Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dacia Duster

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 634 ✭✭✭cabb8ge

Opinion differs, it my opinion Megane cheap look and feel compared to Focus, Jetta etc. Back in years past Renault 19 did not feel cheap to me.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭listermint

cabb8ge wrote: »
    Opinion differs, it my opinion Megane cheap look and feel compared to Focus, Jetta etc. Back in years past Renault 19 did not feel cheap to me.

awful horrid place to be alright....

cms2885-3.jpg

perhaps it was the horrible Sport option cabin

renault-megane-cabin.jpg

The Renault 19, my dad had one as did the neighbour.

Epitome of style that it was.

1355261901_451796592_5-renault-19-mod-98-diesel-Buenos-Aires.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,796 ✭✭✭✭galwaytt

listermint wrote: »

renault-megane-cabin.jpg

I don't see anything wrong with that at all, comparing to say...Focus, Golf etc.

One thing a hangover from R19 and Mégane days which I don't get though............why are the instruments laid back at such an angle....almost facing the roof more than anything else......

Ode To The Motorist

“And my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, generates funds to the exchequer. You don't want to acknowledge that as truth because, deep down in places you don't talk about at the Green Party, you want me on that road, you need me on that road. We use words like freedom, enjoyment, sport and community. We use these words as the backbone of a life spent instilling those values in our families and loved ones. You use them as a punch line. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the tax revenue and the very freedom to spend it that I provide, and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you" and went on your way. Otherwise I suggest you pick up a bus pass and get the ********* ********* off the road” 

renault-megane-cabin.jpg

No, it the standard one, not the sport model.

I cannot understand why people challenge other people opinion, why don't you go and post a picture of a more common standard Megane?

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-megane-expression-1-5-dci-5dr-h/5913500

Very different from the sport model.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 27,833 ✭✭✭✭ThisRegard

The materials on the dash and doors are the same on all 3.

I cannot understand why people challenge other people opinion, why don't you go and post a picture of a more common standard Megane?

Here you are so, Whats wrong with this interior then? That terrible donedeal ad image doesnt really give a clear picture considering how bad the quality image is with the sun etc.

Where is the premium in comparison to the focus ? Bearing in mind this is the bog standard opening spec of the range.

Im challenging your opinion about how cheap the interior of the new megane supposedly is against the rivals you pointed out.

Looks like a nice place to be, dont you agree ?

2012-Renault-Megane-21.jpg

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,958 ✭✭✭delthedriver

MidlandsM wrote: »
    it was in the papers, saw it myself - and just because you did'nt see it yourself delboy does'nt mean it wasnt reported.....:rolleyes: only 200 on the 132 plate is a poor performance, espececially for a bargain bucket cheap yoke that some where clambering to order, before the even arrived........but the game is up, as people have seen them now and seen how low grade they actually are, and are spending their hard earned on a quality used suv, mostly in from the uk.

Ah.................. I guess we read different newspapers!:D

• Advertisement

BdaraB wrote: »
    Sorry I forgot to add in the link in my last post, here is car sales for September: http://bestsellingcarsblog.com/2013/10/03/ireland-september-2013-bmw-5-series-1-again-seat-leon-3/

Thank you for the stats, very interesting reading.

Well done, stats always more desirable than throwaway comments.

Sincerely:)

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭DIF

http://cars.donedeal.ie/cars-for-sale/renault-megane-expression-1-5-dci-5dr-h/5913500

Ya I made the mistake of getting the entry-level Expression 5-dr hatchback Megane last year - it was dreadful - very cheap hard plastics used inside- bog-standard - no sound-proofing - handled like a elephant in the wet!

I tolerated it for 10 months and gave in - cut my losses and traded it in for a 3 month old ex-rental top of the range GT Line spec Grand Megane. People there is no comparision - it's like driving a different car. Smooth, refined, sound-proofed, very high spec, has sports spec suspension and traction control which you need for the bumpy roads around Cork. And it still has a super efficient diesel engine which only costs €190 to tax and still has a 5 year warranty... so ya it was a classic case of you get what you pay for!

• Registered Users Posts: 151 ✭✭DIF

ThisRegard wrote: »
    The materials on the dash and doors are the same on all 3.
    No the Expression has a dreadful hard plastic similar to what they use in vans on the doors... the GT Line has a nice soft foam leatherette style finish on the doors... and uses metallic style finish on the door handles etc - no comparision! The Expression has zero sound proofing. When driving the Expression in the rain the noise is horrendous.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 900 ✭✭✭650Ginge

Thank you for the stats, very interesting reading.

Well done, stats always more desirable than throwaway comments.

Sincerely:)

The figures in that article are rubbish citroen 182,000 I don't think so .

650Ginge wrote: »
    The figures in that article are rubbish citroen 182,000 I don't think so .

;)

Here you are so, Whats wrong with this interior then?
    Looks like a nice place to be, dont you agree ?////

No I don't agree as I said previous :)
    Look cheap and also feels cheap (not possible to convey by photo)
    You not agree, I not mind :)

It seems this man agree :)
    First hand experience too :)
    Ya I made the mistake of getting the entry-level Expression 5-dr hatchback Megane last year - it was dreadful - very cheap hard plastics used inside- bog-standard - no sound-proofing - handled like a elephant in the wet!

I tolerated it for 10 months and gave in - cut my losses and traded it in for a 3 month old ex-rental top of the range GT Line spec Grand Megane. People there is no comparision - it's like driving a different car. Smooth, refined, sound-proofed, very high spec, has sports spec suspension and traction control which you need for the bumpy roads around Cork. And it still has a super efficient diesel engine which only costs €190 to tax and still has a 5 year warranty... so ya it was a classic case of you get what you pay for!

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Ah.................. I guess we read different newspapers!:D

yeah, you should give up on the red tops :pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,481 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

But they're so cheap

*gets coat

LOL! Actually I thought red top were more for second hand car dealers.

TBH I am a Times Reader :D

colm_mcm wrote: »
    But they're so cheap

*gets coat

There are none so blind who don't wish to see:)

But they're so cheap

*gets coat

and nasty:P

re; being a times reader.......yeah, surrrrrrrrre you are.......lol

• Advertisement

and nasty:P

re; being a times reader.......yeah, surrrrrrrrre you are.......lol

Who is being nasty now?:pac:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭Lutecia

I dunno del, Renault can't make Renaults premium, so before they make Dacias mainstream they have to make Renaults desirable.

In Ireland at least, the price slashing done a few years back with €8999 clios and €14999 Fluences on scrappage mean that's gonna take a long time.

Difference here is that Dacia is a pure budget brand and a handy brand to have for emerging markets where they can slap a Renault/Nissan/Dacia/Datsun badge on depending on where they want to position the brand.

I suppose the mk1 Logan is Renaults Favorit, the Duster/Sandero etc are their Felicia's, we have yet to see their Octavia.

You're very right on the first part. Renault has to go Premium vs Dacia.
    Now Dacia product placement hasn't moved an inch in 9 years in mainland. The Logan was launched in France at 7500€ in 2004, and now starts at 7700€ (with extra power steering, ESP, more airbags etc.). All other brands have gone through regular price increase that make Dacia still low cost. Differs from Skoda story already. Renaults execs said they want to keep it the way it is.

The 8990 Clio and 14990 Mégane/Fluence story... to be honest I though that like other Renaults of the past decade, the value would plummet, especially considering the high volumes the sold and that I could find today a 2010 Fluence for 8K, since Megane/Lagunas have always been pretty much the cheapest thing you could find on the used market.
    Now, have a look at the price of a 2010 Mégane/Fluence, vs a Focus or a new Astra.
    I think buying new a 2010 Mégane was the best move (but who could have predict that?). I'm happy to have an explanation on why this higher resale value (compared to competitors that have all been sold in lower volumes and have better image).
    And today Renault doesn't discount anymore their cars, and the new models aren't particularly cheap.

Now back on the Duster, it's number 2 in Ireland in October:
    http://bestsellingcarsblog.com/2013/11/02/ireland-october-2013-opel-insignia-and-dacia-duster-on-top/
    Dacia Ireland announced today the launch of the Sandero Stepway later this month.

Lutecia wrote: »
    You're very right on the first part. Renault has to go Premium vs Dacia.
    Now Dacia product placement hasn't moved an inch in 9 years in mainland. The Logan was launched in France at 7500€ in 2004, and now starts at 7700€ (with extra power steering, ESP, more airbags etc.). All other brands have gone through regular price increase that make Dacia still low cost. Differs from Skoda story already. Renaults execs said they want to keep it the way it is.

The 8990 Clio and 14990 Mégane/Fluence story... to be honest I though that like other Renaults of the past decade, the value would plummet, especially considering the high volumes the sold and that I could find today a 2010 Fluence for 8K, since Megane/Lagunas have always been pretty much the cheapest thing you could find on the used market.
    Now, have a look at the price of a 2010 Mégane/Fluence, vs a Focus or a new Astra.
    I think buying new a 2010 Mégane was the best move (but who could have predict that?). I'm happy to have an explanation on why this higher resale value (compared to competitors that have all been sold in lower volumes and have better image).
    And today Renault doesn't discount anymore their cars, and the new models aren't particularly cheap.

http://bestsellingcarsblog.com/2013/11/02/ireland-october-2013-opel-insignia-and-dacia-duster-on-top/
    Dacia Ireland announced today the launch of the Sandero Stepway later this month.

Thank you. Very Interesting Post.:)

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/top-gear-awards-bargain-of-the-year-2012-12-19

TG Awards Bargain of the Year: Dacia Duster
    "What the Dacia does so well is engender a sense of well-being. That you spent wisely, frugally. That you embrace rationality...":D

http://www.topgear.com/uk/car-news/top-gear-awards-bargain-of-the-year-2012-12-19

"What the Dacia does so well is engender a sense of well-being. That you spent wisely, frugally. That you embrace rationality...":D

and you are tight :p

A new car for the price of a second hand car !:)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

I see a few of these in France every time I'm there, but I've yet to see even one in Ireland. Is anyone buying them here?

Yeah, sure there's a lad on here on his second one.

Dacia Warranty

Every new Dacia is covered by a standard 3 year / 100,000 km* Warranty package. Under the terms of this Warranty, your Dacia dealer is able to repair or replace, without charge, parts that are found to have a material or assembly defect that is recognised by Dacia. Your new Dacia also comes with a 2 year paintwork warranty, as well as a 6 year anti-corrosion warranty.

Drive with peace of mind!

Why would anyone risk a second hand car with 3 months warranty?:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

A new car for the price of a second hand car !:)
    Id have no qualms in paying the same money for a good secondhand car over a new dacia.

• Advertisement

940 posts!:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,281 ✭✭✭✭MadYaker

Dacia Duster, 63 pages, there must have been some serious tangents!

MadYaker wrote: »
    I see a few of these in France every time I'm there, but I've yet to see even one in Ireland. Is anyone buying them here?

http://bestsellingcarsblog.com/2013/...duster-on-top/
    Dacia Ireland announced today the launch of the Sandero Stepway later this month.:D

Form an orderly queue.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,865 ✭✭✭✭MuppetCheck

Form an orderly queue.....

New thread perhaps?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,661 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

http://bestsellingcarsblog.com/2013/...duster-on-top/
    Dacia Ireland announced today the launch of the Sandero Stepway later this month.:D

71 units. Out of a market (Oct) of 1692 registrations. Break out the champagne.

New thread perhaps?

Is there not a sandero thread too? They all look the same to me :)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Dacia Warranty

Every new Dacia is covered by a standard 3 year / 100,000 km* Warranty package. Under the terms of this Warranty, your Dacia dealer is able to repair or replace, without charge, parts that are found to have a material or assembly defect that is recognised by Dacia. Your new Dacia also comes with a 2 year paintwork warranty, as well as a 6 year anti-corrosion warranty.

3 months? Unless you are going well back in the years you will get significantly more than a 3 months warranty.

There are plenty of cars today that come with long warranties. Cars such as Hyundai and Kia come with 5 and 7 year warranties.

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    Id have no qualms in paying the same money for a good secondhand car over a new dacia.

Fair comment.! I guess it depends what and where you are buying it.:D

• Advertisement

JohnBoy26 wrote: »
    3 months? Unless you are going well back in the years you will get significantly more than a 3 months warranty.

There are plenty of cars today that come with long warranties. Cars such as Hyundai and Kia come with 5 and 7 year warranties.

Second hand cars with 5 and 7 year warranties?:confused:

Second hand cars with 5 and 7 year warranties?:confused:

Yes, 2 year old kias have 5 years left. 1 year old mitsubishis have 7 years left!
    You're less likely to need the warranty too :D

Yes, 2 year old kias have 5 years left. 1 year old mitsubishis have 7 years left!
    You're less likely to need the warranty too :D

Thank you for clarifying that Colm. You are of course talking about Manufacturer warranties versus 3 month dealer warranties, t&c's apply depending on the dealer.

It is also possible to additional Dacia warranty up to 5 years at car purchase stage:D

71 units. Out of a market (Oct) of 1692 registrations. Break out the champagne.

Bollinger would be very nice , thank you:)

Bollinger would be very nice , thank you:)

bjwu.jpg

bjwu.jpg

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 19,494 ✭✭✭✭road_high

MadYaker wrote: »

Lots. One of this years sales "sensations" (if you could call a Dacia a sensation :D) in Ireland. They've really struck a chord here, new car for €9,995 for a "131 or 132" ; that's enough for many Irish motorists.
    I suspect many have traded in superior older cars for a "new" Dacia. Not that they're bad, it's just I'd rate many secondhand cars way ahead personally.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,475 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Dacia Warranty

I am nearly convinced but Im pretty sure Ive found a major issue with the technical wording of that warranty

mickdw wrote: »
    I am nearly convinced but Im pretty sure Ive found a major issue with the technical wording of that warranty

The material or assembly defect bit? The recognised by dacia bit?

The material or assembly defect bit? The recognised by dacia bit?

I guess it is better than the lack of wording in the 3 month 'warranty" from the Second Hand Sales Lot :D:D:D:D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,475 ✭✭✭✭mickdw

Yes, yes all of the above but additionally they fail to acknowledge liability for, or make any provision for the cleaning of vomit from the dash each morning.

:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement