Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dacia Duster

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,464 ✭✭✭furtzy

I would disagree.

For someone on a limited budget who has to buy a new car that looks a bit like an SUV, OK, but nobody really has to. Buying a second hand car that looks like a car would be a better plan.

I wanted a roomy A to B machine with a decent boot for prams etc and with a 3 year warranty and the Duster ticks those boxes for a fantastic price. A second hand car will not provide the warranty. I've went down the second hand route and it wasn't for me. I got rid of a bmw 5 series for the Duster as it was costing too much to run. I would personally never buy a Mini like you have but wouldn't go on a forum and rant about it. Each to their own.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

furtzy wrote: »
    A second hand car will not provide the warranty.

So buy a Kia.

So buy a Kia.

Send me the link to the similar size new Kia I can buy for €15990...the cheapest Sportage is €26k

furtzy wrote: »
    Send me the link to the similar size new Kia I can buy for €15990...the cheapest Sportage is €26k

I already said if it has to be new, cheap and look like an SUV then the Duster is your only man.

But I'd rather have €16K worth of second-hand car with an interior and some pace and handling.

And a second-hand Kia will have plenty of warranty.

I already said if it has to be new, cheap and look like an SUV then the Duster is your only man.

But I'd rather have €16K worth of second-hand car with an interior and some pace and handling.

And a second-hand Kia will have plenty of warranty.

And I already said it had to be new. Good to see you've finally seen the merits of buying one :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 178 ✭✭tf2

I've done 42377km in my Duster. It's had it's second service at about 40000km. Absolutely no problems or issues to report. No sign of rust. It's driving today as it did the day it was picked up. It's very capable on road and off road - no problem towing full 8X4 trailer loads of turf off a bog. Cheap to tax. Cheap to insure. Good MPG. NCAP rating of 3 stars isn't the end of the world. As an everyday A to B vehicle they're excellent value and very economical to run! Far better value than a €16K worth of second-hand car in my opinion.

tf2 wrote: »
    I've done 42377km in my Duster. It's had it's second service at about 40000km. Absolutely no problems or issues to report. No sign of rust. It's driving today as it did the day it was picked up. It's very capable on road and off road - no problem towing full 8X4 trailer loads of turf off a bog. Cheap to tax. Cheap to insure. Good MPG. NCAP rating of 3 stars isn't the end of the world. As an everyday A to B vehicle they're excellent value and very economical to run! Far better value than a €16K worth of second-hand car in my opinion.

People go on about the NCAP ratings and then recommend a second hand car. The older car probably has the same rating if tested on the latest NCAP ratings that the Duster scored on. Delighted to hear yours is issue free

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

I'm not angry, as r3nu4l says, I am sneering.

These cars are stupid, and I will point and laugh if I want.

We'll convince you yet! By the end of this thread you'll have ordered yours. ;-)

We'll convince you yet! By the end of this thread you'll have ordered yours. ;-)

A Dacia, maybe - I had a Sandero as a hire car on holiday a while back, and as an even-cheaper-Clio, it wasn't so bad.

An SUV, no. A 2 wheel drive car pretending to be an SUV: hell, no.

A Dacia, maybe - I had a Sandero as a hire car on holiday a while back, and as an even-cheaper-Clio, it wasn't so bad.

An SUV, no. A 2 wheel drive car pretending to be an SUV: hell, no.

They do come in 4x4...;):p

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,880 ✭✭✭2012paddy2012

I have one 2 wd it's a grand driving experience have it 3 months but the heater cable got stuck and the whole engine block had to be removed to replace the cable , which had to come from Belgium or some where ! Not happy new car engine dismantled after such a short time !! Anyway that was three weeks ago now it's gone again ! Be aware

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 458 ✭✭REXER

I was/am really hoping that Dacia would be able to shake up the market a bit and I would definitely consider buying a Duster if they could deliver a reliable product for a very good price.

I will be very disappointed if the rust and parts issues are not sorted and are part of a general trend!

I really want them to succeed so they need to cop on!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,281 ✭✭✭Gmol

I hope they do an Automatic Duster for the irish Market

Gmol wrote: »

Didn't know Auto was much of a popular option here outside the Granny/American tourist rental market?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

2012paddy2012 - please can you tell me why the engine had to be taken out to replace a heater cable? Perhaps the dashboard had to be taken out, but not the engine surely ! Interested to know more, please do tell....

Gmol wrote: »

They've just announced plans to make the new Clio dCi and Captur in Auto diesels, with the super-smooth EDC gearbox, nothing on the horizon yet with Dacia mind you.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,481 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Is EDC DSG in French?

Just posted 58mpg out of a tank in my Duster with a mix of city and non city driving.....delighted

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Is EDC DSG in French?

Oui it is, Efficient Dual Clutch. Basically a manual 6 speed with an electronic clutch. All covered by 5 Year/Unlimited mileage Warranty (in most cases where applicable, T&C's apply)

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

tf2 wrote: »
    . NCAP rating of 3 stars isn't the end of the world. .

christ, what a statement and mindset .....:(..if you were in ICU sometime fighting for your life after being T-Boned by an artic or some other dreadfull circumstance (which I hope you or anyone never have), you'd be glad of a couple more NCAP stars.......

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,792 ✭✭✭Ded_Zebra

MidlandsM wrote: »
    christ, what a statement and mindset .....:(..if you were in ICU sometime fighting for your life after being T-Boned by an artic or some other dreadfull circumstance (which I hope you or anyone never have), you'd be glad of a couple more NCAP stars.......

AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.

AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.

It seems it has to be said that often because a lot of people just ignore it anyway.
    And once more:
    AFAIK It only scores 3 stars because of the fact that it doesn't have stability or traction control. It scored very well in crash safety.

This MEANS that it seems to crash just fine, but got deducted some points because it doesn't have some computer trickery system that you will need in a Lambo, but in the average econo box will probably never be troubled.

So, go it? If no, I am open to questions, I'll type slow, so no one gets left behind

• Closed Accounts Posts: 10,817 ✭✭✭✭Dord

In fairness, it makes a big difference in AVOIDING crashes. NCAP are looking at that even more so recently. It's fair enough a car doing well in a crash but the ideal is not having that crash at all.

Dord wrote: »
    In fairness, it makes a big difference in AVOIDING crashes. NCAP are looking at that even more so recently. It's fair enough a car doing well in a crash but the ideal is not having that crash at all.

This is very true and a thing that people very seldom consider when talking about the safety of a car. Personally I would consider a car that is very nimble but have no airbags to be a safer car than a lot of cars with all kinds of airbags etc coming from everywhere. Traction control and stability control add very little to the safety of a car IMO in comparison to ABS. ABS hugely improves avoiding crashes.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,374 ✭✭✭Saab Ed

Ded_Zebra wrote: »
    ABS hugely improves avoiding crashes.

Side note but not always true. Try ABS on a downhill section of raod thats got a lose surface or snow and see how good it is at avoiding accidents.

Here's a very basic example of why ABS is not always great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSDC6pO26ZY

• Advertisement

Saab Ed wrote: »
    Side note but not always true. Try ABS on a downhill section of raod thats got a lose surface or snow and see how good it is at avoiding accidents.

Here's a very basic example of why ABS is not always great.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xSDC6pO26ZY

Yep you're right. Been there done that and thankfully there wasn't a big mess (or any mess) but in the vast majority of situations it is excellent. In those situations too traction control and stability control will do nothing either.

Yep you're right. Been there done that and thankfully there wasn't a big mess (or any mess) but in the vast majority of situations it is excellent. In those situations too traction control and stability control will do nothing either.

They'll actually add to your woes, working counter intuitive to your natural ability if you're in any way a decent driver. Where these aids work best is when morons put themsleves in situations that they either have no idea of the danger or have no hope of getting out of the same situation.

Unfortunate part of modern life that we have to respect the lowest common donominator too much and that its given far too much credence. Fact is the road is full of Mongs, people who shiote themselves that a car doesnt have ESP but ironically dont know what it does or when it works.

My favorite quote when you ask someone what ABS does! "It makes you stop quicker" is what you usually get. Says it all really. Dimnuts, please stay off the road. Then we'll be safe :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

* ncap used to be a bit wobbly - loads would fail it if the test speed went up by just a little bit

Now lets have a look at two 5 Star cars hitting each other head on. Makes no difference, you're better off in the bigger car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6pVF1Wr7GLQ

And finally, did anybody here ever actually peruse the NCAP website. There's a hell of a lot of recent if not brand new cars that lack the ultimate 5 star awards. Why! Well back in 2002 NCAP decided you'd get an extra star for fitting a seat belt warning beep. Car is still as safe only it beeps at you. Aint that great :P

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,605 ✭✭✭gctest50

• Advertisement

If you crash at 200 km/h, no technical wizardry is gonna save yo ass! :D
    As for all the do-dah's, as I said before it's to accommodate the "modern" driver, who will stomp on the brakes, yank the wheel, close his/her eyes and pray.
    ABS doesn't make the car stop quicker, it prevents the wheels from locking up, so the car can still be controlled under heavy braking.
    Before that you had to hop on the brakes and, when faced with a crash, release the brakes, steer around the obstacle and jam on again. Worked for me on two occasions.
    The problem could be that people become so brainless and conditioned that they will be a danger to themselves and others when driving a car without all the toys.
    Finland has got it right, people there get trained to handle a car on the limit, the same should apply everywhere instead of training people to become morons behind the wheel and drive everywhere at 60 km/h.
    The new road safety message seems to be "people are morons, let's slow them down"

I've gone from driving a 5 series on Nankangs to a Duster.....according to some boardsies I should be dead several times over :D

It seems it has to be said that often because a lot of people just ignore it anyway.
    And once more:

This MEANS that it seems to crash just fine, but got deducted some points because it doesn't have some computer trickery system that you will need in a Lambo, but in the average econo box will probably never be troubled.

So, go it? If no, I am open to questions, I'll type slow, so no one gets left behind

yes, and to have to repeatedly come on line and defend the fact that this cheap ass badly made plasticy tinny and now troublesome rusty car on stilts is devoid of essential safety equipment in this day and age, but its ok, they crash just fine.......LOL and also to be condescending (in you last sentence) does not look well......a lot like the duster to be fair..........:)
    ...Basically having an attitude of patronizing superiority in your reply about this yoke, whilst you own and drive one, is an irony in itself.

but each to his/her own....

Jus wondering MidlandsM, do you ever talk people out of buying cars/vans that wouldn't get a 5 star rating on the new NCAP test?

Jus wondering MidlandsM, do you ever talk people out of buying cars/vans that wouldn't get a 5 star rating on the new NCAP test?

wonder away ... thats a stupid question designed as some sort of lame "lure" to which i'll not bite because we're talking about people here spending their own money on a family vehicle (the same way as I and my partner looked and test drove a duster as a potential family vehicle but we discounted it)........but try harder next time :D

You seem very passionate about the ncap, I was curious to see if that passion extended beyond this thread that's all.

You seem very passionate about the ncap, I was curious to see if that passion extended beyond this thread that's all.

no no, I deem your off topic post as a thinly veiled attempt to personalise my thoughts on this suv and its lack of safety credentials.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,796 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

You should try it on a downhill junction on a crap surface. On a motorbike. Just when you think the bike is about to stop before the stop line.... ABS kicks in, releases caliper and you roll out into a lane of traffic. That'll wake you up believe me.

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

wonder away ... thats a stupid question designed as some sort of lame "lure" to which i'll not bite because we're talking about people here spending their own money on a family vehicle (the same way as I and my partner looked and test drove a duster as a potential family vehicle but we discounted it)........but try harder next time :D
    no no, I deem your off topic post as a thinly veiled attempt to personalise my thoughts on this suv and its lack of safety credentials.

So that's a "no" then to the question of any craps given about the NCAP outside this thread... :p
    Seriously, you should see someone about your irrational hatred of the Duster, is there some childhood trauma?
    Maybe a Duster came back in time and stole your ice cream?:cool:
    I don't drive one (CMax and MX5), but would consider one, but leaning towards a Yeti.
    Also: The MX5 doesn't even have ABS, let alone any other trickery. As for crashing it? I don't even want to know. Would i swap it for a 100% safe, beige, Econobox? No way!

BTW:
    I hope the cars you currently own have ABS, ESP, radar guided cruise control and emergency braking, we wouldn't want yo to be unsafe.:pac:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

Can I just say, I hope they are a BLINDING little SUV, and reliable for all who ordered one, and are considering them.....because if they are, I'll get a few out of the uk, and flog them here for a killing! lol

So far so good, appears to be the feedback from proud owners who bought them.

Are you still interested in bringing in some from UK?

I was in Spain recently , the Duster seems to be quite popular in the Hire Fleets.

• Advertisement

So far so good, appears to be the feedback from proud owners who bought them.

Are you still interested in bringing in some from UK?

I was in Spain recently , the Duster seems to be quite popular in the Hire Fleets.

sure, I'm a business man, and a sales whore - the yokes will be like any commodity to me, so long as there is enough clobs to buy them (and there will be as some people always buy cheap stuff) and for a wedge for me. :D

sure, I'm a business man, and a sales whore - the yokes will be like any commodity to me, so long as there is enough clobs to buy them (and there will be as some people always buy cheap stuff) and for a wedge for me. :D

Interesting comment MidlandsM.

So then the 3* NCAP rating is not really an issue? Or is it?:confused:

Always good to see someone taking genuine pride in their trade!

Finland has got it right, people there get trained to handle a car on the limit, the same should apply everywhere instead of training people to become morons behind the wheel and drive everywhere at 60 km/h.
    The new road safety message seems to be "people are morons, let's slow them down"

Yes but you see even the best trained driver may not be able to avoid the accident and so the faster you go the stronger the G forces and the higher the risk of internal organ damage.

I wonder would this be the same as if two cars travelling at 60 mph hit each other ?

Makes me wonder why some muppets will not move into the shoulder when some idiot is overtaking coming towards them, one or two of my family members don't move and have the attitude that he's in the wrong and my attitude is next time you do that with me in the car you'll know about it !

Yes but you see even the best trained driver may not be able to avoid the accident and so the faster you go the stronger the G forces and the higher the risk of internal organ damage.

I wonder would this be the same as if two cars travelling at 60 mph hit each other ?

Makes me wonder why some muppets will not move into the shoulder when some idiot is overtaking coming towards them, one or two of my family members don't move and have the attitude that he's in the wrong and my attitude is next time you do that with me in the car you'll know about it !

It won't be different than hitting a wall at that speed (not that that is any help at that speed), you have twice the kinetic energy, but twice the mass, leading to pretty much the same result, if I read you correctly.

Always good to see someone taking genuine pride in their trade!

Would you buy a Duster or any other car from that source ? A businessman with total disrespect for his customers other than screwing them over.

Don't think that type of business has customers , buyers perhaps, but not repeat buyers known in the business world as customers.

Buyer beware.

Would you buy a Duster or any other car from that source ? A businessman with total disrespect for his customers other than screwing them over.

Don't think that type of business has customers , buyers perhaps, but not repeat buyers known in the business world as customers.

Buyer beware.

ahhh here, thats uncalled for and untrue, because you don't even know me or my business. How would I screw over a customer by selling them a duster? I've never screwed anyone over on any vehicle....never. My business is legit, I'm a registered dealer, vat reg'd and trade openly and offer finance, warranty on a range of cars and vans......how dare you suggest otherwise.:mad:

if there are people or ejits or clobs or clowns ignorant enough to buy any vehicle no matter how cheap and nasty it is in my eyes or any sales persons eyes, how would I screw anyone over when the vehicle I supply is checked, vetted, inspected, serviced, vrt'd, nct'd if required (old enough) and I stand over my sale with a warranty like I always do. An suv like any other is a commodity, a marketable item produced to satisfy wants or needs - nothing more, nothing less....and my job is to fulfill that need and to carve out a living at the same time, but it seem you begrudge me a living too.......:rolleyes:

How dare you cast a derogatory slur on me and my business........:(.

ahhh here, thats uncalled for and untrue, because you don't even know me or my business. How would I screw over a customer by selling them a duster? I've never screwed anyone over on any vehicle....never. My business is legit, I'm a registered dealer, vat reg'd and trade openly and offer finance, warranty on a range of cars and vans......how dare you suggest otherwise.:mad:

if there are people or ejits or clobs or clowns ignorant enough to buy any vehicle no matter how cheap and nasty it is in my eyes or any sales persons eyes, how would I screw anyone over when the vehicle I supply is checked, vetted, inspected, serviced, vrt'd, nct'd if required (old enough) and I stand over my sale with a warranty like I always do. An suv like any other is a commodity, a marketable item produced to satisfy wants or needs - nothing more, nothing less....and my job is to fulfill that need and to carve out a living at the same time, but it seem you begrudge me a living too.......:rolleyes:

How dare you cast a derogatory slur on me and my business........:(.

Thank you for your PM & for clarifying your position.
    I note you have also replaced the word "cretinous" with "derogatory".
    Good Night:)

Thank you for your PM & for clarifying your position.
    I note you have also replaced the word "cretinous" with "derogatory".
    Good Night:)

On reflection, I probably should'nt have because cretinious does describe more accurately your vile attack on me and my business.

• Advertisement

Who'd a thought a budget MPV could stir up such passion? :eek:

Advertisement