners as well if not better than our other car which is a 2007 Vectra. Even though I did say the car is light in areas it does not feel it on the road and feels well planted. It absorbs Irish road conditions very well and comes into it's own on bumpy main roads and secondary roads which is the main stay where I live. The visibility from the car is also excellent and is very easy to get used to driving it. It is also very easy to judge in reverse.

It is not necessarily a cheap car as at the end of the day it is a medium sized family car with decent boot space and falls into similar spacing as our vectra but can accommodate 3 child seats or 2 child seats and an adult which the Vectra cannot. However in my opinion it is head and shoulders above any of the Small to Medium sized MPV/SUV vehicles which are all the rage now which are totally over priced. For the exact same engine (1.5 DCi) in the Qashqui and exact same space (actually the duster has slightly more) You are paying 6-7 grand extra for all the bells and whistles which if people are honest they don't really need.

Over all I am very happy with my purchase and for the money is good value for money. Not too sure if I have much more to cover but any questions I will try to answer if possible.

• Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭crazylady1

Hi iriswhiskeycha,

Thank you for your great review. We are seriously thinking of gettin a dacia duster in the new year. We took 1 for a test drive and loved it! Im dying to see one on the road.

I'll love a black one but the dealer said they only come in white,silver or blue which is a bit of a bummer!! We'll see how it goes! Thank again for your very informative review. Delighted you love it. Well wear

I was not going to post my thoughts here as there are so many detractors here that I thought I'd be leaving myself open to a multitude of smart jibes but I also see there are many on here that have an actual real interest so here goes.

Okay, have our Duster 3 weeks now and must say I am very happy with it. I was starting to worry between all the delays and the talk of all the issues. But luckily these had all been looked after and in one sense it was good of Dacia to sort these out before delivery that caused these delays rather than giving us cars with all these minor issues and having people complain even more about them. However Dacia never communicated any of this information to the customer and that has a lot to be desired and has really annoyed people. However my dealer has been very good all the way through.

Have only barely broken it in (16000km or 1000miles so far) as per hand book (15000km run in period) so have not fully explored it's performance. But sticking to with in the 2,500 revs has shown very high MPG of low 50's on the extra urban cycle. I had one in the mid 30's too from mainly Motor way and stop start town driving. But when driving around where I live I'm getting into the 50's which is great. I have averaged it at 48mpg in the 1600kms we've done so far so not bad. To put into perspective my petrol vectra was getting 30 - 39mpg in the same conditions and I can already see the savings I'm making which is looking like at least 25% and juice consumption never mind the price differential between petrol and diesel. We do circa 20-24,000 a year on our main car.

I'll not pretend, you can see where the savings have been made but this all has to be taken in account in regards to the price. The outside is all good imo and I actually like the slightly dated but rugged styling and I prefer it over the Qashqui but tha is very subjective (Reminds me of an older freelander but sleeker). The interior is possibly about 10years behind in styling bar the dash which has had some updated styling for our market and is hard plastic and not soft touch. This does not bother me as hard plastic is easier to clean anyway and the new upgraded styling actually has enhanced the car much more than expected. The seat belt anchors are cheap older versions as are the seat belts but do the job perfectly, the seats are comfortable if plain looking and covered in a tough wearing synthetic cloth and half leatherette on the sides and back. The seats are also equipped with pressure sensors so if your driving and not wearing you seat belt a warning sounds until your belted up. The indicator/light and wind screen stalks are solid and I believe they are from the Clio from a few years back. I also have and under steering remote radio stalk/flappy paddle thingy which is handy and easy to use. The radio is not the best sounding (or maybe it's the speakers) but it does pick up stations well and have blue-tooth for your phone etc. Probably will upgrade at some stage but it is fine for general listening.

Door handles are quite light as are the Doors, more so the back ones, which are quite light but open nice and wide for the children. They both love it as they both have a great view out of the windows which is often not the case in a lot of cars for children in child seats.

The fuel tank is also made of plastic so again you can see where the saving have been made. The petrol flap opens unlocked to reveal a lockable petrol cap which has to be opened with your keys. The underneath seems to have been fully rust proofed though. It seems to be well put together and I have very little to fault it on, no rattles no plastic parts falling off. This car remember is made to be durable, cheap and easy to repair and can come with up to a 7 year warranty in the UK so they must believe in their cars, I opted for the highest here which is only a 5year warranty unfortunately but still a sign of confidence to me. There is no spare wheel but an inflation kit which I am not overly keen on. However I have ordered a spare wheel kit (including spare steel wheel rim) from the UK which will fit under the car (not in the boot) via a cradle system, but can also be ordered through your local dealer but at about 200Euro extra !!!!.

I have 2 very young kids and as they get older will try their best to wreck a car so by the looks of it this will survive. I have talked about the NCAP on here before and I am happy that my kids will be as safe in this car as a Qashqui.

The car is a high car and as you would expect will get the dreaded body roll. However it is not overly excessive and corners as well if not better than our other car which is a 2007 Vectra. Even though I did say the car is light in areas it does not feel it on the road and feels well planted. It absorbs Irish road conditions very well and comes into it's own on bumpy main roads and secondary roads which is the main stay where I live. The visibility from the car is also excellent and is very easy to get used to driving it. It is also very easy to judge in reverse.

It is not necessarily a cheap car as at the end of the day it is a medium sized family car with decent boot space and falls into similar spacing as our vectra but can accommodate 3 child seats or 2 child seats and an adult which the Vectra cannot. However in my opinion it is head and shoulders above any of the Small to Medium sized MPV/SUV vehicles which are all the rage now which are totally over priced. For the exact same engine (1.5 DCi) in the Qashqui and exact same space (actually the duster has slightly more) You are paying 6-7 grand extra for all the bells and whistles which if people are honest they don't really need.

Over all I am very happy with my purchase and for the money is good value for money. Not too sure if I have much more to cover but any questions I will try to answer if possible.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,596 ✭✭✭kyote00

Saw a white 131D Duster on the back of an AA truck on the N7 today.
    Probably as fast as it ever went ---- only joking I'm sure it's a once off

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

crazylady1 wrote: »
    Hi iriswhiskeycha,

Thank you for your great review. We are seriously thinking of gettin a dacia duster in the new year. We took 1 for a test drive and loved it! Im dying to see one on the road.

I'll love a black one but the dealer said they only come in white,silver or blue which is a bit of a bummer!! We'll see how it goes! Thank again for your very informative review. Delighted you love it. Well wear

I saw a black one being handed over the other day , best colour in a duster IMHO .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 405 ✭✭00833827

well wear @iriswhiskeycha - good post, hope the car goes well.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 68 ✭✭crazylady1

Bigus wrote: »
    I saw a black one being handed over the other day , best colour in a duster IMHO .

Hey bigus,

thanks for that. I must have a chat with the dealer again. Getting the car in black would be a big positive!

I saw a black one being off loaded too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 550 ✭✭✭zinzan

Best of luck with it!
    Thanks for taking the time to write about your experience so far. Glad it seems to be a positive one so far!
    How have you found the driving position?

Mine is black and I only had a choice of that, white or silver ... It may now be a case that we will get UK colours due to demand constraints.

They have White, Silver, Granite Grey, Marina Blue (which is virtually black in dull light and dark blue in sunlight) and Caspian Blue (a metallic sky blue). It might be an Idea to check the official UK Dacia site.

Forgot to mention about the engine. The engine is quite industrial, when started it shudders into life and sounds like a typical diesel when at idle but once the car is up and running it is smooth. You can easily have a conversation with a person in the back with out raising your voice. There can sometimes be a small bit of wind noise from the parallel roof bars when on the motorway but not excessive and usually when there is a bit of a cross wind but this has only been occasional. I am led to believe most cars with parallel roof bars suffer from this but I can't attest to that. However if you attach transverse roof bars for a roof box the wind noise is constant(which I found out when collecting my roof box) so should not be used with out a roof box a place.

Picked up my Duster this morning :cool:

Picked up my Duster this morning :cool:

Happy dusting !

• Advertisement

Happy dusting !

Collected my Duster today from Kearys in Cork, they seem to have quite a few prepped and ready to go out to customers. Will post photos soon.

Saw a 131 C Dacia on Wed morning, wasn't a Duster though, smaller car, Fiesta ish size.

RoverJames wrote: »
    Saw a 131 C Dacia on Wed morning, wasn't a Duster though, smaller car, Fiesta ish size.

Sandero , do you not know James mays favourite car

Sandero , do you not know James mays favourite car

Wouldn't be a big Top Gear fan tbh, watch it if it's on and would often switch over to something else during the show.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,481 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Seen a good few sanderos around here, not too bad looking with the facelift.

Reckon the old model Clio was a better buy, even if you add €1k to the scrappage deal price of the Clio.

• Advertisement

250339.jpg
    250340.jpg
    250341.jpg
    250342.jpg250343.jpg

250344.jpg
    250345.jpg
    250346.jpg
    250347.jpg
    250348.jpg
    250347.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

Heard a few ads on the radio for them.

It's pronounced 'Datch-ia' not 'Das-ia' you fvcktards! :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,481 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

MCMLXXV wrote: »
    Heard a few ads on the radio for them.

It's pronounced 'Datch-ia' not 'Das-ia' you fvcktards! :eek:

That annoyed me too.

Then again, Renault is pronounced wrong too.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 22,080 ✭✭✭✭Big Nasty

colm_mcm wrote: »
    That annoyed me too.

Then again, Renault is pronounced wrong too.

By who? :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,541 ✭✭✭Leonard Hofstadter

A lot of people pronounce Renault like it should be pronounced if it was an English word, whereas it should be pronounced 'Reno'. In the UK the Dacia advertisements pronounce it as 'Dach-ee-ah' as opposed to the James May pronunciation of 'Day-see-ah'. Then again, the English always pronounce Peugeot as 'Purr-jho' as opposed to the Irish pronunciation of 'Pew-jho'.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,475 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Jesus its a woeful looking thing. Imo.

If ever a car was crying out for UN stickers that is it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,238 ✭✭✭Ardennes1944

I actually like it, I like the simplicity of it really. It is what it is.
    And the fact that the first time I saw one was in Normandy and it reminds me of that :o

All in the eye of the beholder ...

Here's a few in black.

Duster018_zpsdfa016c8.jpg

Duster020_zps80f770b2.jpg

Duster030_zpsb25118fe.jpg

Duster057_zps651cd583.jpg

Duster058_zpsd3e05350.jpg

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,064 ✭✭✭fabsoul

mickdw wrote: »
    Jesus its a woeful looking thing. Imo.

They are bad alright. The wheels are very bad a nice set of alloy's would
    help a lot.

They actually look better in the flesh and it looks like a lot of car for the money when seen on the road. I like them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,491 ✭✭✭bidiots

Reminds me of Walts Aztek in Breaking Bad:P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,704 ✭✭✭Cheensbo

fabsoul wrote: »
    The wheels are very bad a nice set of alloy's would
    help a lot.

x2, the wheels look like they're off a heavy duty plant trailer,

Not a bad yoke for the money, each to their own and all,

But wouldn't be my way of spending 15-16k..

In saying that,

Good luck to the new owners after their long wait...

Couldn't really see how anyone would be happy to drive away in one after spending €15k+, it's new bla bla bla wouldn't offer enough by way of compensation for it being rather unsightly. To be fair the new car jazz never rocked my boat.

Had a spin to and from Dublin in a Megane with that engine in it, not overly impressive and presumably it's worse in a Duster.

Grand yoke in a Clio though.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,106 ✭✭✭dar83

I think I can nearly see the back seats from looking through those wheel arches!

Also why didn't they integrate the keyhole into the door handle? It looks like an aftermarket ghetto/botch job when the central locking on a car goes the way of the Dodo.

Funnily enough from directly front on it actually looks alright imo. Nearly somewhat Dakar-esque, strangely, which I like! The back though...

Good luck to all the new owners, hope they fair you well. Would be interested to hear a review of them in 6 months time after you've spent some time with them.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭GavMan

Looks nice in black. Chrome is a nice contrast.

But could do with a wheel upgrade for sure. Interior, is pretty barren but not a spartan as I imagined. If the dash had of been black like the centre console, that would have helped.

Does it have an arm rest by any chance?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,515 ✭✭✭recyclebin

If ever a car was crying out for UN stickers that is it.

Thought the exact same thing when I saw the pictures of the white one. Reminded me of the old Toyota Landcruiser.

These sort of cars are never going to be sexy ... the Qashqui is a worse example if you ask me, anybody here like the Porche Cayene !!!! (probably a few suckers :P ).

We were going to buy second hand in this style but would have been buying a 3 to 5 year old car. So for the price of a New Duster I'd have to pay the same for a 09/10 version Qashqui or to buy that new the cheapest Diesel version is €25,500 before delivery, metalic paint extras etc. So a difference of at least 9,500 grand :eek. Someone tell me that the Qashqui is a great car now .... :rolleyes:

Yes it lacks in areas (Wheels interior etc) but that is very much made up for in the price tag. It is also designed for off road use and the 4x4 version makes a mockery of cars twice it's price but the 4x2 version I have also has a fairly capable off road capacity all be it not for mad off roading.

And because the Irish Car industry is littered with so many dodgy second hand cars I'll know exactly what my car has been up to over the next 7-10years which is how long we plan to hold on to it. And a 5 year warranty so happy carefree driving for me.

At the end of the day, I really don't care what people think, I love it and it makes so much economic sense in a lot of ways for someone who is in the market for a "NEW" car of this type. 50+ mpg already and we've already seen our fuel bill plummet from the 1.6 petrol Vectra which was our main car prior to this purchase.

It's been all positive for me and I can accept this car for what it is and enjoy the fact.

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,355 ✭✭✭gallag

Not many cars make the fait multipla look good. It looks like a budget car from the late 80s.

Advertisement