Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dacia Duster

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,761 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

tf2 wrote: »
    31000k and running perfect

31,000,000kms?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭tf2

31,000,000kms?

31000 km I mean

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

Are parts cheap to buy if they are needed

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 688 ✭✭✭kaahooters

tf2 wrote: »
    31000 km I mean

4 months(?) and 31,000 km on it, so, 276km a day?

hows the lt per 100km

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,858 ✭✭✭Bigcheeze

Had one of these for two weeks recently as a holiday rental and clocked up a couple of thousand KM on mostly country roads. I had booked Renault Scenic or similar.

It was ok, not great. Engine was able to move it but had to work the gears on hills and corners. Good fuel economy.

Basic, cheap plastic interior. Basic, poorly padded seats. Poor ergonomics. e.g. the heating controls are very low and facing downwards. Electric window controls in centre of dash despite the fact that doors had blanked out slots for controls. Radio looked like an after thought.

It looks shocking from the side without alloys. Looks old fashioned from the front. The rear looks ok.

The worst thing about it was the brakes which didn't feel like they wanted to stop the car. I'm used to the instant responsiveness of all-disc brakes.

Driving it on twisty roads becomes tiring due to the body roll and poor handling but I guess these are the compromises you make if you want to drive an SUV.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭tf2

kaahooters wrote: »
    4 months(?) and 31,000 km on it, so, 276km a day?

hows the lt per 100km

I picked it up in early feb so goin on 8 months now. Haven't worked out the ltr/100km exactly but its pretty good!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

Have mine for a month now and very happy with it. It's returning 50mpg around town and handles better than the 2010 Outlander I had. I went for the bog basic 4X2 Alternative model in white so no frills for me :D

Its a little bit noisy and less refined than what I'm used to but I didn't expect it to be anything else so all in all a happy camper

Are they selling well ? I've seen very few around. Saw one as a taxi.

On holidays in France there were a fair few of them around.

Bigcheeze wrote: »

632 sold from Jan 1st to July 31st according to beepbeep.ie

• Registered Users Posts: 102 ✭✭BdaraB

http://bestsellingcarsblog.com/2013/08/01/ireland-july-2013-ford-focus-and-mondeo-shine-in-new-year-change/#more-33345

They sold 163 of them in July so not doing to badly, outselling the 5-Series and ix35

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭Lutecia

2014 facelift revealed for Frankfurt motor show:

34481858987198366.jpg

2757980802126604633.jpg

A very minor facelift

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,892 ✭✭✭spank_inferno

looks worse if anything

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

looks worse if anything

I like it. Is is the most expensive one?

I like it. Is is the most expensive one?
    certainly looks like it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

Was behind a 132 one on Sunday, don't care what price it is, it's ugly

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Fozzie Bear

Depends on the colour for me. I think the white one is a God awful looking yoke but the Black/Grey looks better.

It was a white one funnily enough

Depends on the colour for me. I think the white one is a God awful looking yoke but the Black/Grey looks better.

Hope it wasn't my white 132 one! :P

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,597 ✭✭✭WIZE

furtzy wrote: »
    Hope it wasn't my white 132 one! :P

At least it wasnt my 131 White one lol

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 38,247 ✭✭✭✭Guy:Incognito

Theres a lot uglier for a lot dearer out there.

Its subjective anyway.

Theres a lot uglier for a lot dearer out there.

Its subjective anyway.

I agree it's subjective but seriously the back end of it must have been designed by Stevie Wonder, having said that I can understand how the whole package is attractive to someone in the market for a new vehicle

I agree it's subjective but seriously the back end of it must have been designed by Stevie Wonder, having said that I can understand how the whole package is attractive to someone in the market for a new vehicle

Exactly. I wanted a vehicle, an A to B machine with a warranty and low running costs and thats exactly what it is. I got rid of a 2003 520i for it as I finally realised that second cars are not for me.

However I'm actually surprised at how much I like the Duster.

furtzy wrote: »
    Exactly. I wanted a vehicle, an A to B machine with a warranty and low running costs and thats exactly what it is. I got rid of a 2003 520i for it as I finally realised that second cars are not for me.

However I'm actually surprised at how much I like the Duster.

+1 and with 700km on a full tank we cant complain

WIZE wrote: »
    +1 and with 700km on a full tank we cant complain

I'm getting 46mpg with a mixture of Dublin traffic and motorway so thats over 800km per tank for me. Can't wait to see what I'd get on non city runs

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Lutecia wrote: »
    2014 facelift revealed for Frankfurt motor show:

34481858987198366.jpg

2757980802126604633.jpg

have they facelifted the dash and interior plastics?

upgraded from wheelie bin plastics to a fisher price finish? :D

god they're god awful inside.......and as for the seat fabric, man its a thin weave - you can nearly see the light thru' it.:eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,481 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Not sure If its been covered but here's the new Nissan Terrano

y2r2.jpg
    s21x.jpg
    4lg4.jpg
    4lg6.jpg
    un6u.jpg

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

ughhh

There will be a new dashboard, but as the RHD versions have already an upgraded dash compared to the Euro-LHD version (the early ones with the luxemburgese plates), maybe this just means all will have the same from now on (the one we already know, or maybe the slightly different we can see on the Terrano pictured above).

• Advertisement
  • Subscribers Posts: 16,592 ✭✭✭✭copacetic

If they can keep the terrano price anywhere near to duster they will sell boatloads. Say 15-20% more, assuming it has a better spec, which it looks to based on pics above.

Looks fine to me, as nice as any other similar sized SUV.

The Terrano is an Indian spec, I doubt it'll see Europe.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    The Terrano is an Indian spec, I doubt it'll see Europe.

You could see it in the UK and Ireland as Romania Build Left hand drives and India are building Right hand Drives

I get that, but I somehow doubt that they'll bring it here, it'd have a knock on effect for the Sunderland plant if people buy Terranos over Jukes and Qashqais.
    They would certainly sell some, but for a brand that's trying to get away from their beige image with innovative new cars, I can't see why they'd bring them in.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

a brand that's trying to get away from their beige image with innovative new cars

The Qashqai and Juke are supposed to be innovative?

I thought they were just collections of Ranault, Almera and Primera parts restyled to look a bit like a 4x4 so that idiots would think they were fashionable.

If lots of people think they're fashionable and buy them, doesn't that make them in fashion?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

If lots of people think they're fashionable and buy them, doesn't that make them in fashion?

Yes, top marks to Nissan for excellent marketing skills.

Innovation, not so much.

And the 5 Series was Number 1 !

Is that a first?

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

By that logic, Daniel o'Donnell is sh*t hot!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,454 ✭✭✭✭Marcusm

I get that, but I somehow doubt that they'll bring it here, it'd have a knock on effect for the Sunderland plant if people buy Terranos over Jukes and Qashqais.
    They would certainly sell some, but for a brand that's trying to get away from their beige image with innovative new cars, I can't see why they'd bring them in.
    Maybe it'll form part of the Datsun low cost line.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 7,401 ✭✭✭reilig

I posted on this thread before after test driving a Duster and gave a reasonable account of it. Well at the weekend we had the opportunity to have a Duster for 2 and a half days and get in a couple of hundred motorway km on it as well as lots of primary and secondary roads. We had the signature model (2wd).

My mind has changed a little. Nice to look at, nice to drive for short distances. However, on a long motorway trip, I couldn't wait to get back into the comfortable Fluence. It's extremely loud - so loud that you had to talk loud in the cabin to hear each other. It handles crap at 120kmph - like a tractor! It drinks fuel on the motorway - it has the same engine as the Fluence, but doesn't have the fuel economy.

We aren't going to be getting one ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,494 ✭✭✭✭road_high

reilig wrote: »
    I posted on this thread before after test driving a Duster and gave a reasonable account of it. Well at the weekend we had the opportunity to have a Duster for 2 and a half days and get in a couple of hundred motorway km on it as well as lots of primary and secondary roads. We had the signature model (2wd).

My mind has changed a little. Nice to look at, nice to drive for short distances. However, on a long motorway trip, I couldn't wait to get back into the comfortable Fluence. It's extremely loud - so loud that you had to talk loud in the cabin to hear each other. It handles crap at 120kmph - like a tractor! It drinks fuel on the motorway - it has the same engine as the Fluence, but doesn't have the fuel economy.

We aren't going to be getting one ;)

Is it becuase there's less insulation it's so noisey?

road_high wrote: »
    Is it becuase there's less insulation it's so noisey?

Possibly don't come on good Michelins like the Renualts too?

Possibly don't come on good Michelins like the Renualts too?

They run on Continental tyres

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,399 ✭✭✭✭r3nu4l

The Qashqai and Juke are supposed to be innovative?

I thought they were just collections of Ranault, Almera and Primera parts restyled to look a bit like a 4x4 so that idiots would think they were fashionable.
    Yes, top marks to Nissan for excellent marketing skills.

Innovation, not so much.

You guys do realise that Nissan invented this whole vehicle class segment when they released the Qashqai right? They were the originators of this entire class of vehicle. You may think taking parts from other cars, sticking them into a hatchback shape and lifting it higher off the ground is not groundbreaking but in reality it was. The sales figures of this class across all brands in Europe and the fact that everyone else followed Nissan's lead proves it was innovative.

As for the Terrano, it shares similar features to the QQ but you can see that they have taken out the multifunction steering wheel controls and the radio unit seems very basic too. They might release it in Europe as it's nowhere near the Juke or QQ in terms of spec. At the right price it would definitely eat into Duster sales too. Interesting times.

1 Alfa sold this year? It's hardly worth funding a website, nevermind space in a dealers.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

[QUOTE=r3nu4l;86335873]You guys do realise that Nissan invented this whole vehicle class segment when they released the Qashqai right? They were the originators of this entire class of vehicle. You may think taking parts from other cars, sticking them into a hatchback shape and lifting it higher off the ground is not groundbreaking but in reality it was. The sales figures of this class across all brands in Europe and the fact that everyone else followed Nissan's lead proves it was innovative.

As for the Terrano, it shares similar features to the QQ but you can see that they have taken out the multifunction steering wheel controls and the radio unit seems very basic too. They might release it in Europe as it's nowhere near the Juke or QQ in terms of spec. At the right price it would definitely eat into Duster sales too. Interesting times.[/QUOTE]

Honda CRV or Freelander???

Marcusm wrote: »
    Maybe it'll form part of the Datsun low cost line.

Maybe it will, but my understanding is that datsun is a sub brand for the likes of India, South America etc. so we are as unlikely to see the datsun brand as we are to see nissan selling rebadged dusters here.

And the 5 Series was Number 1 !

Is that a first?

Another proof of the struggle of the middle classes.
    Premiums have never been so strong, while people go for low cost/smaller cars.

1 Alfa sold this year? It's hardly worth funding a website, nevermind space in a dealers.

1 in August ... 12 to date. Sad times ...

• Advertisement
Advertisement