Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

missing boxer dog.

Options
  • 12-08-2012 1:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

Our families boxer has gone missing from the Rathnapish area overnight. There is a search going on for him but its not turning up much info.
    If anyone sees him we would be grateful for any news you may have if anyone has seen him.
    He answers to the name of Wilson.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 374 ✭✭Gingernuts31

So sorry to hear you dog went missing :(. Is he wearing a collar with a tag? Microchipped? Whats he look like? any distinstive marks? You best bet is to call the local rescue centre's, you could find them on google im sure and also report it to your local garda station. Call the dog warden for your area or surrounding areas in case he has wandered off further than you think. Put up posters in local shops, garages etc and also make up a facebook page for him.

Some people on here know what its like to loose a pet and its the worst thing that can happen to you besides loosing a loved one. Do all you can to find him but you will need to keep on the case of any places you do call and be prepared for people saying they saw him here there and everywhere. Good luck and keep us posted.

• Registered Users Posts: 910 ✭✭✭tombull82

Hey Gingernuts

Thanks for the reply, Some good suggestions there.

My wife and our kids have moved to the US and are trying to do all we can from this side, FB etc and boards as you see, Donedeal will be next I think.

Also here is a pic http://www.adspace.ie/item/35264

• Registered Users Posts: 4,085 ✭✭✭meoklmrk91

Hey, can't see the photo as it is most likely private. The best thing you can do today is post that pic on the walls of as many local rescues as you can, even those in surrounding counties. Rescues often have thousands of followers and the picture will be spread far and wide.

Best of luck finding him, I have a boxer myself, they are just fabulous in every way, I don't know what I would do if I lost mine.

meoklmrk91 wrote: »
    Hey, can't see the photo as it is most likely private. The best thing you can do today is post that pic on the walls of as many local rescues as you can, even those in surrounding counties. Rescues often have thousands of followers and the picture will be spread far and wide.

Best of luck finding him, I have a boxer myself, they are just fabulous in every way, I don't know what I would do if I lost mine.

Another good idea meoklmrk91.
    I never thought of posting on recues centers FB page.

Also link updated. Thanks

Thanks Guys,

Wilson has been picked up and returned home safely thank god.

A friend who was aware he was missing spotted him wandering around the Bullock Park area.

Thanks for the suggestions.

Tom

• Advertisement

Thats great Tom glad you got him back safe and sound. Btw I love the name wilson reminds me of the basket ball head in castaway with Tom Hanks :D.

Thats great Tom glad you got him back safe and sound. Btw I love the name wilson reminds me of the basket ball head in castaway with Tom Hanks :D.

Yep everyone's delighted. he was exhausted but ok other than that.

As far as I remember it was partly thought of from Wilson (the neighbour) from Home Improvements the old US show with Tim the toolman Taylor.

Thanks again all.

• Registered Users Posts: 45 Aisling1989

Is Wilson white?

I volunteer for a rescue here and there's a boxer in the pound we take dogs from. Contact me if you need link (not sure if i'm allowed post here according to boards rules)

Is Wilson white?

I volunteer for a rescue here and there's a boxer in the pound we take dogs from. Contact me if you need link (not sure if i'm allowed post here according to boards rules)

See on the previous post where it says he was found safe and sound by a friend of owner?

Advertisement