Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dacia Duster

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,944 ✭✭✭Bigus

roy16_1977 wrote: »
    Excellent post, might just of made up my mind now!

Agreed excellent honest post,

I think the depreciation is going to be a lot less severe then the doomsayers predicted originally ,

cheapest one one donedeal is 13900 albeit from a main dealer,

but owners are certainly not anxious to offload them quickly which could mean an even lower cost of ownership over three years or whatever.

Personally I like the lack of the electronic key and handbrake , which give loads of trouble on parent Renaults, faults putting everyone off an otherwise fundamentally reliable meganes etc giving them a terrible name.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭newfranko

Bigus wrote: »
    Agreed excellent honest post,

I think the depreciation is going to be a lot less severe then the doomsayers predicted originally ,

cheapest one one donedeal is 13900 albeit from a main dealer,

but owners are certainly not anxious to offload them quickly which could mean an even lower cost of ownership over three years or whatever.

Personally I like the lack of the electronic key and handbrake , which give loads of trouble on parent Renaults, faults putting everyone off an otherwise fundamentally reliable meganes etc giving them a terrible name.

Is the one on donedeal a commercial? This seems very cheap for a 1 year old Duster, but I have seen commercial Dusters at this price new plus vat.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Lutecia wrote: »
    This actually means that new type of vehicles that have been launched after 1/11/11 need to have ESP Standard, and the ones before may have it optional or not at all.
    The Duster is a type that is from 2010, so doesn't need it standard.
    The Sandero/Logan MCV however was launched in 2012, and that is why it is standard on the 9990€ model.

From 1/11/14, all new cars will have it standard, regardless of when they have been conceived/originally launched.
    That means some obscure old cars may leave the market. I'm thinking the Lada Niva that is still sold in mainland Europe and doesn't even have ABS.

Stupid Eurocrat red tape nonsense TBH. If you drive a RWD car with 200+ bhp, of course you will need a few electric gizmos. Or not if you know how to handle it properly.
    But if you drive some 900 kg sh*tbox with a wheezy sub 1 liter engine that barely manages to pootle along, it is pure overkill that will never get used. but then again, the kind of person that drives said sh*tbox is usually about as competent behind the wheel as a rotten piece of banana peel.
    It's just written by overpaid pencil pushers who probably don't even own a car, nevermind care about them to begin with.
    But it's all in the spirit of how the new generation will be taught to drive. Just potter along like Driving Miss Daisy, never exceed 60 km/h and if you find yourself in a dangerous situation just close your eyes, yank the wheel, jump on the brakes with both feet and pray to the Gods of ESP.
    Personally I think electronic gizmos are only 5% of road safety, learning how to bloody drive should be 95%. But implementing proper training, education and enforcement are difficult, whilst putting up mindless red tape, speed kills campaigns and flash4cash vans every 500 meters are easy and profitable. At least that way no-one will be forced to actually think.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

If you drive a RWD car with 200+ bhp, of course you will need a few electric gizmos. Or not if you know how to handle it properly.

If ever a car needed ESP, it's topply-over stuff like the Duster, original Merc A-Class , and carvans like the Kangoo and Nemo (the elktester in the video linked above actually does put a Nemo on its roof).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,056 ✭✭✭gooner99

Stupid Eurocrat red tape nonsense TBH. If you drive a RWD car with 200+ bhp, of course you will need a few electric gizmos. Or not if you know how to handle it properly.
    But if you drive some 900 kg sh*tbox with a wheezy sub 1 liter engine that barely manages to pootle along, it is pure overkill that will never get used. but then again, the kind of person that drives said sh*tbox is usually about as competent behind the wheel as a rotten piece of banana peel.
    It's just written by overpaid pencil pushers who probably don't even own a car, nevermind care about them to begin with.
    But it's all in the spirit of how the new generation will be taught to drive. Just potter along like Driving Miss Daisy, never exceed 60 km/h and if you find yourself in a dangerous situation just close your eyes, yank the wheel, jump on the brakes with both feet and pray to the Gods of ESP.
    Personally I think electronic gizmos are only 5% of road safety, learning how to bloody drive should be 95%. But implementing proper training, education and enforcement are difficult, whilst putting up mindless red tape, speed kills campaigns and flash4cash vans every 500 meters are easy and profitable. At least that way no-one will be forced to actually think.

Is that you Mr. Clarkson

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 166 ✭✭Lutecia

That said, ESP isn't costly. It's just bits of electronics that have been developped by manufacturers anyway (way before it was mandatory). I think the benefit is for the consumer, as manufacturer are making €€€ on options, and won't as much when it's put standard.

If ever a car needed ESP, it's topply-over stuff like the Duster, original Merc A-Class , and carvans like the Kangoo and Nemo (the elktester in the video linked above actually does put a Nemo on its roof).

However, if you bank sharply in a top heavy vehicle, it will go over, ESP or not.
    I once rented a Punto, it had a lawnmower engine, but it also had traction control. It was quite a bit of work getting it to kick in. I had it pointing uphill on a wet cobbled street, revs at max, pop the clutch, yes! A tiny slap on the wrist by the traction control. That was the first and last time it was ever used in that cars life I'm willing to bet. ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,481 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

However, if you bank sharply in a top heavy vehicle, it will go over, ESP or not.
    I once rented a Punto, it had a lawnmower engine, but it also had traction control. It was quite a bit of work getting it to kick in. I had it pointing uphill on a wet cobbled street, revs at max, pop the clutch, yes! A tiny slap on the wrist by the traction control. That was the first and last time it was ever used in that cars life I'm willing to bet. ;)

Traction control and stability control aren't the same thing though.

If you do it fast enough, yes. But the non-ESP car will go over at a slower speed, as you can see in the elk test video upthread.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Traction control and stability control aren't the same thing though.

Well, yes. My point is that that Punt was so weedy, it was impossible to get into trouble in it.
    Now to stuff an extra €2k worth of gadgets in there is the equivalent of wearing an Iron Man suit to go golfing. Safe no doubt, but over the top, complete overkill and just no worth it.
    But that's the way things are going...

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭DubVelo

These yokes were EVERYWHERE when I was in France. Bajillions of them...

Now to stuff an extra €2k worth of gadgets in there is the equivalent of wearing an Iron Man suit to go golfing. Safe no doubt, but over the top, complete overkill and just no worth it.

Firstly, ESP won't add €2K to the cost of a car, as most of the hardware is already there in the standard fit ABS.

Secondly, even your basic Punto can do the motorway limit and change lanes, which is one place ESP is useful.

The Duster is probably slower than that Punto, but it definitely needs ESP.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,221 ✭✭✭✭Nekarsulm

DubVelo wrote: »

Quite agree, went camping in Normandy, and every campsite had at least 5 or 6 of them, French, Dutch and German reg's.

2.4% Market share in France to date this year, sold since 2010, so that 100.000+ on their roads.
    http://bestsellingcarsblog.com/2014/06/15/france-may-2014-now-with-the-top-300-models-top-50-brands/

That said, this year to date, it's 1.4% share (20th seller) in Ireland, roughly same numbers as the Corsa, Superb, Micra, i40 or Polo. So in the long term if sales stay at the same level, we can imagine that they'll be everywhere here as well.
    http://www.beepbeep.ie/stats/?sYear[]=2014&sYear[]=2013&sRegType=1&sMonth[]=&sMonth[]=&x=27&y=7

And since these are decent sellers in UK too, brace yourselves for used imports in a year or 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 132 ✭✭arch20000

Have mine just over a year now (22,500 miles) and it is great. MPG is stable with real world mixed driving of high 40's to low 50's and actually does really well in city and country road driving. Motorway driving can see you fall to 40mpg (but I usually drive fairly hard there). So all good there for me. Yes you can get even more with more expensive cars but it's still good. I may not call it a bargain but I would call it good value.

Why?

Your paying for a car with out all the added bits that cost you in the pocket that you may never have specified if you had the oppertunity to do as custom add ons. And yes you really don't have much of a choice to up grade with Dacia but that's the deal you either like the idea or don't.

But what people really need to look at is the basic equivalent model when comparing price as you will have to pay extra for your add ons in all marques like paint etc and that is your call. The Duster only comes in Diesel so you need to compare the closest diesel model to see the true price difference and not the base price range which most other marques start with the cheaper petrol engined models.

Point Being the Duster 1.5 DCi 110 (Basic Model) = €15,990 (Claimed urban fuel economy 4.6l/100km )
    The cheapest equivalent Nissan Quashqui
    The Qashqai 1.5 DSL XE (Basic Model) is €26,395 (Claimed urban fuel economy 4.2l/100km this wins )
    The Cheapest equivalent Skoda Yeti
    1.6 TDI/105bhp Green Line = €25,320 (Claimed urban fuel economy 4.6l/100km )

So for similar engine types you are paying 9-10,000 more for your basic trim levels and so called extra safety features.

I said thank you but no thank you and I am driving a perfectly safe, capable and comfortable car.

Yes it certainly feels like a cheaper car but I took the decision and have not have had to fork out those thousands extra for the luxury of having my doors having the VW clunk.

At the end of the day after a few months in a car you forget about what you have or have not.

But what I have I am perfectly happy with and it serves the family more than well. I do miss my Alfa though but the wife and kids don't.

Brilliant Review. I've had mine since September and I agree with everything above. I miss my Jag X-Type but I don't miss the associated costs of upkeep like road tax, fuel and expensive servicing. It took me a while to get used to the Duster but now it's like a comfy pair of slippers!

arch20000 wrote: »
    Brilliant Review. I've had mine since September and I agree with everything above. I miss my Jag X-Type but I don't miss the associated costs of upkeep like road tax, fuel and expensive servicing. It took me a while to get used to the Duster but now it's like a comfy pair of slippers!

Well said, it's good to know of people who are enjoying the Dacia Duster for it's economic sense as well as enjoying driving it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭liam7831

arch20000 wrote: »

Wow some come down. . . iv a 141 old type Qashqai and it feels totally underpowered and thrown together so cant imagine what one of them yokes is like

liam7831 wrote: »
    Wow some come down. . . iv a 141 old type Qashqai and it feels totally underpowered and thrown together so cant imagine what one of them yokes is like

About 8 grand cheaper and same engine and gearbox as Qashqai, it drives well and does'nt look thrown together.

• Registered Users Posts: 9 majic 69

Dacia business strategy for Irish market is rather strange. They introduce Logan MCV – when no one buys estates in Ireland but didn’t introduce Dacia Lodgy and Dacia Logan Sedan – when seven seater vans and family sedans are hugely popular in Ireland and could be bestsellers.

• Registered Users Posts: 245 ✭✭V Eight

majic 69 wrote: »
    Dacia business strategy for Irish market is rather strange. They introduce Logan MCV – when no one buys estates in Ireland but didn’t introduce Dacia Lodgy and Dacia Logan Sedan – when seven seater vans and family sedans are hugely popular in Ireland and could be bestsellers.

Emm...just read this 'autotrade.ie'

Estate car sales in Ireland are on the increase with increased sales of 160 per cent since 2009 with further significant growth forecasted for 2014.
    The Estate segment is forecasted to expand even further by 990 vehicles this compared to 2013 (2,532 forecasted this year vs. 1,509 last year).

people are starting to buy estates in Ireland - bout time.....

• Advertisement
  • Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,737 ✭✭✭MidlandsM

Well the french are essentially communists and tight inbred peasants, driving a cheap dacia is a perfect way to articulate your standing in society.

newfranko wrote: »
    About 8 grand cheaper and same engine and gearbox as Qashqai, it drives well and does'nt look thrown together.

Ahhh it does, re;the interior...iv seen wheelie bins with better build quality

MidlandsM wrote: »
    Well the french are essentially communists and tight inbred peasants, driving a cheap dacia is a perfect way to articulate your standing in society.

Or they are smart, savvy consumers who value practicality and bang for your buck over reg snobbery, badge snobbery and keeping up with the Joneses and do not want to plough their income into a car over their lifestyle.
    Smart bunch, they are. ;)
    The Irish are much more into throwing all their money down the drain so they drive the "right" brand car with the "right" reg and make sure they are seen to be doing well, when in reality they have a €500k mortgage on a €200k house and paying off a €40k carloan (or two), no to mention the credit card bill from the new wardrobe, going out 3 times a week and holiday twice a year with city breaks.
    Wouldn't we be mortified if the neighbours thought we weren't "doing well"?
    The French (and Germans, Italians and the rest of Europe) are rolling on the floor, laughing at this.
    Also throw in the apartment in Bulgaria and Spain, all new furniture for the house, everything the finest and newest. And not a shred of style to be seen anywhere, bit like lottery winners splashing all their cash at Argos.

Or they are smart, savvy consumers who value practicality and bang for your buck over reg snobbery, badge snobbery and keeping up with the Joneses and do not want to plough their income into a car over their lifestyle.
    Smart bunch, they are. ;)
    The Irish are much more into throwing all their money down the drain so they drive the "right" brand car with the "right" reg and make sure they are seen to be doing well, when in reality they have a €500k mortgage on a €200k house and paying off a €40k carloan (or two), no to mention the credit card bill from the new wardrobe, going out 3 times a week and holiday twice a year with city breaks.
    Wouldn't we be mortified if the neighbours thought we weren't "doing well"?
    The French (and Germans, Italians and the rest of Europe) are rolling on the floor, laughing at this.
    Also throw in the apartment in Bulgaria and Spain, all new furniture for the house, everything the finest and newest. And not a shred of style to be seen anywhere, bit like lottery winners splashing all their cash at Argos.

In fairness fuzz, most of what you post there is b0llox.

In fairness fuzz, most of what you post there is b0llox.

'Tis not!
    Now I need to go out and polish the 132 X5, the neighbours one is staring to look shinier...

In fairness the French worker knows he/she has two property Taxes to budget for every year, and a great many workers, both State and self employed, are on a very tight budget. The amount of 20 year old Polo's and 205's etc. whizzing around bears testament to the reality of life there, its not because they are "tight inbred peasants"!

Ahhh it does, re;the interior...iv seen wheelie bins with better build quality

Oh dear, and what may I ask do you drive? Must be something special.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

Oh dear, and what may I ask do you drive? Must be something special.

Im all for Dacia, I do like em, but you may regret asking that question:D

Im all for Dacia, I do like em, but you may regret asking that question:D

Bring it on!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,532 ✭✭✭JohnBoy26

Bring it on!

h6DC82265

Thanks Johnboy, I'm cool.

Nekarsulm wrote: »
    In fairness the French worker knows he/she has two property Taxes to budget for every year, and a great many workers, both State and self employed, are on a very tight budget. The amount of 20 year old Polo's and 205's etc. whizzing around bears testament to the reality of life there, its not because they are "tight inbred peasants"!

This is more boll0x to be fair. As i type this im in france, slap bang in the middle of the french middles classes....spending their vacation cash liberally...and dusters, sanderos and other dacia yokes are here....amongst the well healed with audis, bmws etc

The french are just tight....no big deal, as are the germans. And when i describe the french, as i do, its an educated opinion, being here right now, in france. Im not just name calling for the sake of it.

Ah! so my friends over there, three of which I have known since they graduated from DIT in the 1990's, and who now work in the auto industry, are just tight!
    How clever of them to have hidden their inbreeding from me for so long! And the fact that they are peasants as well!
    I bow to your superior knowledge. (or at least, to your own sense of superiority, which is NOT the same thing)

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

Spotted 4 of the Dusters on the Dungarvan to Waterford road yesterday while I was driving to Waterford, def getting more popular

Ah! so my friends over there, three of which I have known since they graduated from DIT in the 1990's, and who now work in the auto industry, are just tight!
    How clever of them to have hidden their inbreeding from me for so long! And the fact that they are peasants as well!
    I bow to your superior knowledge. (or at least, to your own sense of superiority, which is NOT the same thing)

More boll0x, which is not even humerous.
    Re; the french being essentially communists and peasants....looks like in cavan they didnt teach french history too well, but more like how to ate the dinner outta a drawer...now, that is funny...lol

• Advertisement

Ok.
    I'll play the French card now (I was born there and have family there, so a country I know well).
    Yes, French middle class is generally tight compared to the Irish one. No doubt about it. The average salary is something like 30% over the minimum salary. So you see this huge middle class, educated, doing barely better than the lower class.

Now regarding cars, upper class is doing very well like in the rest of Europe and buying BMW and Audis as you would expect.
    Because of that middle class 'crisis', you have many people leaving Ford/Renault/Peugeot/etc and going to used cars or Dacias. Hard fact. The brand has gained a great reputation there, a bit like Skoda in Ireland a decade ago.
    Regarding car ownership, there is also a great difference between Ireland and France. Whereas the taxes in France are generally high, they are not on cars : No VRT (just your 20% VAT), no road tax, insurances are cheap, petrol/diesel cheaper than here. New car market is very competitive -thank you EU- and you can buy a new one for ridiculous money see here for example: http://www.cardil.fr/
    Then depreciation : Frenchmen maintain correctly their car, and your 25 years old French Pug 205 looks better than your average Irish 2004 Fiesta LX. And they hold their value better. Making a the cost of ownership of a car much less painful regardles.

That said, I'm still upset on the fact that we seem unable to keep our cars longer than they do in mainland. Sure the Irish economy would be better off maintaining a car for longer period of time, supporting local jobs, rather than ditching it after 12-14 years for a brand new import.
    Or maybe the answer is indeed that f*cking reg snobbery, dragging the whole used market down.
    Ask a Frenchman what year is their car. Most genuinely don't know for sure, and they will tell you they buy and drive a car, not a reg plate.

More boll0x, which is not even humerous.
    Re; the french being essentially communists and peasants....looks like in cavan they didnt teach french history too well, but more like how to ate the dinner outta a drawer...now, that is funny...lol

Must sicken your hole to have to holiday there! My condolences.

Yes especially for an Irish peasant, he'll be going round saying "jaysus, where can I get me a shnack box, its all dem fordeign muck here" and "you know dat car is only a haep o' sh*te, you'll be wantin one a dem New Toyoodas, now".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

Ok.
    I'll play the French card now (I was born there and have family there, so a country I know well).
    Yes, French middle class is generally tight compared to the Irish one. No doubt about it. The average salary is something like 30% over the minimum salary. So you see this huge middle class, educated, doing barely better than the lower class.

Now regarding cars, upper class is doing very well like in the rest of Europe and buying BMW and Audis as you would expect.
    Because of that middle class 'crisis', you have many people leaving Ford/Renault/Peugeot/etc and going to used cars or Dacias. Hard fact. The brand has gained a great reputation there, a bit like Skoda in Ireland a decade ago.
    Regarding car ownership, there is also a great difference between Ireland and France. Whereas the taxes in France are generally high, they are not on cars : No VRT (just your 20% VAT), no road tax, insurances are cheap, petrol/diesel cheaper than here. New car market is very competitive -thank you EU- and you can buy a new one for ridiculous money see here for example: http://www.cardil.fr/
    Then depreciation : Frenchmen maintain correctly their car, and your 25 years old French Pug 205 looks better than your average Irish 2004 Fiesta LX. And they hold their value better. Making a the cost of ownership of a car much less painful regardles.

That said, I'm still upset on the fact that we seem unable to keep our cars longer than they do in mainland. Sure the Irish economy would be better off maintaining a car for longer period of time, supporting local jobs, rather than ditching it after 12-14 years for a brand new import.
    Or maybe the answer is indeed that f*cking reg snobbery, dragging the whole used market down.
    Ask a Frenchman what year is their car. Most genuinely don't know for sure, and they will tell you they buy and drive a car, not a reg plate.

Maybe we should rename the bangernomics thread the french man (or woman) in disguise thread

I know this is June with low selling volumes but Dacia did well in Ireland last month:
    Sandero 4th best seller, Duster 17th. Brand 6th (better than Renault)
    the Brand is 14th over the 6 first months of the year, between Seat and Mercedes.
    (source:simi)

• Advertisement

He he, no its grand thanks...you'd like it over here actually

Ok.

So i was correct, thanks for clarification.
    Yes especially for an Irish peasant, he'll be going round saying "jaysus, where can I get me a shnack box, its all dem fordeign muck here" and "you know dat car is only a haep o' sh*te, you'll be wantin one a dem New Toyoodas, now".

Again, not even humerous but a thinly veiled insult.... not even a good retort. Try again.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

Not the Duster, but I drove the stepaway sander recently.

Nice car, 1.5DCi engine has a bit of power, the one I had was electric blue. Looked really well parked outside the house, except for the god-awful door handles.

The car itself was quiet spacious and easy to drive, it had some power as it uses the same engine as the Duster but is lighter. Had a good bit of room for me, I am 5 10 and 102KG and I felt very spacious inside and had good room in the back for Kids. Boot was very big.

Brand new the car was 15.5K for the good model. You will get nothing for trading in a car against it as I found out, as the margin on the car for launch is very low.

allibastor wrote: »
    You will get nothing for trading in a car against it as I found out, as the margin on the car for launch is very low.

The current very good sales figures are based on cash sales, no trade in. This will be a problem for the brand a little down the road, when people try to trade their Dacia in for a new one.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,520 ✭✭✭allibastor

The current very good sales figures are based on cash sales, no trade in. This will be a problem for the brand a little down the road, when people try to trade their Dacia in for a new one.

I would imagine so,as if the car is being sold on tight Margin now the resale will be shocking for New Dacia. and its not like the retailers can bump up the price by 20% or more without people being turned off the car.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,271 ✭✭✭naughtysmurf

except for the god-awful door handles.

Funnily enough, that was the first thing that caught my eye, they are pretty poor looking

I'd have no worries about the engine or the electrics, reckon they will be reliable enough & if looking for a budget A to B vehicle & depreciation isn't a factor then they will suit a lot of folks.

Not the Duster, but I drove the stepaway sander recently.

Nice car, 1.5DCi engine has a bit of power, the one I had was electric blue. Looked really well parked outside the house, except for the god-awful door handles.

The car itself was quiet spacious and easy to drive, it had some power as it uses the same engine as the Duster but is lighter. Had a good bit of room for me, I am 5 10 and 102KG and I felt very spacious inside and had good room in the back for Kids. Boot was very big.

Brand new the car was 15.5K for the good model. You will get nothing for trading in a car against it as I found out, as the margin on the car for launch is very low.

Not quite the same engine actually.
    The Duster has the 110hp version of the 1.5 dCi, with the 6-speed gearbox (Same as the Qashqai)
    The Sandero has the 90hp version with the 5-speed gearbox (same as the Clio or Captur)
    That said, the Sandero is much lighter than the Duster so no doubt on the fact that this is much faster than many superminis/compact cars on the market. It has to be faster than your average Golf/Focus diesel.

• Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,513 Mod ✭✭✭✭Cabaal

That said, the Sandero is much lighter than the Duster so no doubt on the fact that this is much faster than many superminis/compact cars on the market. It has to be faster than your average Golf/Focus diesel.

So Sandero has same power as a Captur?
    Guessing Stepway is also equal in that case

• Registered Users Posts: 9 majic 69

Not quite the same engine actually.
    The Duster has the 110hp version of the 1.5 dCi, with the 6-speed gearbox (Same as the Qashqai)

6-speed gearbox in Duster is not from Qashqai. Is romanian design for Duster only with very short first gear to imitate off-road reduction useful in difficult terrain. Gearbox is one of the Duster weakest point works stiff and is imprecise like in old off roaders, reminds me Nissan Terrano from mid ‘90.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,481 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Incidentally the duster is also sold as the Nissan Terrano!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Incidentally the duster is also sold as the Nissan Terrano!

Aye, I started a thread here some time ago.
    Though as you mentioned its unlikely to show up here.
    I would like it to though. Im still disappointed in their name choice but hey. Mabye with the way Dacias are sold as Renaults in some places, Nissans "Datsun" brand (Basically what Renault did with Dacia) will sell it under that nameplate here!

Im hoping for the Datsun Dune or sommat:D

• Advertisement
Advertisement