Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Dacia Duster

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,620 ✭✭✭✭dr.fuzzenstein

Have to agree Fuzz. The 'cake and eat it' brig are are out i force. A car comes along that offers good value in a no nonsense package. It's not the last word in styling, safety or anything else, but it is an honest, good value car that does not to pretend to be anything it is not. What's not to like about that in world obsessed with brands, most of which are average at best.

If it's not for you go and buy something else!

The general rule is, a BMW can go wrong every 2 weeks and cost thousands to fix, have depreciation of 1000% per day, be made from tic-tac boxes but it's a Beemer!
    A cheap car has to be bomb-proof, never go wrong, look amazing, do 100 mpg, have a resale value of 120%, packed to the rafters with toys and gizmos, cost 0 tax, have the interior of the Orient Express and the build like a brick outhouse. Then it's a cheap, bland econobox and must be ridiculed. ;):p
    (I'm sorry, I couldn't resist)
    I hate plenty of expensive cars, too.

Nice! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 759 ✭✭✭ltdslipdiff

All PH2 Dusters now have ESP standard and its been on all the rest of the Dacia range since release, EU reg's I think, along with Tyre Pressure sensors now on them all too, they crept them back in on the QT. Anyone remember the Laguna's and their Tyre Pressure sensors - jesus !!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 9,617 ✭✭✭ba_barabus

Buying a new crossover at this end of the market you have two choices from my research last summer, Duster or ASX.

Which would you buy?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 34,114 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Eh, no.

It happens in tall yokes with soft suspension, like the original A class, the Duster and car-vans. There's video of a Nemo going on its roof.

This is physics: actual cars are lower with a lowed centre of gravity, and it is really difficult to roll one on a flat surface.

Eh no I've seen several car shows put a yaris through the same test and the yaris faired worse same speed. That is to say rear wheel was higher off the ground.

Your point is mute.but sure whatever your having yourself like....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 73,481 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

ba_barabus wrote: »
    Buying a new crossover at this end of the market you have two choices from my research last summer, Duster or ASX.

Which would you buy?

Isn't the ASX massively more expensive?

Juke is cheap with 4 grand off.

colm_mcm wrote: »
    Isn't the ASX massively more expensive?

Juke is cheap with 4 grand off.

Asx with negotiation was coming in with free sat nav and leather for €20500 with no trade in and a choice of colours.

Are they doing them in petrol now?

Are they doing them in petrol now?

No idea. That was a diesel but it was detuned to 125bhp.

That's not bad, they're desperate to sell cars but nobody cares anymore.
    I'd still have one over a duster though, and the 30th anniversary model is loaded.

• Advertisement

Opps sorry scratch that, it was cost to change was 20500. The dealer was offering it for more, €24500 incl discounts.

Incidentally the person drove all these and sat in a Mazda CX5 and after some negotiation happy purchased the Mazda.

Oh. That changes things.

I did test drive the Asx at the time straight after a Duster.

I felt the Asx while cheap and nasty would outlive the Duster. There really was little between them. The Asx was probably slightly better finished and more refined. If it was my own cash however I couldn't decide if I'd rather save money on the Dacia or buy the Asx. Would I actually buy either however, that's a question I'll answer when I have kids of my own.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,042 ✭✭✭Bpmull

I wonder what the korando is like couldn't be any worse than the duster surely I think I would nearly chose one over a duster although maybe the Asx would be better.

You might get to meet Bill Cullen too :D

You might get to meet Bill Cullen too :D

Its not as if I would buy any of the 3 :pac: but I just dislike the duster so much I just never warmed to them at all I think I would take a korando over one.

• Advertisement

Bpmull wrote: »
    Its not as if I would buy any of the 3 :pac: but I just dislike the duster so much I just never warmed to them at all I think I would take a korando over one.

At €26k for a base one I think I'd stick with the Duster tbh.

At €26k for a base one I think I'd stick with the Duster tbh.

Actually how much is a duster I though they were close enough in price.

1.5 DCI 110 ALTERNATIVE 5 dr € 15,990
    1.5 DCI 110 SIGNATURE 5 dr € 17,990
    1.5 DCI 110 SIGNATURE 4WD 5 dr € 19,990

They are actually a lot cheaper than realised. I thought the basic was around 20k euro. Infairness the engine probably wouldn't see you wrong once minded but the rest of it.

My biggest fear would be them passing the nct at 4 years old the rust protection underneath them seems to be rediculous. I've pulled up behind ones that were only a few months old and the control arms and other parts already had heavy surface rust on them.

You need to add for delivery and metallic if necessary

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

More like....

1461 cc 1.5 dCi 110 ALTERNATIVE B1 270 130 g/km €16,190
    1461 cc 1.5 dCi 110 SIGNATURE B1 270 130 g/km €18,190
    1461 cc 1.5 dCi 110 SIGNATURE 4WD B2 280 135 g/km €20,190

and then delivery and color change. Your talking €17,000 basic for a car that will depreciate like fu*k but hey whatever your into.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,050 ✭✭✭✭cena

How would they compare to the fiat punto?

They wouldn't. A Sandero would be more like a Punto

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭GavMan

Facelift with the better trim is not a bad looking crossover I have concede. Never sat in one so can't comment on interior

MayoSalmon wrote: »
    More like....

and then delivery and color change. Your talking €17,000 basic for a car that will depreciate like fu*k but hey whatever your into.

Where are the really cheap used ones that have depreciated heavily?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,756 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

More like....

and then delivery and color change. Your talking €17,000 basic

I could be proven wrong but I doubt I'd have to pay a cent more than €16k cash to drive one out of the dealers. Delivery and metallic included...

I'd rather pay that than nearly double that for a decent spec Qashqai...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,686 ✭✭✭✭Zubeneschamali

unkel wrote: »
    I'd rather pay that than nearly double that for a decent spec Qashqai...

I'd prefer you to break one of my fingers instead of two.

I'd prefer you to break one of my fingers instead of two.

/gets hammer...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

More like....

I paid 25k for a 1 year old passat. Kept it for 7 years and got 4k trade in valie on it. I lost 21k, or lets say 3k per year in that car. It also cost me about 2k in repairs ovsr that period.

If i buy an duster for 16.500 and keep it for five years till warranty runs out, and if i give it away in a raffle after that, im better off than how my passat went.

And thats for five years trouble free (ie if something goes wrong its not my problem) motoring which i never got with my passat,and is worth a couole of grand more for peace of mind.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,327 ✭✭✭MayoSalmon

Where are the really cheap used ones that have depreciated heavily?

Used ones are all still in warranty...

• Advertisement

Used ones are all still in warranty...

Kias have 7 year warranties, does that mean new kias don't depreciate till 2022?

Warranty has very little to do with anything. They're out 2 years at this stage.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,555 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

Kias have 7 year warranties, does that mean new kias don't depreciate till 2022?

Warranty has very little to do with anything. They're out 2 years at this stage.

Which means they still have 3 years warrany left.

Which means they still have 3 years warrany left.

The 5 year warranty is optional. Standard warranty is 3 years.

Either way, if the Duster "depreciates like ****", I'd like to see where the cheap 2 year old ones are.

The quick answer is there aren't any, the same way there weren't any dirt cheap used Skoda Octavias in the 90s. The cheap image drives demand second hand.

It is easier to use a lazy assumption based on dislike of a brand though.

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Wicklatpr

Anyone got an idea on how long are the current lead in times for delivery of
    a Logan?

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭newfranko

I went to Hogans in Ennis a couple of weeks ago to check out the phase 2 Duster, I must say it is a big improvment on the phase 1 with all the upgrades etc. When I asked how much my 141 Duster was worth in a part exchange I was told another 3000 euro would get me the new model, so 3 grand depreciation for 15 months. They however had a similar model 141 on the forecourt at 18995, 500 euro more than I paid for an ex demo with 400 kms in February last year. I think I'll wait a couple of years and sell on donedeal and see what they are worth then, Duster phase 3 might be out then!

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Wicklatpr

I got such a run around from the young sales exec in Michael Grant's of Sandymount that I will never go down the line of buying a Dacia or Renault. I cancelled my order for a Logan and got my deposit back.

• Registered Users Posts: 65 ✭✭newfranko

Wicklatpr wrote: »
    I got such a run around from the young sales exec in Michael Grant's of Sandymount that I will never go down the line of buying a Dacia or Renault. I cancelled my order for a Logan and got my deposit back.

We got the same thing when we went to buy a new Clio, the salesman at Dennehys in Limerick was full of it, so much so that we bought one from Hogans of Ennis an ex demo at a much better price and very good px on our old Opel Corsa. Some these sales guys really need to work on their sales pitch.

Wicklatpr wrote: »
    I agreed a price for a car with them. Came down to put the deposit down and the price went up. Told them to get stuffed. I did talk to 'Michael Grant Jnr" after to let him know what had happened. He wasn't happy but I wouldn't go back after it.

Got a great write up in the Limerick post. Top journalism.

The standard equipmemt check is comical. "4 speed heating and ventilation system" being a highlight

NV5gV2.jpg

• Advertisement

I'm surprised RADIAL TYRES didn't get a mention.

I used to have a brochure for a Lada Nica and Skoda Rapid that had a major feature on the fact they came with radial tyres. Sadly I dumped them

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,339 ✭✭✭alias no.9

I'm surprised RADIAL TYRES didn't get a mention.

I used to have a brochure for a Lada Nica and Skoda Rapid that had a major feature on the fact they came with radial tyres. Sadly I dumped them
    • Passenger Side Door Mirror
    • Heated Rear Screen
    • AM/FM Radio

alias no.9 wrote: »
    • Passenger Side Door Mirror
    • Heated Rear Screen
    • AM/FM Radio

With cassette?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

With cassette?

CD player. You can also plug in a USB stick and play music off it. I believe the electric windows even work by electricity! And seatbelts are standard on all models! (No lap belt in the rear)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,907 ✭✭✭power pants

wouldnt be my cup of tea to ne honest, look horrid and cheap

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

With cassette?

Theyll even be replacing the dynamos with alternaaaaaytors for the 2016 model.

• Advertisement

Theyll even be replacing the dynamos with alternaaaaaytors for the 2016 model.

I hope they don't forget to put a "Negative Earth" warning sticker on it!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,699 ✭✭✭✭R.O.R

Wonder does it also come with
    16" steel wheels with attractive full size covers

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,934 ✭✭✭Renegade Mechanic

R.O.R wrote: »
    Wonder does it also come with

No, they only cover the centre hub on the Dusters :o

wheel.jpg

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 16,191 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Comes with Renault-Duster-Exterior-Side.jpg

No, they only cover the centre hub on the Dusters :o

wheel.jpg

See nothing wrong with that, I'd far prefer it to the usual grotty, smeggy, shabby plastic wheel coverings, so beloved by the Irish motorist.

• Advertisement
Advertisement