Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

911 doughnuts custard, are they safe?

Options
  • 12-08-2012 2:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 348 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am just a little worried, had the doughnuts from 911 garage and they were filled with custard. I have no way of knowing if they have Pasteurized eggs in them?? has anyone else ate them when pregnant??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,729 ✭✭✭Acoshla

It would definitely have pasteurised eggs, only homemade custard would have fresh eggs, crappy petrol station donuts are barely real food anyway, just packet mixes.

• Administrators, Politics Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 25,947 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Neyite

I think if they have been cooked (and in this case baked) they are fine. :)

My Doc told me that I could eat pavlova even though the meringue usually is not cooked through - she said as long as it was subjected to heat it was fine.

Even if you find yourself accidentally eating something that is not recommended for pregnancy, dont worry too much - they tell you to avoid foods that have high potential for food poisioning if they are not prepared correctly. So the odds of it being partially cooked at the single one time you happened to eat it is quite small.

Actually, the processed stuff - like the cuisine de france donughts are probably safer than some home baking, because they have to have ovens and fridges calibrated to correct temps, and are trained in correct food hygiene.

Advertisement